Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL

All the good reviews has piqued my interest.

My interest in COD multiplayer died the moment i picked up BC2, it was like i was blind but now i could see, like this whole 'nother level of better online FPSing was there but i never knew.

Looking forward to the single player on MW3 though, not enough to buy it, but i'll borrow it for sure.

My interest in COD multiplayer died the moment i picked up BC2, it was like i was blind but now i could see, like this whole 'nother level of better online FPSing was there but i never knew.

Looking forward to the single player on MW3 though, not enough to buy it, but i'll borrow it for sure.

Yes! I might dabble in multiple player but I want to play the campaign; overall, all COD campaigns are very memorable in some respect and they never disappoint.

To your new found sight; when I started MW then MW2 shortly after Battlefield 2; I was like ... "This game would be perfect ... if it had vehicles!"

Get the review up bro.
I thought you retired or sumthing.

being playing since 1am last nite after the midnight launch.
I will have the video soon.

my dam comp monitor died on me today.
The launch last nite at best buy was such a good time.
It wil be up tomorrow.

ok !!! This is the best CALL OF DUTY ever made.
OMG !! the campain was epic.

I just beat it.
Unreal the graphics on this game.
10/10 FOR ME !

The multiplayer is just what i wanted.
got my M4 red dot scope already and kicking ass.

last round 33-4 lol
OWED.

is time to trow away black ops in the garbage.. I did long time ago.
MW3 FTW.

such an epic day for video games.
DSC03874.jpg

I bought both last night, xbox 4 me ps3 4 my son, we all know xbox is way better in just about every area, go with xbox

This is the first time I've ever bought COD on Xbox. I've always had Ps3's but after my 3rd Ps3 died the yellow light death. I thought it was time to convert & I'm glad I did, shame it took all these years for me to do so.

Interesting comment from CVG about many of the reviews...

"After reading some of these reviews the term "same again" keeps springing to mind.

An example from Eurogamer

Either way, Modern Warfare 3 is exactly the game you expect. It's conservative in every sense of the word, a paean to military superiority which never ventures far beyond gameplay parameters that were set in stone in 2007.

again Eurogamer

If there's an element of the COD template that feels the most shopworn, it's the corridor construction. The game still veers sharply between astonishing "woah" moments and protracted head-banging checkpoints where constantly spawning enemies keep you pinned down as AI allies dither and dawdle, providing no assistance whatsoever until you inch past the invisible line that moves everything forwards.

Gamestop

This is an exciting and rewarding game, but the series' signature thrills have lost some of their luster. Modern Warfare 3 iterates rather than innovates, so the fun you have is familiar.

Joystiq

Modern Warfare 3's campaign does little to reinvent the wheel which propels the series' single-player fiction.

Modern Warfare 3 is a great Call of Duty game, just as every other entry in the franchise is a great Call of Duty game. However, it shares more than quality with its predecessors – it, like its forefathers, leaves you waiting for something perfect.

These are the sites that have marked it lower than the others and these are also the bugbears that people have with the series. So if your still on the fence i'd suggest reading theses reviews before all others."

So looks like it is a good game, just too much like the previous games already paid for by the fans.

This is the first time I've ever bought COD on Xbox. I've always had Ps3's but after my 3rd Ps3 died the yellow light death. I thought it was time to convert & I'm glad I did, shame it took all these years for me to do so.

Same here only with the 360 getting the RROD and me thinking why hadn't i got a PS3 earlier.

Reviews for this look pretty solid. X-Play gave it a 5/5 ... higher than BF3. I tend to play for single-player, and it is almost unanimous that the COD campaign is better than BF3.

I've done some of the single-player for MW1, MW2 and BOps. Never done multi, but I just hooked my PS3 up to the internet for Arkham City. Maybe I'll give MP a shot this time around.

SnakeDoc

Yep it's the same ____ing game. Whoopty do. Everyone should've known this.

No people don't know that, otherwise it wouldn't be called MW3, you see the three denotes a change/improvement with new gameplay mechanics, that's what a sequel is supposed to offer. Apparently there isn't enough change worthy of it be called MW3, more accurate would be MW2+

This is going by what i've read anyways, still waiting to borrow this.

Last edited:
Yeah, you'd think that. But no. No it doesn't. It was never going to be differently because this game exists for people who want to pick up, and play without having to re-learn everything.

It's the same old ____. And that's why I love it. I dont have to worry about anything so drasticly different that it makes playing it poor.

I love how the first two levels of the game is set where I work at which is near Wall St. I can see the building where I work at getting destroyed by Russians in this game...LOL

Spent a while with the campaign. Its the same ol tricks, but they still work. Rollercoaster ride that IW always does brilliantly. As far as short, scripted campaigns go, they are masters and even after so many of them,i can still enjoy them. I doubt ill be replaying this one much, but its still well worth the time to play through it once. Much stronger than BFs campaign and so far, a lot better than Black Ops campaign too.

Still havent tried Survival yet, but that should be interesting. Its really the only new thing about this game IMO, so hopefully its fun.

Yeah, you'd think that. But no. No it doesn't. It was never going to be differently because this game exists for people who want to pick up, and play without having to re-learn everything.

It's the same old ____. And that's why I love it. I dont have to worry about anything so drasticly different that it makes playing it poor.

Hes referring to the average gamer that doesnt look things up before hand and doesnt follow things too much on the net. They just see MW3 and say, "hey, that should be sweet!" Those guys are legion and they'll probably be a little surprised by how little things have changed.You and I knew exactly what we were getting, but not everyone does.

being playing since 1am last nite after the midnight launch.
I will have the video soon.

my dam comp monitor died on me today.
The launch last nite at best buy was such a good time.
It wil be up tomorrow.

ok !!! This is the best CALL OF DUTY ever made.
OMG !! the campain was epic.

I just beat it.
Unreal the graphics on this game.
10/10 FOR ME !

The multiplayer is just what i wanted.
got my M4 red dot scope already and kicking ass.

last round 33-4 lol
OWED.

is time to trow away black ops in the garbage.. I did long time ago.
MW3 FTW.

such an epic day for video games.
DSC03874.jpg

Dualshock3 or mouse? :)

Not liking MP too much. Although I almost had 50 kills one of my games, really don't like the maps yet. Seem too big and too much to cover. And no Claymores yet. Feels like free for all, always gotta watch ur back.

MultiPlayer is crazy. Never a dull moment! Downturn is one of the best maps I've ver played on any online game, love it.

The single player was really good and fun loved the story and the mutiplayeris really fun so far. I really love the kill confirmed and survival ops.

Not liking MP too much. Although I almost had 50 kills one of my games, really don't like the maps yet. Seem too big and too much to cover. And no Claymores yet. Feels like free for all, always gotta watch ur back.

thats an interesting perspective. They seem pretty small to me. Thats why youve always gotta "watch your back" Cause the enemy is always right next to you in that phone booth.

IS it worth it to upgrade to elite status I just have the basic features right now and its having problems connecting sometimes maybbe cause its the first week anyone else having trouble with elite.

Back