Boba Fett Customizations/Modifications: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Yeah, I think the ankle pegs will make just enough of a height difference. The stock body is too tall though, Boba and Lando are the same height:

BF57465E-70DD-4A6C-AFA4-E29C650E42D8-3903-00000A586BA8B7F6.jpg

But Han is a few inches taller than Lando.

2F1AD270-419B-4540-930D-AEB50B33F3ED-3903-00000A587183C78B.jpg

Even as he stands, he isn't nearly as undersized as Medicom though.

I hear ya. I think the longer foot pegs will make it just right. It doesnt hurt to try it out and see. You can always switch it back.

I dug the Medicom Empire Fett out of my basement to get another scale comparison. It's taller than I remember it being, but man that armor and gear is just horrible compared to Sideshow's.

I think the longer feet pegs will be perfect.

SizeCompare4.jpg

and just an observation (I agree that medicom undersizes a lot) but those numbers must mean the majority of the population in real life fall under the "medicom sizing realm" haha

I'm sure that Medicom's scale is correct...for Japanese people. :monkey3 :monkey1

That 3 fett lineup demonstrates the average height across asia, north america and europe haha (damn dutch are about 6'2 average)

I'm sure that Medicom's scale is correct...for Japanese people. :monkey3 :monkey1

Lol, in all seriousness though, sometimes their scale can be advantageous, if you're wanting a model with a smaller size/frame. (ie.Maul, Jango, and their Yoda is so dead on size)

I dug the Medicom Empire Fett out of my basement to get another scale comparison. It's taller than I remember it being, but man that armor and gear is just horrible compared to Sideshow's.

I think the longer feet pegs will be perfect.

SizeCompare4.jpg

Interesting comparison photo. Which Hot Toys slim TT did you use, YB? I used a Red Skull body on my Medicom/Sideshow kitbash & the Sideshow jumpsuit leg just touches the top of his boots.

e9bf5f6b.jpg

Perhaps the Medicom codpiece is slightly pushing the pant legs up because of the strap that goes between the legs?

Lol, in all seriousness though, sometimes their scale can be advantageous, if you're wanting a model with a smaller size/frame. (ie.Maul, Jango, and their Yoda is so dead on size)
Temuerra Morrison is a solid / stocky guy. :lol

What do you mean regarding him - the height? The Medi Jango is definitely not bulky enough. :huh

Hi guys, just would like to ask if anybody knows if Medicom's Massive 2 Body is as tall as a regular HT TT body? And if the Massive 2's shoulder is wide or narrow. Thanks.

Interesting comparison photo. Which Hot Toys slim TT did you use, YB? I used a Red Skull body on my Medicom/Sideshow kitbash & the Sideshow jumpsuit leg just touches the top of his boots.

I think it was the Jack Sparrow with the molded neck, but I would have to double check to be sure. I have a few other slims on the way at the moment, so I should be able to do some compares if the bodies are different.

A few of questions:

Does anyone else think it would be possible to drill deeper holes in the arms of Truetype style body in order to accommodate the longer Sideshow wrist pegs?

Does the Kumik narrow shoulder "Slim" have the same wrist and ankle holes as the HotToys Truetype? How about the neck, will it accept the truetype neck adapters? Will it accept the Boba Head? In many pictures the Kumik appears to have slimmer forearms than just a narrow shoulder TrueType. Are they still slightly larger than the forearms on a TrueType slim? Would they still need sanded down to accommodate Boba's forearm armor?

About drilling for the ssc peg, thats putting the welfare of a cheap 1 cent part ahead of that of a $50 body, just do away with the pegs and get the HT ones, or just trim the SSC pegs shorter. Not sure about Kumik stuff, but if you can find a jack sparrow slim, you don't need the neck, just cut the neck ball peg out of the ssc boba body neck post.

edit: also the peg the HT bodies use to connect the upper arm to forearm is a great big peg, that goes a way into the forearm, so drilling up the forearm may clash with this peg

Thanks for the reply, mortifactor! I've enjoyed the information you've offered in this discussion. Earlier PJB-1138 posted a pic of his modded Fett and the wrist pegs were showing in the pose he had him in and that is what got me thinking of using the SS wrist pegs. I also noted his picture of the modded Fett hands and it didn't seem like he had to cut much off to get wrist pegs to fit on his TT slim:

also the peg the HT bodies use to connect the upper arm to forearm is a great big peg, that goes a way into the forearm, so drilling up the forearm may clash with this peg
Do you think there would be that much room to drill (the difference between cut and uncut in that photo), or do you think it would still hit the upper arm to lower arm connection peg?

I figured if the Kumik was compatible with Truetype at the wrist ankles and neck, and as it is much less expensive than the HT TT slim, it might be worth trying to drill the holes deeper so that it will accomodate the SS Fett wrist pegs. I plan on getting a Kumik to try eventually. Once I do, I will post the answers to my questions for others to reference. I really appreciate your input, mortifactor! I will keep it in mind as I do my mod!

Until then, if anyone has experience with Kumiks that can answer the questions I posed, please share!

Hi guys, just would like to ask if anybody knows if Medicom's Massive 2 Body is as tall as a regular HT TT body? And if the Massive 2's shoulder is wide or narrow. Thanks.

I recently purchased a couple of Massive 2's and swapped Medi Anakin's body for one. It made him taller, and his shoulders wider, but now his head looks too small and his shoulders look too wide. Argh. I will try to take pictures of a Hot Toys body and a Massive 2 in the same shot for comparison. Be patient, my collection is in a mess right now. If it takes me too long, just PM me a reminder to get it done.

This my Medi Fett and Royal Guard on the new massive 2 body.

IMAG0362.jpg

Massive 2 RAH body with Sparrow Slim TT

IMAG0364.jpg

Thanks for the pix, those pencil thin legs on the Medi are quite distracting, especially at the knee pads.

About drilling for the ssc peg, thats putting the welfare of a cheap 1 cent part ahead of that of a $50 body, just do away with the pegs and get the HT ones, or just trim the SSC pegs shorter. Not sure about Kumik stuff, but if you can find a jack sparrow slim, you don't need the neck, just cut the neck ball peg out of the ssc boba body neck post.

edit: also the peg the HT bodies use to connect the upper arm to forearm is a great big peg, that goes a way into the forearm, so drilling up the forearm may clash with this peg

I gotta side with Mortifactor's line of thinking. I don't know why you'd prefer to use a power tool to drastically alter an expensive figure made of rigid plastic than just snip an 1/8" off from a much cheaper smaller part made of softer material.

I gotta side with Mortifactor's line of thinking. I don't know why you'd prefer to use a power tool to drastically alter an expensive figure made of rigid plastic than just snip an 1/8" off from a much cheaper smaller part made of softer material.

I understand the point you are both making. In my defense, I was curious to see if anyone else thought it would possibly work mostly because I thought I'd read somewhere that the grey wrist joints are hard to come by (and I took into account a knock off TrueType costs $20-$25). If the grey wrist joints are cheap and plentiful, then I am left only with a curiosity bug nagging me to try to deepen the holes.

Back