[CGL Toys] X-Men: Phonenix Girl 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HS off because they are probably doing a slight resemblence to escape licensing problems???

I bought my CGL Professor X from ebay. I may have only seen one online site selling it and I can't remember what that was.

There won't be many places selling this or the dofp mags. Or the other xmen stuff. They are all technically illegal. And if a store Is an authorized ssc or hot toys (or any marvel licensed items sold really) they could loose that. It's part of the agreement they sign to be a seller. The stuff no one ever actually reads. Lol and if they are a distrubutor..be even worse. So these are grey market. Don't expect any customer service or anything either. These companies sell a few products, get busted and close up. It's to bad as the figures are pretty good.

HS off because they are probably doing a slight resemblence to escape licensing problems???

Doubt it. Unless they made her African-American and blonde with a different outfit, otherwise it's pointless to just make it a "little" off. It's off becuase it's VERY hard to sculpt an exact, or even very close, likeness. Even older hot toys where bad. It takes practice and talent. Lots of both.

For example-the superman returns figure from hot toys. HS was bad. Others as well.

image.jpg

How do they create the "phoenix" veiny effect on the figure? Is it an 2nd headsculpt? It's a very soft likeness indeed. I think all the Xavier and Magneto ones floating around are much closer looking. When oh when are we gonna get official hot toys for the X-men movies? I want all these problems to go away. I'd buy Jean, Xavier, and Magneto in a heartbeat. I only don't have Wolverine because I don't want him to be alone.

Doubt it. Unless they made her African-American and blonde with a different outfit, otherwise it's pointless to just make it a "little" off. It's off becuase it's VERY hard to sculpt an exact, or even very close, likeness. Even older hot toys where bad. It takes practice and talent. Lots of both.

For example-the superman returns figure from hot toys. HS was bad. Others as well.

View attachment 219700

Gotcha..boy HT was bad a few years ago but at that time they were amongst the best of stuff being produced!

Gotcha..boy HT was bad a few years ago but at that time they were amongst the best of stuff being produced!

Yeah man. They have been the top for years, but also have continued to improve. They have managed to advance the industry in ways I thought would take another 20-25 years. It's crazy how far figures have come in the last 10 years. If you look at the previous 40 they didn't advance as much. And hot toys has been a huge part of that.

It's still not the best sculpt. When you compare it to new stuff. I wasn't making it about that head, all the early stuff was a bit off. I have the returns figures and love them both. BUT if they did it now it would be light years better. Overall point was, sculpting a likeness is uber hard.

It's still not the best sculpt. When you compare it to new stuff. I wasn't making it about that head, all the early stuff was a bit off. I have the returns figures and love them both. BUT if they did it now it would be light years better. Overall point was, sculpting a likeness is uber hard.

I knew what you meant, just saying that it can be that much better with a a repaint. I think the best Routh heads came with the Clark Kent figure. I won't show pics of my repaint of those as to not get this thread off topic (not to mention showing DC stuff in the Marvel section :lol) but the likeness is really there on those IMO, just bad paint.

Anywhoo, back to this figure. A repaint could help but yea it's not even 90% there.

We haven't even seen Sansa fill in the role for Jean yet, but I was hoping this was a figure of her from Apocalypse based on the title... :lol

I'd prefer her version already. I wonder if a company will go after Magneto, Psylocke, Apocalypse, Jean and Scott from the new X Film. :dunno

We haven't even seen Sansa fill in the role for Jean yet, but I was hoping this was a figure of her from Apocalypse based on the title... :lol

I'd prefer her version already. I wonder if a company will go after Magneto, Psylocke, Apocalypse, Jean and Scott from the new X Film. :dunno

As much as I like her from game of thrones no I couldn't disagree more. I very much want this and a custom head sculpt of famke Janssen.

While no offense to Famke, her likeness (especially in this outfit) just remind me of the **** stain called X3. :lol

While X1 and X2 were good movies, X3 and Wolverine Origins were pretty terrible. At this point, I am way more invested in the cast and films starting with First Class.

Overall really not bad...... at $125.00 not a bad price..... scheduled to be released Q1 2016...

Back