[CGL Toys] X-Men: Phonenix Girl 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is cool they all releasing all these figures. I hope the head sculpt turns out better in hand.

KGHobby in Hong Kong. Tracking puts her at the local sort facility so maybe tomorrow I'll have her.

Got my Phoenix Girl today. I will say this for CGL, what you see in the pictures is what you get. The head sculpts may not be stellar, but they don't degrade from figure shown to figure received. It's possible that the pictures shown are actually production samples considering how quick the turn around is.

The figure is pretty nice. I don't know what type of body they used, but it seems pretty solid with tight joints. I think the costume itself is going to limit poseability. There is some movement at the ankles but the boots won't allow the feet to hold any other pose than flat foot.

The sculpts are pretty decent. I think the possessed one actually looks a little better because it hides some of the flaws with the sculpt. I will say this, I think the likeness improves on both sculpts if you pull the hair in close to the face. The plastic band did a better job with my possessed sculpt at keeping the hair where it seems it should be. The hair on the right side should swoop down from the part, across the forehead and over the right eyebrow. The left side needs to hug the face hanging straight down or even pulled slightly forward over the cheek. I'll get some pictures of what I mean, but I might just have to hold the hair in place until I can work with it enough so that it stays there itself.

It's nice to have a Phoenix.

Well, here are a few pictures of the possessed sculpt. It was really hard to get properly focused pictures, but hopefully they aren't too bad. I think you can definitely see Famke in there.
010.JPG
025.JPG
026.JPG
027.JPG

Hands down amazing in hand definitely worth the $120. Outfit 10/10, head 7/10 better in hand, body is a cheap body though.
9afe57483875776023f273e7bda4e24f.jpg
2fd9123f8442019c8eab3c4574eb478e.jpg

Great pics. Mine is on the way. Do you think you'll do a body swap? I was thinking about a Phicen or hot toys.

Back