Buffy the Animated Series Reel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sure? Giles maybe, but the rest didn't even sound close. I know that was the intention for the show, but I doubt they went to the trouble for the demo.

Yes, it's plain as day and also the info is posted on the YouTube clip if you click "More Info"...

Subscribe
Unsubscribe
Videos: 1
Want to Subscribe?
Sign in to YouTube now!
Sign in with your Google Account!
Added: August 01, 2008 (More info)
A short Promo episode of what would have been t...
Added: August 01, 2008 (Less info)
A short Promo episode of what would have been the Animated Series of Buffy.

Voice Cast:
Giselle Loren as 'Buffy Summers'
Alyson Hannigan as 'Willow Rosenberg'
Nicholas Brendon as 'Xander Harris'
Anthony Stewart Head as 'Rupert Giles'
Charisma Carpenter as 'Cordelia Chase'
Michelle Trachtenberg as 'Dawn Summers'
Kristine Sutherland as 'Joyce Summers'
Armin Shimerman as 'Principal Snyder'
David Boreanaz as 'Angel'

Facts:
* Sarah Michelle Gellar was not interested in returning to the role, since she was busy, she had not seen a script, and she was afraid of jumping the shark.
* Giselle Loren had already voiced 'Buffy Summers' for the Buffy video games, Buffy (Xbox) and Chaos Bleeds.

everyone else sounds great but Giselle just doesn't capture Buffy's sarcastic play or mannerisms very well-comes of way to anime-ish. They need a younger person to do Buffy.

upon watching it again, i think the dialogue is too close together. There's no pauses between sentences, so it sounds like they're all jumbled together.

And to the voice actors, i think there is a severe difference in a television actor and a dialogue actor. Giselle did a great job, but Alyson and Nicky, coulda been better. I think they just didn't seem animated enough to me.

The reel was never intended to represent an actual scene from the proposed series. It was intended to put as many examples of the animation style and character "development" as possible in 3 1/2 minutes. It will, therefore, seem cramped and somewhat over-the-top to a degree.

Man, I really wish this had been made.

The reel was never intended to represent an actual scene from the proposed series. It was intended to put as many examples of the animation style and character "development" as possible in 3 1/2 minutes. It will, therefore, seem cramped and somewhat over-the-top to a degree.

Man, I really wish this had been made.

Exactly. It was just a "demo"

You sure? Giles maybe, but the rest didn't even sound close. I know that was the intention for the show, but I doubt they went to the trouble for the demo.

Xander and Giles were definately Nicholas Brenden and Anthony Stewart Head respectively. One minute Willow sounded like Alison the next not so much. Buffy was terrible, glad I missed that videogame. The whole thing does sound rushed though. I would like to see more.

Regarding the voice actors and the quality of the animation, here's an except from an interview with Jeph Loeb:

Well, back in the day we made this 3 minutes which by the way I've seen - it's incredibly crude. It has not been polished in any way shape or form. But there's something very cool about it and the fact that Alyson and Nicholas and Anthony all did their own voices. And the woman who does Buffy's voice on the video game sounds so much like Sarah it's freaky. Even more freaky is when you're standing in the sound booth and you're looking at her and Sarah's voice is coming out of her, it's the most bizarre thing in the world.

Here's a link to the entire transcript — WARNING! Minor spoilers for Buffy #20!

Jeph Loeb talks "After These Messages."

the more and more i watch it, the more and more I am kinda peaved it didn't make it to the small screen.

Back