Boba Fett Customizations/Modifications: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you think the the height of the rivets affects the fit of the vest at all? i was wondering if after removing the plastic as you did and grinding them down more and re-melting them to sit lower would be worth trying?

A few a mine had some "play" to them and I had to re-melt them to get a closer fit.

Here you go....

DSC05891749x1000.jpg

DSC05889800x757.jpg

I also tightened the velcro on the vest when I put the back screws back in.

You've got some of the best chest panel placement also, what caused that? Or did it come with the panels spaced so well?

You've got some of the best chest panel placement also, what caused that? Or did it come with the panels spaced so well?

I did kind of bend/play with the panels when they were heated up, but didnt really do to much. I wanted to get the concave look out of the middle.

Maybe Im just lucky? :D

Here's my pic. I cut it all off, just leaving some around the rivets. I find it's also eliminated the concave look I was noticing with the chest armour pieces. Anyway, here's my handy work. View attachment 48746

Really? So it eliminated some of the sucked in look of the chest? I was a little worried it would do the opposite... So does it help for poseability?

I went ahead and did my shot at the mod...first pic is out of the box..

IMG_1967.jpg

then I went ahead and trimmed off some excess plastic from the vest and left area for shifts and movement...

IMG_1968.jpg

Then I heated it with a heat gun...I did get a little warping on the lower ab plate like a few others who did the water method but I got it to bend the way i wanted and it doesn't bother me...turned out alot better than out of box

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

Really? So it eliminated some of the sucked in look of the chest? I was a little worried it would do the opposite... So does it help for poseability?

Well, it definitely makes the vest more pliable. I found there was still alot of rigidity until I had cut everything away but the pieces around the rivets. It wasn't until I did that that the chest relaxed. I can turn his upper body now with the vest staying much closer to the body.

I just don't wanna accidentlly cuts through the vest if I were to use an exacto or something to that effect.

If you cut reasonably close to the rivets (give 'em some room to breathe, though...close but not too close), I'd assume that any accidental cuts through the vest would be invisible on the outside...being covered by the armor panels n' all.

But yeah, [ame="https://www.amazon.com/X-ACTO-Knife-Cap-Silver-X3602/dp/B000V1QV7O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342050758&sr=8-1&keywords=x-acto"]buy yourself an X-Acto[/ame] or something. They're cheap enough.

EDIT: DocEyes also has a great solution. Tiny-@$$ scissors! :lol

I've got a pair of really small scissors on my multi-tool that I'll try out once I get him to see if they'll cut through. I'd rather take a while and get it perfect than rush through it and ____ up.

Back