Boba Fett Customizations/Modifications: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, since I have to repaint my SS boba anyway because of Games Workshop purity seal. I decided to put him together to see what the shape would come out like fully glued together ( and to see if it was possible anyway ).

I like what I saw.

15hea8g.jpg

33cw38x.jpg

Btw anyone know a way to get ahold of Dullcote in the EU?

So, since I have to repaint my SS boba anyway because of Games Workshop purity seal. I decided to put him together to see what the shape would come out like fully glued together ( and to see if it was possible anyway ).

I like what I saw.

15hea8g.jpg

33cw38x.jpg

Btw anyone know a way to get ahold of Dullcote in the EU?

Wow, that is looking so good...Impressive !!
All your hard work is really paying off.

( I am so jealous, I want one..hehehe )

Wow, that is looking so good...Impressive !!
All your hard work is really paying off.

( I am so jealous, I want one..hehehe )

I would say, sure, send me yours. BUT I don't have dullcote so I couldn't seal it properly. Which means the paint wouldn't survive shipping.. :( But the width of the sculpt is easily fixed, you can do it yourself with no difficulties.

Well like many of you (eczamurai, yours is looking great), I've taken to altering my SSC Boba. His suit has been dyed the appropriate scrubs blue and that made me happy for a few days. But then the helmet really started to bug me, so I ended up widening the helmet with the hot water trick, resulting in a much better likeness to the Empire helmet. In doing so, I realised that the squarish profile of the SSC "forehead" area was particularly off so I reshaped that into a more gradual profile and cut the dome in half so It lined up with the new head width. I then re-added the dents. I will be carving out the indicator triangles that were barely evident on the original helmet and adding green visor plastic. I really love this figure, endless modding opportunities! Here's what he looks like tonight.

Nathan

boba2.jpg

boba1.jpg

Well like many of you (eczamurai, yours is looking great), I've taken to altering my SSC Boba. His suit has been dyed the appropriate scrubs blue and that made me happy for a few days. But then the helmet really started to bug me, so I ended up widening the helmet with the hot water trick, resulting in a much better likeness to the Empire helmet. In doing so, I realised that the squarish profile of the SSC "forehead" area was particularly off so I reshaped that into a more gradual profile and cut the dome in half so It lined up with the new head width. I then re-added the dents. I will be carving out the indicator triangles that were barely evident on the original helmet and adding green visor plastic. I really love this figure, endless modding opportunities! Here's what he looks like tonight.

Nathan

That's looking really good. The helmet has a number of errors and it looks like you are nailing them one by one.

Nathan

boba2.jpg

boba1.jpg

Looks good, But I really suggest putting a piece of plastic between the helmet to push it outwards, mine looks more flayed out than yours. :)

It's because the whole mask has a tendency to go back to it's original shape!

Thanks, Sequels, a few glitches to fix and then i'll be a happy camper.

zamurai: That's true, PVC has good memory for sure. I was hoping it was styrene but alas, no. I'll stick something in there at some to guarantee the width, good suggestion.

I'm also wanting to add the chest display and backpack lamp. Super fun stuff, stay tuned!

Best,
Nathan

I got around to cutting the plastic behind the armor in the vest tonight. Looks better and tighter fitting to the body.

Overall I'm very pleased with my first 1:6 Fett

What's the concensus about putting the bottom ab plate in boiling/near boiling water in order to curve the sides in? Just wondering if it'll warp it if left in too long like what Darklord Dave did with the heatgun or if it's pretty safe as long as it's 20 - 30 seconds or so. Basically, want to ensure I soften it pretty good as the plastic seems quite stiff and I don't want any stress marks on it from bending.

I did that mod yesterday. The plastic on the inside warped. But that was not a big problem as i cut it anyway. I put the west with the ab-plate into cooking water for aber 4 seconds. Then bend it and put it (while hold it bended) under cold water to keep it in place.

Back