Boba Fett Customizations/Modifications: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was interested in a TT slim for Fett, but after finally setting him up, I'm really interested.

This is an indication of how fast I get my figures up... I got the figure about 5 weeks ago, did the vest mod about 3 weeks ago, and finally put him all together today.

And I really didn't like working with that body. I just couldn't get a lot of natural looks. In fairness, I am terrible with posing and setting up figures. But the body just felt... off.

I know these have been answered before, but my stupidity is taking hold, and I didn't fully understand the answers:

The slims I saw didn't come with pegs. Since the Fett hands all come with pegs, do these fit into the slim forearms without modification?

I'll be on the lookout for long ankle pegs, but if not will go with the normal TT pegs. I can't remember, do the Fett boots have the pegs built in? And if so, how are people using long pegs with them?

Just use the Hot Toys wrist pegs, it's easier. You can usually pick them up cheap. Use a hair dryer to heat up and pull the Sideshow wrist pegs out with a pair of pliers. The gloves should pop right onto the HT wrist pegs. Do the same for the boots. The Hot Toys ankle pegs should pop right into the boots.

You will need thin (cant emphasise enough lol, had to cut open my first boba fett feet to get the pegs out, bought new ones and was more patient though) pliers to remove the SSC peg from the ssc boot (soften with hairdryer), then the hole left will be big enough for the HT ankle peg

Last edited:
You will need thin (cant emphasise enough lol, had to cut open my first boba fett feet to get the pegs out, bought new ones and was more patient though) pliers to remove the SSC peg from the ssc boot (soften with hairdryer), then the hole left will be big enough for the HT ankle peg

I can't believe the savagery I'm reading here! Pliers? You'll scrape the surface of those parts! Using hot water may be easier. Although I have no personal experience getting a TT ankle peg into a Pro foot, I was able to shove a Pro ankle peg into a Buck foot that way.

Also, contrary to kl241's suggestion, trimming the ends off the SSC Boba wrists & using those to connect the TT forearms to the hands may yield better results. Not only will the Sideshow hands fit loosely on the TT wrist pegs, you'll need the gauntlets to cover the wrists since the flesh color won't match the color of the gloves. Just trim the large tip of the Sideshow peg off with a utility knife &, depending on how well you can get the gauntlets to fit, test the length that looks & fits best.

Since I was able to get my Medicom gauntlets to fit completely over my TT slim's forearms, the pegs fit perfectly at the trimmed length seen on the right of this photo:

82f4700e.jpg

The ssc foot pegs where so stuck in my first pair of boba feet, I had it in hot water, hair drier'd them till they were nearly a blob, then started pulling with pliers till my elbows hurt (yeah, elbows for some reason). Had to go in with the knife. Still needed pliers for the second pair, who cares if you scrape a useless ssc ankle joint, never gonna use that again and I have a few already! The feet where unscathed

Your wrist cutting idea is great but I got unlucky there too - the ht wrist pegs dont actually make boba's hands loose like they do on older figs like the sandtroopers or clones, they make the hands tighter infact this time around :cuckoo: Also the ssc gauntlets cover any wrist pegs. Basically its a dead heat, use whatever you want!

edit:

In this pic you will see that the HT wrist peg is thicker than the ssc, making it tighter on the HT in this case quite oddly

DSCF2810-1.jpg

About being unlucky with cutting the SSC pegs, the plastic was brittle for me and they snapped too short, or snapped in half down the middle, meaning the wrist joint just plopped out of the socket. Same happened on the bith hands I used making a custom weequay, had to use an enamel repair thing to securely fix it, basically if it works, great, but watch out.

Last edited:
I just swapped my Boba over to a HT Slim TT (Jack Sparrow), and had no problems. The most difficult thing was transferring over the neck peg from the Sideshow body, I had to crack the seam in the Pro neck to get the peg out. I also snipped the ends of the SS wrist pegs with some wire cutters, and they fit fine in the TT Slim arms.

I didn't have any problems getting the SS gauntlets on the TT Slim arms, they fit fine. I'm just waiting for some ankle extenders to arrive, but I'm pretty happy with him 'as is'. I'll post some pix later tonight. The body swap really does make a huge difference.

The ssc foot pegs where so stuck in my first pair of boba feet, I had it in hot water, hair drier'd them till they were nearly a blob, then started pulling with pliers till my elbows hurt (yeah, elbows for some reason). Had to go in with the knife. Still needed pliers for the second pair, who cares if you scrape a useless ssc ankle joint, never gonna use that again and I have a few already! The feet where unscathed

Your wrist cutting idea is great but I got unlucky there too - the ht wrist pegs dont actually make boba's hands loose like they do on older figs like the sandtroopers or clones, they make the hands tighter infact this time around :cuckoo: Also the ssc gauntlets cover any wrist pegs. Basically its a dead heat, use whatever you want!

edit:

In this pic you will see that the HT wrist peg is thicker than the ssc, making it tighter on the HT in this case quite oddly

DSCF2810-1.jpg

About being unlucky with cutting the SSC pegs, the plastic was brittle for me and they snapped too short, or snapped in half down the middle, meaning the wrist joint just plopped out of the socket. Same happened on the bith hands I used making a custom weequay, had to use an enamel repair thing to securely fix it, basically if it works, great, but watch out.

