Boba Fett Customizations/Modifications: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pic! It seems the collar armor is hit or miss...I've seen some that look great and others that obviously need some attention.

Thanks for posting, DocEyes. I was hoping all one had to do was trim the plastic backing, but it looks like heating and bending is necessary as well.

Wasn't it Darklord Dave who posted that using a hair dryer can cause the armor plate to mess up? I'm a little confused. Hair dryer or hot water??

At this point I think I'll go with bending the plate and maby lightly trimming the backer... The scalps look just fine after a water treatment.

I know not everyone likes to mod their figures but these are really minor fixes as far as effort is concerned and they seem to make all the difference. Like GB said, his went from a 9.5 to a 10. Everyone is allowed their own opinion, of course, but the belly aching and complaints over the first couple photos of Boba were silly.

I'm also wondering how big a difference can be made from adjusting everything while tightening the screws at the back... It seems like there's some room for improvement there too.

Care of Billy Ray:

IMG_0799.jpg

So if you futz the possition of the vest while tightening the screws it should/could impact the way the vest fits.

I'm also wondering how big a difference can be made from adjusting everything while tightening the screws at the back... It seems like there's some room for improvement there too.

It does help. When I put mine back together, I attached the velcro at the top and pulled tight/overlapped it at the bottom. Then I tightened the screws which held the vest where I wanted it.

Care of Billy Ray:

IMG_0799.jpg

So if you futz the possition of the vest while tightening the screws it should/could impact the way the vest fits.
So doing that will better separate the chest plates from the shoulder plate? Or this is just for overall fit?

It does help. When I put mine back together, I attached the velcro at the top and pulled tight/overlapped it at the bottom. Then I tightened the screws which held the vest where I wanted it.

Ah! Not sure if you posted that before but I'm really happy to hear that it's yet another way of fine tuning Boba. :rock

So doing that will better separate the chest plates from the shoulder plate? Or this is just for overall fit?

It might be, but I think that issue has been unique to Billy's Boba as I've not seen it on any others... Still, it might help him to try.

Overall fit. As I mentioned earlier the collar overlapping the chest armor is something I still have to fix. I plan on using a dremel to adjust the screw holes on the back armor so I can lower it slightly and that should raise the collar armor enough.

It might be, but I think that issue has been unique to Billy's Boba as I've not seen it on any others... Still, it might help him to try.
Boba's at my LCS, so looking forward to getting as much info as possible and fixing him up over the weekend. Pretty sure I'll stick with trimming the plastic and heating of the ab plate but might fiddle some more if the plates overlap. Thanks again, everyone for posting info on this.

Overall fit. As I mentioned earlier the collar overlapping the chest armor is something I still have to fix. I plan on using a dremel to adjust the screw holes on the back armor so I can lower it slightly and that should raise the collar armor enough.
Cool, looking forward to seeing that mod. Figure is almost perfect with the existing fixes but would be nice to get a little more seperation of those plates.

Ah! Not sure if you posted that before but I'm really happy to hear that it's yet another way of fine tuning Boba. :rock

Boba's at my LCS, so looking forward to getting as much info as possible and fixing him up over the weekend. Pretty sure I'll stick with trimming the plastic and heating of the ab plate but might fiddle some more if the plates overlap. Thanks again, everyone for posting info on this.

Cool, looking forward to seeing that mod. Figure is almost perfect with the existing fixes but would be nice to get a little more seperation of those plates.

I'm having a blast working on Boba - it's really addictive. I'm sitting at work right now and different ideas keep popping in my head. I can't wait to get him on the operating (kitchen) table again. I plan on taking some pics the next time I work on him. I hope to have some time this weekend, but it's our 10th Anniversary and I don't know how thrilled the wife will be with "the little Boba workshop" set up. :lol

Back