Blitzway- Al Pacino- Scarface- FULL SPEC- new production paint app pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no call to be mean about it. We're just having a discussion about our points of view.

Yeh, and your point of view is that you think the character is awful and you think the movie is awful but were tempted to buy the figure regardless - until, that is, you saw a movie poster on some ******'s wall, and by jove, that was the final straw. This being a figure thread, I have no idea why you're still posting to be honest - you don't like the character and you're not buying the figure. If you want to discuss the movie, that's cool but it's probably a discussion best had in the movies section.

...where I would make the point that I don't watch movies to have some director moralise and wax lyrical about upright values so I have a good idea what I should or shouldn't aspire to. Good grief.

I saw the poster in a clip. I was watching Beavis and Butthead watching Jersey Shore. DePalma and classic shouldn't be uttered in the same sentence.
Oh, I also don't like the movie because Tony Montana is an awful awful character.
I'll stick to the Paul Muni Scarface.

Who's Paul Muni? Didn't know there are other actors who portrayed Scarface as well.

Who's Paul Muni? Didn't know there are other actors who portrayed Scarface as well.

The original 1932 flick:

MV5BMTg5NTYyOTY4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTI2NTY0MQ@@._V1._SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

I'll agree with you on one point, Guinness. It is an accurate comment on Reagan Era America with it's me first attitude. The point that irks me is that it kind of backfired in the sense that many who walk away from the film get the idea that Scarface is a ringing endorsement of the Tony Montana lifestyle.

I dont think it's an endorsement, after the montage of success Tony deals with paranoia, substance abuse, a failing marriage, legal problems...doesn't seem to be a endorsement to me, but that's me. With that said I agree with Lejuan and since this is a figure thread our discussion is derailing it. And like the movie or not BW's TM figure is awesome even if there is a Scarface poster on the Jersey Shore's house wall.

Don't knock the movie or character because trashy hip hop gangsta scum/gino mommas boys love it, this movie was around long before all that riff raff came around, i mentally block that ____ out and just enjoy the movie.

Don't knock the movie or character because trashy hip hop gangsta scum/gino mommas boys love it, this movie was around long before all that riff raff came around, i mentally block that ____ out and just enjoy the movie.

:lecture Well said.

Yeh, and your point of view is that you think the character is awful and you think the movie is awful but were tempted to buy the figure regardless - until, that is, you saw a movie poster on some ******'s wall, and by jove, that was the final straw. This being a figure thread, I have no idea why you're still posting to be honest - you don't like the character and you're not buying the figure. If you want to discuss the movie, that's cool but it's probably a discussion best had in the movies section.

...where I would make the point that I don't watch movies to have some director moralise and wax lyrical about upright values so I have a good idea what I should or shouldn't aspire to. Good grief.

My original post was kind of tongue in cheek.

The Jersey Shore part. It didn't change my attitude one bit. It just cemented the fact that there's a lot of boneheads out there that tend to walk away from the film with the wrong message.

There's a guy in my gym that I know who wants to join the marines, and when I asked why do you want to join his reply was "because I wanna be a bad a** killer". Unfortunately there are more boneheads like him than true patriots who want to defend their country. They think that by joining the military they will have the freedom to fulfill their sick fantasies without being punished for. Boneheads will interpret things their own way because they're boneheads. Don't blame the source. People kill for money....is money to blame?

The Jersey Shore part. It didn't change my attitude one bit. It just cemented the fact that there's a lot of boneheads out there that tend to walk away from the film with the wrong message.

Well yeah, but you could say that about the bible... that doesn't make it a bad read.

1/6 FTW :rock

review_gstmoses_13.jpg

(pic from mwctoys.com)

...oops, thread officially derailed. Montana to Moses and back again, what a trip.

Once I find out if I can make a preorder down payment with the guy I buy from I am getting that Enterbay War version just so I can makea fig like this:

51281.6a00d83451b05569e2012876b3e5d9970c-pi.jpg

Might even make the snow man.
What do you think? a little powdered sugar maybe?

:exactly:
if that were the case then we should say the same for The Godfather films, Goodfellas, ect. The Godfathers I and II are considered to be 2 of the greatest films of all time, and ghetto-asses adore those films too.

Once I find out if I can make a preorder down payment with the guy I buy from I am getting that Enterbay War version just so I can makea fig like this:

Might even make the snow man.
What do you think? a little powdered sugar maybe?

The BW sculpt would suit that scene so much better, pity the suit doesn't match. I picked up a TTL black striped suit that is pretty decent but EBs will be that much better.

SO.....Thread back on track? Good cause I was thinking of getting another base to replace my scratched up one. Then I will have one base for the chair and another to just pose the figure by itself.

51281.6a00d83451b05569e2012876b3e5d9970c-pi.jpg

I really hope Bltzway will also make a War version. :pray: I'm sure they can nail his angry expression much better than EB's plus we can transfer his serious expression from their 1st version to imitate this scene. :monkey1

I've started Tony's desk. I should be done the construction of it tonight. The desk lamps & accessories are gunna take a bit of time. Ill start my thread later

Back