[CGL Toys] X-Men: Phonenix Girl 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am going to quit while I'm ahead. I'll put some varnish on her eyes to shine them up and ask my friend to do something nicer with the hair. Magneto as you can see looks good enough as he is! Go Ian!

View attachment 298244
View attachment 298256

very nice work indeed! :clap

And thanks for the extra Magneto pic. Excited to get mine. should be here Monday :yess:

I'm really looking forward to all the upcoming X-releases. It's possible we'll get another sculpt of Jean in the next few years, although Charles, Scott, and Ororo, with Deadpool Piotr seem to be next up. That still leaves Bobby, Rogue, Hank, Kurt, Warren - still sooo many more to come.

Someone needs to do a better Jean Grey head. So far all these are lacking but you can't say much since it's unlicensed. Commission a headsculpt anyone?:lol

Someone needs to do a better Jean Grey head. So far all these are lacking but you can't say much since it's unlicensed. Commission a headsculpt anyone?:lol

There is a better custom x2 sculpt but the head shape still looks slightly off and lips and eye lashes need a bit of work on that too to really tease out Famke. I might go for that if decent uniforms become available.

Edit: Here you go - I added Famke's lips and some extra lashes at the corners of her eyes. Whether it would be easy enough to do this to the sculpt in hand, I don't know. I think the head comes painted so you are at risk of damaging the original paint job if you go wrong.

Famke head.jpg

Final pics from me on this effort unless and until I get a proper uniform. Likeness is still only any good in certain lights but she is at least a bit more foxy now. I applied the tiniest amount of hair gel to smooth the fly-away hairs and to get it sitting a bit closer to her face.

DSC_0383.JPG DSC_0384.JPG

DSC_0414a.JPG DSC_0416.JPG DSC_0418.JPG DSC_0420.JPG

In certain lights I can see Famke. Am I delusional or is the likeness there? The hair is a real pain though - I can see it gathering a lot of dust!

If you look at the promo pictures, the likeness is there, albeit not perfect. I displayed mine with the angry face. I found that if I pulled the hair in to cover more of the face, it improved the likeness. You might try reducing the amount of forehead showing.
s-l1600.jpg

DSC_0429.jpgDSC_0427.jpg

I think I've got the hair in as tight as I can now so she will have to do. I just need to wait for Cyclops to be released now before revisiting the dilemma of which customs to make.

I need a couple more display stands too, especially if cyclops is on his way. I'm thinking Dark Phoenix also needs ankle extensions to make her a bit taller.

I think scarlet witches magic effect are perfect for this if can find loose to pick up along with some plastic flames can find on ebay.

_20170419_232507.JPG
Getting excited at the prospect of a proper uniform with the upcoming Figuremasters Storm. Been fiddling with Jean a bit. Judicious use of lighting does help!

Back