Boba Fett Customizations/Modifications: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a few on ebay and I hope you don't mind me asking. I see a couple of these TT bodies already have the wrist pegs attached to the forearms. Is it possible to just insert the SS Fett hands?

Thanks.

Hi, yeh a lot come with the wrist pegs, and the boba fett hands when pulled out from the SSC wrist joint just slot into the TT wrist joint. You can also cut short the ssc pegs so the ssc joint can fit into the tt body, but that sometimes breaks the joint as the plastic is brittle so I'd advise the tt pegs unless you are being thrifty.

Hi, yeh a lot come with the wrist pegs, and the boba fett hands when pulled out from the SSC wrist joint just slot into the TT wrist joint. You can also cut short the ssc pegs so the ssc joint can fit into the tt body, but that sometimes breaks the joint as the plastic is brittle so I'd advise the tt pegs unless you are being thrifty.

Thanks Mortifactor. :)

I might have to look for HT TT body w/the pegs connected to the forearms instead. I rather be safe than sorry...:monkey1

If you can't find 1, the wrist pegs from a tt body are usually quite cheap from sites like toy anxiety etc, maybe not even more than a dollar each

Thanks Mortifactor. :)

I might have to look for HT TT body w/the pegs connected to the forearms instead. I rather be safe than sorry...:monkey1

If you plan on using the Sideshow Boba hands, Shockwave, on that slim TT, you'd be better off with the Sideshow wrist pegs that come with it. The ball joint on that TT peg will not only need to be painted grey to match Boba's gloves, but it will look too small & not fit very well.

Also, with the Sideshow peg, you can allow for any extra length necessary to make that gauntlet fit onto the TT forearm. From the looks of it, those gauntlets were designed to go with the stubby, narrow forearms on that Boba Pro, so you'll need an extra 1/8" or so in that wrist joint to make it look right.

If you plan on using the Sideshow Boba hands, Shockwave, on that slim TT, you'd be better off with the Sideshow wrist pegs that come with it. The ball joint on that TT peg will not only need to be painted grey to match Boba's gloves, but it will look too small & not fit very well.

Also, with the Sideshow peg, you can allow for any extra length necessary to make that gauntlet fit onto the TT forearm. From the looks of it, those gauntlets were designed to go with the stubby, narrow forearms on that Boba Pro, so you'll need an extra 1/8" or so in that wrist joint to make it look right.

Well as you suggested before I did some trimming to the SS Fett wrist pegs this afternoon. And it looks pretty good on the HT Batman TT body. I will try to post pics sometime this week.

Thanks again PJB-1138 :duff

Regarding the Boba / slim switch. Do the forearms play a big role in the fit / look of the modified Boba? I'm just wondering if I should be really trying for a Sparrow or plain slim, as opposed to Red Skull, with the thicker forearms.

The arms are tight on a normal tt slim, the narrow arms on the red skull body will need filed I reckon. Mine is on a sparrow and everything fits unmodded, the gauntlets cover the skin colour wrist pegs anyway, but use the ssc ones if you can shorten them without them snapping (mine snapped right away as brittle plastic)

I'd recommend searching for a sparrow body - theyre usually cheaper as the figure had more accessories to part out and therefore body isnt as much as red skull who was accessory light and body/head sculpt prices are raised to recoup part-out cost, you'd also need a neck post and i'm not sure if the tt slim will accept an ssc neck post

The sparrow body arms won't need sanded (its a squeeze though, just use tweezers to move the jump suit through the gauntlet then push gauntlet on) and the sculpted neck is just fine, unlike other figures where that extra point of movement can add more expression.

For switching the head to the body, I'd recommend butchering your boba ssc neck post to get the little double ball peg out (just hack saw it open) and that plugs right into the tt slim neck area. I recommend this as I found no other neck ball plug would fit as well as Boba's own, even if it looked the same size others, they all seemed a bit too big and the head popped off from pressure, might be diff for others though.

The arms are tight on a normal tt slim, the narrow arms on the red skull body will need filed I reckon. Mine is on a sparrow and everything fits unmodded, the gauntlets cover the skin colour wrist pegs anyway, but use the ssc ones if you can shorten them without them snapping (mine snapped right away as brittle plastic)

I'd recommend searching for a sparrow body - theyre usually cheaper as the figure had more accessories to part out and therefore body isnt as much as red skull who was accessory light and body/head sculpt prices are raised to recoup part-out cost, you'd also need a neck post and i'm not sure if the tt slim will accept an ssc neck post

The sparrow body arms won't need sanded (its a squeeze though, just use tweezers to move the jump suit through the gauntlet then push gauntlet on) and the sculpted neck is just fine, unlike other figures where that extra point of movement can add more expression.

For switching the head to the body, I'd recommend butchering your boba ssc neck post to get the little double ball peg out (just hack saw it open) and that plugs right into the tt slim neck area. I recommend this as I found no other neck ball plug would fit as well as Boba's own, even if it looked the same size others, they all seemed a bit too big and the head popped off from pressure, might be diff for others though.

Thanks for the info. Does one need to trim the foot pegs to fit into the Sparrow body? Also regarding the neck/head portion I understand to remove the ball peg. But Fett would look like a chicken neck? :monkey3

You will need hot toys ankle ball pegs, and they just plug into the sideshow shoe once the ssc peg is removed! not sure what you mean by chicken neck lol, but the jack sparrow neck is sculpted on and by the time the ball peg is added and helmet is on, it looks totally normal!

You will need hot toys ankle ball pegs, and they just plug into the sideshow shoe once the ssc peg is removed! not sure what you mean by chicken neck lol, but the jack sparrow neck is sculpted on and by the time the ball peg is added and helmet is on, it looks totally normal!

Sorry I just didn't know if the SS Fett helmet would fit on the Sparrow neck and not look too long.

Thanks.

lol here is a funny picture

I hack sawed along where the grey arrow points to on the left, just on 1 side, opened the neck like a book (it was still attached at the seam on the other side) and removed the ball peg, the shape of which is completed by the white line (you don't know how many tries it took to draw that without it looking like a *****)

DSCF2810-1.jpg

plugged into the jack sparrow body and the neck became this:

DSCF2824-1.jpg

lol here is a funny picture

I hack sawed along where the grey arrow points to on the left, just on 1 side, opened the neck like a book (it was still attached at the seam on the other side) and removed the ball peg, the shape of which is completed by the white line

DSCF2810-1.jpg

plugged into the jack sparrow body and the neck became this:

DSCF2824-1.jpg

:goodpost:

Thank you I appreciate it.

scaled.php

My finished Medi Boba. Repainted him, added a visor, like the SS piece, then sculpted the helmet to close any gaps it still had. Hope you like it. :)

Last edited:
Here are a few pics of my mod-Fett w/a HT TT body. Still not quite done, however the first pick is w/the SSC helmet.

The second pic is w/the Medicom helmet.

As for the third I was just fooling around w/a close-up shot. :monkey3

Back