Blitzway - Mask of Zorro - Zorro Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blitzway is lying with those promo photos and the prototype. Since Tyler Durden

I think as a company Blitzway has had varying degrees of success with their releases. Not all are bad, but this is just clearly a misfire. If Hot Toys released this I guarantee people wouldn’t be making excuses for it.

Yep. From the posted vid:

View attachment 487645

Not sure I'd even know who the unmasked was. To me the masked face looks kinda puffy - tho at a slight angle think it looks OK. Maybe it's better in hand. Dunno re the unmasked how much is not-great paint.

Sux that this may be the only 1/6 Zorro from this movie. Sorta thought about cancelling. Guess I'll hold off. My first Blitzway fig and not blown away.:pfft: Stuff like not having 2-part boots for posing bugs me too. Happy I had a coupon and a few RPs - paying full price - unless you are a Zorro collector - would *&^%$ me off.

Now, here, gotta admit they?re look awful, but look, I?m no Blitzway defender and even ordered this figure because I like Zorro, but not that movie, and I can assure you that even though they are a downgrade from the proto, those look 100% than those two pics. It?s not the disaster you?re led to believe. It?s at least on par with GB and Lecter.

I think as a company Blitzway has had varying degrees of success with their releases. Not all are bad, but this is just clearly a misfire. If Hot Toys released this I guarantee people wouldn?t be making excuses for it.

It's like the soft sculpts for BP and IW Cap (with that hair seam). Bummer. Esp. when ur last HT with portrait was the jaw-dropping portrait of IW Winter Soldier.
For 300$ I expect that kind of quality d@mmit not a KO.:pfft: WTF happened to the hair proto to production?

zorro_compare2.jpg

At least the silhouette on a shelf will be good. From 6 feet away:monkey3

It's like the soft sculpts for BP and IW Cap (with that hair seam). Bummer. Esp. when ur last HT with portrait was the jaw-dropping portrait of IW Winter Soldier.
For 300$ I expect that kind of quality d@mmit not a KO.:pfft: WTF happened to the hair proto to production?

View attachment 487747

At least the silhouette on a shelf will be good. From 6 feet away:monkey3

Damn what a huge difference there when side by side. The proto looks almost like hot toys quality and then the final seems like a aftermarket figure. If it wasn?t almost $300 then it could be excusable but for this price tag it should have looked closer to the proto.

Well, call me naive, but it seems ridiculous to compare an professionally painted, lit and photographed prototype to an out of focus, poorly lit, amateur photograph...

There's no doubt that Blitzway is another of those hit and miss companies. They're just not quite the complete package, and seem to only match Hot Toys on a bad day. They've been overrated for a while, probably due to the K.A. Kim connection, but their production paintwork is the thing that lets them down with figures. (And when it comes to big toy cars I think just about everything let them down).

Even so, those photos are incompatible for a comparison. One's professionally shot, and the other's an out of focus still captured from a video with the head being moved around in front of the camera.

KG Hobby's quick mobile snap, which is usually the type of photo that initiates buyer panic and order cancellation, showed the sculpt in a little more detail:

98227426_2999272000148493_5255044202080763904_n.jpg

EDIT:

Well, call me naive, but it seems ridiculous to compare an professionally painted, lit and photographed prototype to an out of focus, poorly lit, amateur photograph...

I had the reply window open so long I missed that you'd just written same thing!

Agreed. Some of these latest pics with their washed out lighting and lens distortion are making this figure look far worse than it probably is.

Looking back at Virtual Devil's review, I think you get a better idea what it may actually look like in hand. The paint and detail might be a bit softer than on the proto, but not much more than we usually see with new figures.

Screenshot_20200616-130118_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200616-130329_YouTube.jpg

Agreed. Some of these latest pics with their washed out lighting and lens distortion are making this figure look far worse than it probably is.

Looking back at Virtual Devil's review, I think you get a better idea what it may actually look like in hand. The paint and detail might be a bit softer than on the proto, but not much more than we usually see with new figures.

