Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed this one in the theater but watched at home with all the lights out and a coke for energy, lol. While I don't think it resonated emotionally with me as much as others it was definitely a nice spacious movie. Roomy with lots of time to ponder. I figured after the opening there wouldn't be any action for a long time and was correct. I also figured once we hear about the baby we'd never get a technical/biological explanation of how it happened and I'm okay with both points.

With all the "chosen one" movies we get I was really glad it didn't end up being K. The focus wasn't even really on the kid thankfully.

"Cells" and "Interlinked" are now a household gag.

Are we to assume the Rachel clone was made from the stolen bones? I'm guessing no because they got the eye color wrong? If they could just clone her it would seem like that would be enough to recreate her biology and Wallace would have at the very least a good head start on figuring it out.

Do you think it was a coincidence that she was under Wallace's nose the whole time? Did the replicants guide her life path that way or is it all coincidental? Maybe it doesn't matter in the context of this contained story.

Yeah, I'm much more appreciative of the theater experience these days and try to see something as many times as possible when I run into something worth the big screen. This one would have been great.

So glad I got to see it in IMAX with a really good in cinema sound system (some can be meh). Watched the blu ray twice this week, 5 times since I received it and I absolutely love the movie.

I picked up the Blade Runner glass a couple of years back, so now I feel I have a solid reason to use it more hah.

Signature Craft + 2049:

FailingRawLeafwing-max-1mb.gif

3rd viewing tonight with the wife on her first....much Like Fury Road, you see or realize things on multiple viewing you may have missed.

Here are my questions and ponderings.....

1. Did Ana set up this whole thing just to find her Dad? I got that feeling this time. She was responsible for planting the memories of the horse after all. I think her tears when seeing K’s memories were because she realized a Rep was on the path to find her Dad. Since she couldn’t leave she used K as a proxy to find Deckard and get him back to her.

2. Was the Joi hologram at the end calling K Joe by coincidence? Or did the program somehow disseminate?

3. Did K actually essentially become a human just by the shear will of believing he was? His emotions finally comes out , and his baseline goes way off.

4. Was Deckard a replicatant after all? Was Wallace hinting at that? By saying maybe he was designed to fall for Rachel from the start? If so, did Tyrell actually succeed in creating breeding replicants? Or did he succeed in making a replicant that could cross breed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Was the Joi hologram at the end calling K Joe by coincidence? Or did the program somehow disseminate?

I took it (her calling him Joe) as indicative of the shared programming between all the Joi programs and that a "Joe" might be the common nickname for all Joi clients the way clients of today's prostitutes are sometimes called "Johns." However I do believe that both K and his particular Joi did indeed will themselves into having souls, so to speak. Joi was listening in on Lieutenant Joshi and K's conversation where Joshi declared that "we're all looking for something real." So Joi took it as her new prime directive to help K become a "real boy" and since a real boy needs a real girl she strived to become that for him which is why she had to make herself less plugged in and more "mortal." K adopted the same mentality after speaking to the leader of the replicant resistance and deciding that he agreed that dying for something you believed in would be the final step toward true humanity.

Not that the film totally spells it out of course but that's my interpretation. Others might come to different conclusions which is just one of the many beautiful things about this movie.

Back