Blitzway - Mask of Zorro - Zorro Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hong Kong press reported some days ago that their airlines would be getting back into operation by mid June. It's expected that Hong Kong Post will also be getting back to something more like normal at the same time.

I paid KGH's Zorro invoice on Sunday night, and he changed to 'Awaiting Shipment' on Monday. But he didn't actually ship out until early Friday. He's gone through a few stages and departed Kowloon RDC earlier. Parcelsapp tracking gives an estimated arrival date of June 20th based on a number of packages over the past twenty days. If that's accurate that would be three times as long as SpeedPAK usually takes.

Good to hear! I'd bought figures from Timcent (ToysBuyingAgent) and he informed me of the airmail suspension, so I decided to patiently wait it out until then.

And you probably before some time. You speak French, so I suppose that, like me, you?re in France. Well, I?ve ordered several things from KGHOBBY in the past month. Although France doesn?t seem to be in the restricted area list, my oldest order awaiting shipment is one month old, no update since. But no worries, I think it?s for the best. I?ve had parcels the world over lately and some, especially from the US, haven?t updated for quite some time. One of them was ordered in March, moved until May1st then stopped, then I was finally noticed may 20 it was boarding a plane, and nothing since. The whole shipping is a mess worldwide!
I live in the United States.

I paid in full on August 23, 2019.

I don't speak French, I used a language translator. :dance

I went ahead and paid for the express shipping from KGhobby as well, since this just looks too good now to wait for. I did the same for Jon Snow, and he seems to be moving through the system pretty normally so far, so hopefully I won't have an issue with Zorro either.

How did you use a coupon and points on sideshow? Thought it was either or?

I used the code for the $25 from my last purchase and during checkout I was able to apply my SS points. Did the same thing before when I bought my 1/3 Scale Dredd statue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?m hoping more people get this guy soon as I want to check out a few more pics or reviews to make my decision on getting this guy. Love the movie and I even like part 2 even though wasn?t nearly as good as the first one.

SpeedPAK from KG Hobby has moved far more quickly than I imagined it would.

I expected him to sit for a week or so awaiting an available flight, but this is pretty similar to the way regular airmail operated from Hong Kong under normal conditions:

111.jpg

This is pretty encouraging considering the current circumstances:

112.jpg

It looks no different to the SpeedPAK Standard delivery estimate pre-Covid 19.

I couldn't take it and caved got it at Kghobby. I think at $338 it's good enough plus it will just cost the same at sideshow with taxes and shipping.

I take that back I paid a lot more. Lol $351 oh well at least I'll be getting him early.

I take that back I paid a lot more. Lol $351 oh well at least I'll be getting him early.

KGH really loaded the price of this one once they got extra stock. They added 480 HKD, which is a 26.67% mark up.

I know they normally do this when they get stock, but I don't think I remember one this high. Maybe they're trying to make up for lost sales during the lockdown? If so it paid off as Zorro's back out of stock again.

KGH really loaded the price of this one once they got extra stock. They added 480 HKD, which is a 26.67% mark up.

I know they normally do this when they get stock, but I don't think I remember one this high. Maybe they're trying to make up for lost sales during the lockdown? If so it paid off as Zorro's back out of stock again.
Yeah I got charged the conversion rate from HKD. In total it's $338 but with that rate it went all up to $351 that is insane that I've paid that much on a new release. I've paid that for a figure that had been out for some time. But I guess the hobby is going from the $200 mark to $300 and up. I'm just glad I can mark this off my most wanted list.

Yeah I got charged the conversion rate from HKD. In total it's $338 but with that rate it went all up to $351 that is insane that I've paid that much on a new release. I've paid that for a figure that had been out for some time. But I guess the hobby is going from the $200 mark to $300 and up. I'm just glad I can mark this off my most wanted list.

Year on year prices rise and become the new 'normal'.

Yet the quality isn't always rising to match it, as with Hot Toys' Jawa and Power Droid, or Blitzway's ridiculously priced Ecto-1 which comes with a list of QC errors along with a network of exposed wires on the roof that were there by design!

You'd think this bubble was about to burst, but the companies know they're selling drugs to addicts. It's hard to give up. :lol

Year on year prices rise and become the new 'normal'.

Yet the quality isn't always rising to match it, as with Hot Toys' Jawa and Power Droid, or Blitzway's ridiculously priced Ecto-1 which comes with a list of QC errors along with a network of exposed wires on the roof that were there by design!

You'd think this bubble was about to burst, but the companies know they're selling drugs to addicts. It's hard to give up. :lol
Trust me I'm trying. Lol this was on my (the last figures I'll ever get) list with a few others but every time they release something new of something I like it's hard to stop. But at least we can slowly turn away once we get annoyed of the overpriced sub par figures. Hence why I'm starting to favor 3rd party companies over the official ones. Less money and a lot more and worth the amount.

Trust me I'm trying. Lol this was on my (the last figures I'll ever get) list with a few others but every time they release something new of something I like it's hard to stop. But at least we can slowly turn away once we get annoyed of the overpriced sub par figures. Hence why I'm starting to favor 3rd party companies over the official ones. Less money and a lot more and worth the amount.

Even pre-ordering to lock in the cheaper price is a risk, because it commits you to buying something that may not turn out as expected. So there's no easy answer.

I'm envious of collectors who have the willpower to stick to one property, or one type of figure. My collection, on the other hand, has ended up as a bit of everything. There's so much being made now, and a lot of the interesting things are by third part companies, but I try to be a bit more choosy.

I was all but limiting Star Wars to the Original Trilogy, then Rogue One, Solo and The Mandalorian happened!

I do find it easier nowadays saying no to things. But when something as unusual in the market as Zorro appeared, I couldn't say no.

Back