New Series Doctor Who Ada commission thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This thread is to organize a new series Doctor Who group commission for an Ada sculpted Captain Jack Harkness and Donna Noble head.

d9-8k-064small.jpg

donna2sm.jpg

To those new to the concept, we are now in a pretty sweet age where we can actually hire very talented 1:6 sculptors to make heads for us, but it's expensive.

Therefore we have these commission threads, where we get people to sign up who are interested in getting these heads to split the commissioning cost with, and collect the money forst beforehand to hire her and get them made.

Cost is $35 a head (includes portion of commissioning cost) for whichever character you are interested in, with a goal of getting 10 people involved, there after you can order extra copies of that character for just $15 bucks a head.

Ada can paint the heads fro $10 each if you'd like. Shipping is $5 (for all heads combined).

If the list grows to 15 people, the cost of the heads will drop down to $30 a head. At 20 people involved the cost drops to $25.

In the past, I have already organized a slew of commissioned heads through Ada, including Sam and Dean from Supernatural, The Tall Man from Phantasm, Bishop from Aliens, and a Fourth Doctor and Leela from classic Doctor Who, and currently have the Ghostbusters and Carter Burke from ALIENS commissioning threads going on.

Ada does sell them on her site afterwards about $10 dollars cheaper, but the point of this thread is to actually hire her to get them made.

Right now Donna the plan is will be in a pony tail to not effect head movement. Captain Jack can be any version. Which do you guys prefer?

JACK
Ironman1188 (possibly)
Sueworld (possibly)
BillyB
BCM77
Miskatonic Nick
AgentXpndble (possibly)

DONNA
Trevor22a
2000 Man
BillyB (tentative)
VikkiTX
Miskatonic Nick (tentative)

Last edited:
I'd tentatively be up for a Jack, but I'm wary of how Ada would do him really.

I feel she would need a large amount of reference photos to really understand what is going on in his face, and be able to look beyond the 'manikin' exterior, and grasp which elements are need to create a good likeness. Ada can be so terribly hit and miss sometimes, and often I feel it's because she's not looking at the correct ref' as some of her sculpts work really well, and yet other times not so much.

I have a huge amount of ref' when it comes to him that I can supply you with by the way. If he gets commissioned I know that there would be a couple of people online on the lj communities that may be interested too. and depending how he comes out, maybe even more.

I'd tentatively be up for a Jack, but I'm wary of how Ada would do him really.

I feel she would need a large amount of reference photos to really understand what is going on in his face, and be able to look beyond the 'manikin' exterior, and grasp which elements are need to create a good likeness. Ada can be so terribly hit and miss sometimes, and often I feel it's because she's not looking at the correct ref' as some of her sculpts work really well, and yet other times not so much.

I have a huge amount of ref' when it comes to him that I can supply you with by the way. If he gets commissioned I know that there would be a couple of people online on the lj communities that may be interested too. and depending how he comes out, maybe even more.

Totally understand about the weariness, and that's awesome if we could get more people involved.

So here's the million dollar question- do we want a Jack smiling or grim?

Once we figure that out I'd love the help with reference! :)

I have no interest in Donna whatsoever. I feel she's the worst, most annoying sidekick ever. Jack does interest me. I am worried about the sculpts though. Three of her latest have been too small. Those being Burke, Sawyer and Milla Jovovich. She is supposedly correcting Burke, no word yet on the other two.
You would think after all the heads she's done, the basic scale would be simple. Right on her site, the picture of teh Sawyer head shows a height from chin to top of head of 42mm, its really only 35mm. Thats a HUGE difference in the 1:6 scale world.
Anyway, done ranting, I'm in for Jack (or any of the other Torchwood team), but I'll pass on Donna.

Oh I adored Donna, but I don't feel the need for a sculpt of her just yet. Also I'm not a great fan of Adas female heads they seem to lack something.

Oh and the correct head size is a must. If this goes ahead I'd like a head size thats on par with a sideshow one. Nothing else would be of any use to me I'm afraid. As to what expression. A smirk would be nice, but again, would Ada be able to do that well?