Man, I guess I lucked out modding my Medi Fett with Sideshow parts onto a TT slim instead of what some of what you guys have been going through! For some reason, trimming down those Sideshow wrist pegs for me was as easy as cutting butter. :wink1:

Hiding flesh-colored wrist joints wouldn't work for poses like this:

faf18ad3.jpg

The body swap is immense, I knew from doing the sandtroopers and seeing the stormtroopers to buy an extra for when boba arrived.. def worth it, the only ssc figs I have on their original bodies are Hammerhead (cus of his special bits and that human proportions don't really relate to him) and gartogg (I tried the switch to a tt slim, but something just didn't seem right you know? :rotfl)

Haven't got around to taking good pics of Boba yet, but here is a tt slim in action in the empire

IMG_0037.jpg

I'll replace that with a Boba pic when I get around to it haha

Last edited:
Man, I guess I lucked out modding my Medi Fett with Sideshow parts onto a TT slim instead of what some of what you guys have been going through! For some reason, trimming down those Sideshow wrist pegs for me was as easy as cutting butter. :wink1:

Hiding flesh-colored wrist joints wouldn't work for poses like this:

faf18ad3.jpg

You could always paint the wrist joints. Seems more practical than the irreversible method of cutting up the Sideshow pegs should you ever decide to go back to the Pro for any reason.

I wish I could find a life time supply of black and grey HT pegs, I think batman/black spiderman use black ones, not sure of grey. Painting kinda works, but it peels off the plastic. I used spray primer on some but it still rubs off with minimal use. The plastic HT make their bodies from is a weird one, very hard and brittle too so if you ever need to sand it, don't bother, just get a pair of goggles and a rotary tool lol.

Is there anyway to make a narrow work with this? Or are the arms too thick and legs too tall?

I just got a killer price from a local seller I go to...I was tempted to pick it up just to try...

Depends how much you wanna mod, easiest way is to use a rotary tool to file down the forearms, the legs shouldn't be a problem and he is all baggy and free down there.

If I had the time, I think I'd try it.

Luckily I just found a real good price on a Slim. Appreciate the reply man.

Is it possible to make the hole deeper in a HT truetype to accommodate the longer sideshow wrist pegs? And how sure are we that a KUMIK 1/6 Slim Narrow Shoulder Action Figure Body/ would or wouldn't have slim enough forearms to allow SS Fett's forearm armor to fit with the suit? Are there other differences in between a HT truetype and a Kumik as far as wrist pegs, ankle pegs or neck pegs that would cause it not to work with SS Fett's parts?

Hey doods. I'm currently switching my Boba to a Sparrow tt and thought I share my experience so far as it might help some. I've read about cracking open the pro neck to get the joint out. I tested a tt neck joint (barbell)and it works fine. I'm not sure on the exact tt release but it was one of the newer ones that came with the slide on upper leg muscles and the shaved head headsculpt. Boba's head stays on just as good as it did with the pro neck.

An even bigger surprise was that I didn't need to cut the cod piece in order to get it on the tt body. I did have to break off the legs of the pro to get it off but I'm tossing that body anyway. I put the tt legs into the suit and then slid the cod piece up over the two pockets on the legs. I then pulled the suit up as far as it would go until the cod piece stopped it. With just a little force, and I mean little, it slid over the hips with very little trouble. Much easier than cutting it and finding a way to secure it again. I'm going back to finish it up but thought that this info might help someone doing the Sparrow body conversion.

Here's a quick size/build comparison of Boba on the stock Sideshow body and one on the Hot Toys slim TT.

Movie Boba Fett on the left = Hot Toys Slim TT

Custom Kenner Boba Fett on the right = Stock Sideshow Prometheus

I have a set of long ankle pegs on the way for Boba, but I'm not sure if I'm going to use them as I like the smaller profile.

SizeCompare3.jpg

Here's a quick size/build comparison of Boba on the stock Sideshow body and one on the Hot Toys slim TT.

Movie Boba Fett on the left = Hot Toys Slim TT

Custom Kenner Boba Fett on the right = Stock Sideshow Prometheus

I have a set of long ankle pegs on the way for Boba, but I'm not sure if I'm going to use them as I like the smaller profile.

SizeCompare3.jpg

First off, I love your Kenner custom version. Great job on that. :clap
Second, I do not like the shortness of your movie Boba. It kind of goes into the Medicom sizing realm if you ask me. So I would say use the longer feet pegs but ultimately you are the owner and if you are happy then so be it. :)

Thats a really weird height pic, my boba on a tt slim is 29.5cm which works out to 5 foot 9ish, which is a bit diddyish but thats without the longer footpegs, but that means the ssc body has him at about 6'3 from the looks of that pic lol

and just an observation (I agree that medicom undersizes a lot) but those numbers must mean the majority of the population in real life fall under the "medicom sizing realm" haha

Thanks! Yeah, I think the ankle pegs will make just enough of a height difference. The stock body is too tall though, Boba and Lando are the same height:

BF57465E-70DD-4A6C-AFA4-E29C650E42D8-3903-00000A586BA8B7F6.jpg

But Han is a few inches taller than Lando.

2F1AD270-419B-4540-930D-AEB50B33F3ED-3903-00000A587183C78B.jpg

Even as he stands, he isn't nearly as undersized as Medicom though.

Back