Hope so. Re the "studio" shot, sure, not only is it pro shot but suspect Photoshopped besides. Tho the flip side of that is a good sculpt is a good sculpt/paint work no matter how cr@p the camera/lighting is.:google

Can't wait for folks to get this in hand and post better pics.:cool:

Hope so. Re the "studio" shot, sure, not only is it pro shot but suspect Photoshopped besides. Tho the flip side of that is a good sculpt is a good sculpt/paint work no matter how cr@p the camera/lighting is.:google

Can't wait for folks to get this in hand and post better pics.:cool:
I'll post the hell out of him once he is in my hands.

I'll post the hell out of him once he is in my hands.

That would be great! Sort've rediscovered the movie - IMO it's so well done with Banderas and Hopkins. And Letscher's Captain Love deserves to be in the Hall of Villains. Great script. Great production.

Total geekery but since I like costume details - apparently the movie cloak was wool cashmere with applied rubber decoration - for the flow and drape. So I hope this fig has a cloak that isn't stiff. Might try to wire it for a windblown effect.

attachment.php

Even though Virtual Devil didn't much like the second sculpt it does look pretty good there, especially considering that's another video screen capture.

However, for me it's an unnecessary inclusion since I never intended to display him without the hat and mask.

If I sit it next to one of the VTS Judge Dredd Stallone sculpts it'll look like the Assassins got decapitated.

That would be great! Sort've rediscovered the movie - IMO it's so well done with Banderas and Hopkins. And Letscher's Captain Love deserves to be in the Hall of Villains. Great script. Great production.

Total geekery but since I like costume details - apparently the movie cloak was wool cashmere with applied rubber decoration - for the flow and drape. So I hope this fig has a cloak that isn't stiff. Might try to wire it for a windblown effect.

In the Italian video that Crowbar posted, the reviewer looks at the cape from 8:15 onward, and said "...the fabric is really beautiful both to the touch and also aesthetically..."

The fabric did look nice and soft as he was handling it, and the outer texture looked realistic too.

I could be getting mine fairly soon now, as the tracking updated this afternoon to, "Departed from Local Distribution Center". Next stop should be the regional distribution centre, and then the local delivery office. Before the dark times, before the Virus, that could mean tomorrow. But this is under the new regime...

In the Italian video that Crowbar posted, the reviewer looks at the cape from 8:15 onward, and said "...the fabric is really beautiful both to the touch and also aesthetically..."

The fabric did look nice and soft as he was handling it, and the outer texture looked realistic too.

I could be getting mine fairly soon now, as the tracking updated this afternoon to, "Departed from Local Distribution Center". Next stop should be the regional distribution centre, and then the local delivery office. Before the dark times, before the Virus, that could mean tomorrow. But this is under the new regime...

Thank you for the info; yeah I wish I could understand those vids - but still helpful! I wouldn't have minded a great second sculpt, to maybe bash a more plain clothes version for display.:frank I know the sheathe is plastic but curious if the decoration is metal?

I keep forgetting about the slower shipments and mail these days. But like someone posted in another forum, if friends and family get through this OK, we can count it as a win. IMO a good time to work on displays and the collection - for me I gotta think about some kind of background or maybe printing out a mini poster from the film.

The only reason I imagine they included the unmasked sculpt for was to recreate the ending where he removes his mask and saves everyone in the mine before it explodes. I would have been happy if they included another masked sculpt but without the hat on and a separate hat to hang on his back.

Here are some more pics I found. They are not mine but the sculpt actually looks better here.
Again these are NOT mine.

TSxHKQy.jpg

ExbZmkt.jpg

zMDGcvB.jpg
Good photos brings the best out of figures and this looks awesome. Soon people will regret not buying him when it sells out.

I think it still looks good overall, based on some of these photos/videos. Still adamantly excited for it!

Good photos brings the best out of figures and this looks awesome. Soon people will regret not buying him when it sells out.

Yep, much better, thank you for posting:). Even the necklace looks better.

And I would like to display masked and unmasked. Think the unmasking scene was well done - I mean I appreciate no-one says anything. Great fight and scene.:clap

Yep, much better, thank you for posting:). Even the necklace looks better.

And I would like to display masked and unmasked. Think the unmasking scene was well done - I mean I appreciate no-one says anything. Great fight and scene.:clap
Didn't really post anything yet. Lol outside of the ones that aren't mine.

Back