Buffy the Animated Series Reel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankenFan

Abnormal Brain
Reaction score
Posted at Whedonesque.com:

Buffy the Animated Series Presentation Reel!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/mnUvZP7-5LM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/mnUvZP7-5LM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm assuming this is the old one that was never actually produced.

Damn, I wish it sucked so I didn't wish they made it.

Looks good but those voices were pretty horrible. Too bad this didn't go anywhere.

Man, I wish there was an animated show so we'd get more Buffy. :monkey2

I started watching Angel season 5 again today and just finished the first disc. Man I love the Whedonverse.

I'm not wild about the combat scenes (WAY over the top) and the changes to the library, but I like everything else. It's too bad that no one was interested in backing this animated series. I was really looking forward to it. Maybe it will rise from the dead one day.

Last edited:
Actually, since these weren't the real voices from the actors of the live-action series of the same name, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Nicholas Brendan (sp?), Alyson Hannigan, and Anthony Stewart Head, I thought they chose voice actors that mimicked their voices did a nice job. The animation was very cool, and while it isn't the library, it's pretty close. The only exception being the table.

While I thank FrankenFan for posting this and bringing this to our attention, I am somewhat disappointed I saw it, because from that short 3 minute clip, I saw a lot of potential for what would have made a cool animated series. Now I want this to come to fruition. Darn you FrankenFan! :monkey2

Meh. I have a feeling I would've found some of that dialogue amusing on the live-action show but somehow in animated form it doesn't have the same crackle.

Actually my memory has come back, mostly because someone reminded me.. there is a reason why they all sound like the real actors, because it is them. The only character which doesn't use its original live action counterpart's voice is Buffy.. it's not SMG, but the lady who voiced Buffy in Chaos Bleeds, which was a game for the PS2 and the original XBOX.

Actually my memory has come back, mostly because someone reminded me.. there is a reason why they all sound like the real actors, because it is them. The only character which doesn't use its original live action counterpart's voice is Buffy.. it's not SMG, but the lady who voiced Buffy in Chaos Bleeds, which was a game for the PS2 and the original XBOX.
yes. you are correct oh great one. i dont know if these are the same voices, this is just a teaser afterall. but if the cartoon would have happened i heard it would have been all the original voices minus SMG cuz she had to pick between this and a career of endless scobby doo sequels.

yes. you are correct oh great one. i dont know if these are the same voices, this is just a teaser afterall. but if the cartoon would have happened i heard it would have been all the original voices minus SMG cuz she had to pick between this and a career of endless scobby doo sequels.

Ah but there is your error my friend!! Apparently the Scooby train has derailed and she is left with Japanese horror genre. And Freddie doesn't seem to be the big box office draw either so one of them will need a steady paycheck at some point.

DUDE! I have been waiting to see this! I wish we got at least an entire episode. I would say my major peeve with it is the way Buffy looked. Her chin and neck seemed way too thick. Although I do love her one liners. 'Okay admit it, you were impressed.'

Wow. How great would watching that Saturday mornings have been?

I'm grateful for the comics, though. Really starting to get into them, even though the month-long wait for what's turning out to be 1/4 of an episode is tortuous.

Back