Let me go through my Jack images and get back to you...

I have no interest in Donna whatsoever. I feel she's the worst, most annoying sidekick ever. Jack does interest me. I am worried about the sculpts though. Three of her latest have been too small. Those being Burke, Sawyer and Milla Jovovich. She is supposedly correcting Burke, no word yet on the other two.
You would think after all the heads she's done, the basic scale would be simple. Right on her site, the picture of teh Sawyer head shows a height from chin to top of head of 42mm, its really only 35mm. Thats a HUGE difference in the 1:6 scale world.
Anyway, done ranting, I'm in for Jack (or any of the other Torchwood team), but I'll pass on Donna.

Interesting to know because I ordered (and am still waiting on) Milla. Hopefully it's because she's correcting her.

The size on all of the heads I've commissioned/ordered from her so far have been right on, with no problems.

How did the Sawyer head end up smaller if she showed it next to a tape measure, a casting snafu or something? Odd.

I'm out $75.00 because of Ada's tiny heads: Sawyer, Mal and Anakin were also too small. I can't buy anymore from her until I see the head next to one of her heads that I already own, like the Winchester boys. She doesn't take returns and she won't even acknowledge she made them small.

I'll pass on Jack and Donna, but LMK if you get around to The Master (Saxon).

Oh dear, that doesn't sound fair.

Advice worth taking on board though. Maybe you should ask her to put them up against any future finished heads too.

I'd be on the fence about Jack, probably not interested in Donna (though I did quite like the character), and here's an idea: how about a better Tenth Doctor sculpt than the CO version? the trouble with that version was that the Doctor is always smiling, grinning, shouting -- but the CO sculpt is scowling as if he is constipated. It might more or less resemble the actor, but didn't capture the character very well...

and I agree, we need to be careful of tiny head syndrome.

I'm out $75.00 because of Ada's tiny heads: Sawyer, Mal and Anakin were also too small. She doesn't take returns and she won't even acknowledge she made them small.
(Saxon).

Thats Ada :) I commissioned one of the first heads she did. I had to argue a bit to get her to make it the size I requested (2 inches to 2 1/4 inches form bottom of neck to top of head).. She keep insisting those tiny heads were the correct size. I suggest you file a Paypal dispute since they are not the size her pictures showed they were.

Last edited:
I have no problem asking Ada to take a picture of any finished head she makes us and asking her to take a picture of it next to another head of hers we know is the correct size so we don't EVER have that problem.
I think it would be a smart idea, actually (even though i haven't experienced that problem with a commission from her yet).

Also, you guys keep giving those shout outs to who else you'd like see made in the next round like you are. It only takes 10 interested people to get a head made. The Simms Master has 2 so far!

As far a new Tennant head goes, I have to admit I want a version of him with his spikey hair Mohawked like in Smith and Jones, which still makes me laugh my butt off when I see him with his hair like that. :)

I'd be interested in a Simm Master to. Although I think he would be a hard one to capture a good likeness of somehow.

Count me most definitely OUT of any commissions for a John Simm version of The Master and a David Tennant sculpt.
One played the least convincing evil genius in TV history and in all probability had Roger Delgado and Anthony Ainley turning in their graves and the other is the most one dimensional,charisma-less Doctor of the lot and a major factor in why the show has sucked so much over the last 2 series.
I would like the following Nu-Who sculpts though,

Sarah Jane Smith
Ida Scott from "The Impossible Planet/Satan Pit"
Security Officer Jefferson from "The Impossible Planet/Satan Pit"
Zachary Cross Flane from "The Impossible Planet/Satan Pit"
Henry Van Statten from "Dalek"
Martha Jones (with hair down)

i was thinking about asking her to do the most famous time lord of all....no not the doctor...but rassilon himself! :D id certainly be up for one screen caps from the five doctors could be used...if that doesnt work then maybe borusa with the coronet of rassilon on his head?

Back