Bumblebee Spin off Movie: 2018

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope we get more than a passing flashback sequence to see pseudo-G1 designs. If that's the standard for these movies moving forward, then I'm going to have to see them even if they are as atrocious as the prior ones were from a writing, acting, and directing standpoint.

I remember watching the 86 flick. I was in absolute horror. Not at the deaths. But that the Autobots and Decepticons were being replaced with horrible looking G2 designs.....
giphy.gif

I like the overall look of the Transformers in this trailer. You can actually identify one from the next in it. I hope the movie is good because this is more of what I think us old time fans want to see. Cool seeing Shockwave and Soundwave launching Ravage was impressive.

Remember people said those designs could t work on screen?

Imagine if this is what we got in 2007

i just saw the director has directed some animated films ,, i always loved the animated films that came out in the last 20 years since Toy Story and was wondering why none of the people associated with these mega hits never got a chance to make a superhero movies, why they always went for hyper realistic stuff instead of going for good story content that just hit the right spots like all the beautiful animation movies that have come out and been blockbusters

Why the hell didn't they lead off with those 10 years ago.

I can give you 50 reason’s. But right now I’m gonna say that the 80s nostalgia is big right now so all of sudden they want to cater to that and I’m glad that are. I hope this film retcons micheal bay films and they get buried in the ground never to be spoke of again .

That looks great, i want these guys to fix Ninja Turtles next..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The director of bumblebee is actually giving fans what they want more or less, where Bay was determine to shove his vision down everyone's throat... Similar with DC and Lucasfilms, they're not giving fans what they want and they're running into problems as their movies are making less and less money..

I have the original trilogy, i stopped watching after DotM. Which i didn't even like that much. The trailer looked decent though i feel like plot wise all they did was swap out shia's character for a female version. I cant' really tell what the transformers themselves are fighting about it.

The director of bumblebee is actually giving fans what they want more or less, where Bay was determine to shove his vision down everyone's throat... Similar with DC and Lucasfilms, they're not giving fans what they want and they're running into problems as their movies are making less and less money..

I love how everyone points the finger at Bay but no one says boo about the studio who not only approved it but paid for it to happen.

i just saw the director has directed some animated films ,, i always loved the animated films that came out in the last 20 years since Toy Story and was wondering why none of the people associated with these mega hits never got a chance to make a superhero movies, why they always went for hyper realistic stuff instead of going for good story content that just hit the right spots like all the beautiful animation movies that have come out and been blockbusters

I know one case where an animation director tried their hand at a live action adaptation and that was John Carter of Mars and that didn't go to well. Also Brad Bird (writer director of Iron Giant and The Incredibles) tried his hand at 2 live action movies, Mission Impossible 4 and Tomorrowland and he went 1 for 2 then he went back to animation. It doesn't always work out.

This could be good. The g1 cybertron designs are a tad odd but who knows. My biggest concerns are Cena and having Bee not actually talk again. I mean wtf.

I always felt the first movie of the 'trilogy' was going for more realistic Transformers (we've read to death about how shrinking cassette decks and guns wouldn't work for live action movies not designed for 10 year olds) .. Bay almost got there with the small cast of big hulking war machine Decepticons and much smaller and nimbler Autobots who relied on speed and teamwork to defy the odds. (the scale was still off when you consider the size of an actual F-22 vs cars and trucks, but what can you do? you can't leave out Starscream)

Shame that from the sequel onwards they reduced the Deceps to mindless drones to act as Autobot fodder, and the only good parts of the movies were the scenes with Prime or Bumblebee laying the smack down on someone..

Just got back from seeing Bumblebee. It was Good! The opening scene on Cybertron had me losing my ****. Also a great choice of 80s music thru out the movie. I'd def watch it again.

I can die happy knowing we got a Bumblebee movie....

Netflix .....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back