Captain Jack Harkness anyone? (Torchwood/Dr Who)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else still interested in this project? Peter's sculpt was a nice effort, but I'd like something more refined and in-scale. Maybe we could try commissioning Spenser to sculpt? I think WGP have their hands full with all of their other projects.

My latest version
scaled.php

img1411fk.jpg

img1413k.jpg

img1405gh.jpg

Oh good lord he looks wonderful! I recognise the head. Is it a cast from one of the busts?

I wonder If Big Chief will ever get around to doing him? (oo-err) :lol:

Yep the head is from the Bust literally, not a recast, I cut the head and vortex manipulator off the bust, then altered it so it would work. The back of the head on the bust is missing hair for instance, So I cut off the back of an old Dragon head glued it to Jack and filled in any scratched or missing parts with magic sculpt and even sculpted in some hair in the back. Lots of Dremeling and a lot of time.

img1402wb.jpg

As you can see the bust was badly painted and cross eyed when I got it. Here it is with the original head I used. I will probably use this method again in the future. They have an 8th Doctor bust coming out soon.....Now if they would just make a 7th.

Oh well done, that seems to have worked really well. Is that one of Peter the painters heads next to it? I remember that sculpt as being a tiny bit large, so does the bust version work better size wise? It's tad difficult to tell from your photos as Jack is bulked up with his coat etc.

Updated pics
img1541pi.jpg

img1539rz.jpg

img1536ju.jpg

Jack turned out so well, I had to redo my 9th and rose so they looked better next to him.(plus I've gotten much better in the 4 or 5 years since I originally painted them)(also new phone does colors better)

Also while I was at it I made a Susan.

Back