Boba Fett Customizations/Modifications: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
has anyone just cut the plastic and not used water? Curious how that will work. Sounds like water is going to be the best mod so far.

I was thinking about doing that... I think the water treatment will mostly take care of it. But I think getting the strands to unravel a bit more will help a bit.

:lecture True!

I'm thinking of leaving the back, clear plastic on the interior vest, but cutting it along the armor plates, so basically the interior clear plastic will look like the green armor. Then I'm heating that abdomen plate and curving that sucker!
But, I'm getting mine from my local shop so.... :impatient:

Can I watch?:lol

Has anyone tried taking a small wire brush and combing it through the ends of the scalps? It might break up the strand's end and soften the fibers so they don't look like unraveled string.

Just an idea.

Not a bad idea... Worth a shot, for sure...

Also, has anyone else read that those are not Wookie but Padawan braids? A part of me kinda likes that. :lol

the only thing about Billy Ray's mod is that the top 2 chest plates contact his shoulder armor, and I would like to avoid that. Otherwise, that one looks great. I'm not much of a modder, so I'm getting nervous.

Has anyone used a hair dryer instead of water? I always have used a hair dryer in past, with excellent results. Always figured Fett had strands of Bantha pubs hanging off his shoulder myself

Not a bad idea... Worth a shot, for sure...

Also, has anyone else read that those are not Wookie but Padawan braids? A part of me kinda likes that. :lol

I have read that! but i can't remember where. Boba hunts for jedis and padawans all over the galaxy, after what they do with his father, and collects the padawan braids... I like that a lot more too.

the only thing about Billy Ray's mod is that the top 2 chest plates contact his shoulder armor, and I would like to avoid that. Otherwise, that one looks great. I'm not much of a modder, so I'm getting nervous.

That's not a result of the mod though, it was like that out of the box:

IMG_0794.jpg

I have considered putting some padding under the chest to puch out the chest plates a bit, but honestly it doesn't bother me that much.

Is the plastic under the vest held on by metal or plastic rivots?

Also, the screws on the back...is that rust or paint (in the pic below)?!?

IMG_0803.jpg

That's my pic. In hand, they look more like scorch marks. Don't think it's rust, the screws aren't rusty.

Has anyone tried taking a small wire brush and combing it through the ends of the scalps? It might break up the strand's end and soften the fibers so they don't look like unraveled string.

Just an idea.

I just dipped the ends of the scalps in water, soaked 'em real good, then squeezed out the water with my fingers and let them dry:

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

I did the hot water mod on mine and then water treated the braids and brushed through the ends with a wire brush. Overall it all worked out well and Boba when from a 9.5 right up to a 10 :rock

bbr-2.jpg

:lecture EXCELLENT!
These modded Boba Fetts look fantastic! THANKS for all the pics and info guys!:hi5:

Amazing mods guys, thanks for sharing your pictures. Im very happy with how it looks now, cant wait to have mine on hand

I was happy with Fett out of the box (except for the collar armor overlapping the chest pieces a little) but the mods are so easy I couldn't resist. Here's what I've done so far:

- Used a hair dryer on low to give a little curve to the stomach armor

- pulled the vest tighter in back at the bottom

- twisted the the ends of the braids - looks fine IMO. I was originally going to try combing them out with a wire brush. But after experimenting a little - all it really did was start to separate and pull apart the micro-fibers.

BOBAFETTSSC018.jpg

I still need to fix the back/collar armor. I think I'm going to use a dremel to adjust the screw holes on the back armor so I can lower it slightly and that should raise the collar armor enough.
While I have him apart I'll probably trim the plastic a little and that will be it.

I for one enjoy doing this kind of stuff so I don't mind it at all. Plus I feel that it kind of makes more your own.

Last edited:
Back