Borderlands 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long Borderlands day - got my Gunzerker to Level 50, beat Teramorpous (SP?), and started the new class - level 15 already and having fun with her

Last edited:
6225387177_084500e784_b.jpg

I SO wanna make one of these

Mordecai was my favorite in BL1 and I just killed Bloodwing... I've never hated Jack more.

Mordecai was my favorite in BL1 and I just killed Bloodwing... I've never hated Jack more.

Just finished that part. . . really turned up the heat in the game. I was definitely feeling BL2 was a bit more story-driven than the first game, and this development was really a turning point. Jack went from that nuisance that was always taunting you to really understanding that he was a bad dude.

I agree. I also think the original 4 are essential, too, as well as Jack. And I'd really like Hammerlock, but that should only come after the others.

I'm loving this game. Got my Commando to level 40. True Vault hunter mode is awesome, tuffer enemies, stronger better guns, Like the my Hyperion shotguns and Dahl assault rifles.

Recent accomplishments - got Mordecai's Slag Sniper rifle, blew up Dave, shot some guy in the face who told me to shoot him in the face. Good times.

Though, I like Mordecai's Slag Sniper, I hate burst fire while zoomed on a sniper. I'm probably going to go back to a high-damage output Jakobs.

shot some guy in the face who told me to shoot him in the face.

OMG, that part was so funny.

I have to say, even though this game is much tougher than the first, I'm enjoying it much more. I think a lot of it has to do with the environments, they are just so much more detailed

It's actually funny. When I saw the guy with the "shoot me in the face" quest, I thought it would be something different entirely. He was across this ridge and I could see him jumping up and down talking about shooting someone particularly in the face. So, I thought "simple assassin mission", right. I go over to talk to him and all he wants me to do is shoot him the face. I see the quest pop-up and everything, so I'm like looking around the terrain, looking over the guy, trying to figure out what the catch is. Does he turn into a Goliath? Am I going to get jumped from somewhere else? So, I hold my breath and blast him in the face with a shotgun (Moxxi's shotgun, actually). That's it. Quest over.

Reminds me of the Claptrap birthday quest, where you have to give him a high-five. I must have been sitting there for like 5-10 minutes trying to figure how to give him a high-five before I realized it's just a melee attack. It goes to show that sometimes I over-think things.

You guys guess what! I bought the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 ti card from Best Buy. I was expecting Borderlands 2 to be included, but when I called them they said Best Buy was not participating in the promotion. :monkey2 that was last month

But now i just got an email and they sent me the code! :panic::horror:yess:

Gratz Centrocal. Personally my Game of the year so far, only Halo 4 might be a competitor *g*

Just pushed thru Opportunity for the first time running the main and a couple side missions. That place is tougher than I expected given the layout of buildings and floors - objectives get harder to find on three tiers. I also went in Fire weapon heavy, so half of my attacks had to be adjusted.

Maybe this weekend, I'll make a big push to wrap up the game, then do some side quests, so I'm clear for Halo 4.

Was alittle bored by the "Where Angels Fear..." quest. Felt predicatable and too cinematic. Plus, I kind of feel like at this point we should going on an assassin run to kill Jack. Forget the Warrior, kill Jack already.

Still not finding great Assualt Rifles. I have lots of options for Pistols, SMG, and Snipers, but the best I have is a Vladof spin-gun that really takes to long to get going.

"Getting to Know Jack" quest netted me a very slick Vladof Acid Sniper with zoomed burst fire. The only problem is even maxed out on SDUs, I still don't have enough Sniper ammo. My SMG ammo is 1k+, but for Sniper rounds, I'm capped at 108 (or it might be 120). Upped my Pistol to a Maliwan Shock and I still have a base SMG. Moxxi's Shotgun is still my go-to, but I also have a Tediore that seems like it might work. I just can't stand Tediores...

Just finished the first play thru. Pretty good ending battle, I just wish Mordecai ad Brick made it to the end fight and didn't just disappear 1/3 of the way in. Claptrap stole the show at the gates.

The best part was I had just finished the Hyperion bandit killing quest and was awarded a new Sniper Rifle. I hadn't had a chance to test dirve it, so I though I would during the gate battle. It was hilarious. I'm affectionately calling the rifle "The Ex-Wife" because she is priceless. Throughout the battle I'm cursing all the War Loaders that are dropping in and then laughing my @$$ off everytime my rifle tells me that they come from a "broken home". What a time to choose to run that gun.

Generally, though I did find it too easy to run thru the level and just get to the Warrior. I tried to fight it out at first, but once I lost Mordecai and Brick, I just dashed past most of it, stopping only to take on the heavies. Jack was moderately easy, since so many of his doubles make for good Second Wind fodder. The Warrior was boring as hell. You get to the high ground area where he first spawns and just light him up. He never attacks you, it's just the one lone Volcanic Crystalisk and maybe the occasional Volcanic Rakk (How freaking annoying was it to have infinite spawning Rakks in a boss fight? Of all the creatures, they choose that one), which can dropped easy enough. The loot was pretty decent, but this means I completed the entire game (save about eight side quests) and only got one Legendary weapon. And that was early on in the game - Slippery Kerblaster, which became useless after awhile.

Overall, I like this one alittle better than Borderlands 1, but I think it still had some negative points. I'll probably do another playthrough with another class rather than go thru playthrough two.

I'd definitely recommend new game +. The enemies are tougher, you see a decent number of unique enemies, different enemy arrangements, you get better loot and of course, you can keep improving your character.

Back