Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They could incorporate it as a dream or something, when he's unplugged.
It just really odd in terms of narrative to open a Neo centric story with Trinity vs Agents.
Funny... a lot of people hate Reloaded intro, even tho it makes perfect sense to open that move with it.

It works, but then that means Trinity's first scene is the club scene...which isn't as good as her official intro.

The movie works perfectly as it is. First scene shows you that this world is not what it serms to be and makes you question whats going on.
Trinity showed first works because it builds the suspense and introduces us to the matrix program
The conversation she has is very important because it connects to her falling in love with him and watching him. That conversation is more important than the action.
Starting with neo would not only make no sense because we would not have a point of reference for trinity ir the matrix but we also would not understamd why the agents are so dangerous.
Taking out the trinity scene would undermine the interrogation scene. Not only do you not know why the agwnts are feared but then neo getting the bug implanted would make no sense and would confuse the hell put of everybody.
The club scene would get butchered and be ruined since the opening scene makes us familiar with trinity and shows us how long shes been tracking him. The club scene is complimented by it...

That first scene might be one if the most important scenes of the whole movie.

They could incorporate it as a dream or something, when he's unplugged.
It just really odd in terms of narrative to open a Neo centric story with Trinity vs Agents.
Funny... a lot of people hate Reloaded intro, even tho it makes perfect sense to open that move with it.

They at least mention Neo's name, and makes you wonder what makes him so important that she would go through all that trouble. Also, I wonder if she had to be there looking for the information because of what the Oracle told her, but that's jut an idea.

They at least mention Neo's name, and makes you wonder what makes him so important that she would go through all that trouble. Also, I wonder if she had to be there looking for the information because of what the Oracle told her, but that's jut an idea.
Hmmm... I never thought about it this way. Sounds good to me!
Back to "perfect movie" it is then. :D

The movie works perfectly as it is. First scene shows you that this world is not what it serms to be and makes you question whats going on.
Trinity showed first works because it builds the suspense and introduces us to the matrix program
The conversation she has is very important because it connects to her falling in love with him and watching him. That conversation is more important than the action.
Starting with neo would not only make no sense because we would not have a point of reference for trinity ir the matrix but we also would not understamd why the agents are so dangerous.
Taking out the trinity scene would undermine the interrogation scene. Not only do you not know why the agwnts are feared but then neo getting the bug implanted would make no sense and would confuse the hell put of everybody.
The club scene would get butchered and be ruined since the opening scene makes us familiar with trinity and shows us how long shes been tracking him. The club scene is complimented by it...

That first scene might be one if the most important scenes of the whole movie.

:exactly:

This I don't get. What conversation?

:exactly:

This I don't get. What conversation?

The little bit with the operator saying how she likes to watch him and she asks if the line is safe
" did you hear that?"

You are told the agents are already on their way to catch her without even knowing anything about the movie.

When u watch the movie that little convo is meaningless. By yhe end you realize that the operator knew she liked him and that they were already being betrayed since the beginning because their lines were not secure.
The lines were bugged and thats how they found her.

The conversation isso meaningless you dont even remember it.

The little bit with the operator saying how she likes yo watch him and she asks if the line is safe
" did you hear that?"

Oh yeah, so maybe it had to do with whatever it was that the Oracle told her at some point.

The film starts with Trinity talking to Cypher and he tells her that she wasn't supposed to be there...and then he asks her if she likes Neo and that she likes watching him. I forgot about that.

Not only that, when Trinity asked Cypher if the line was safe, he said, "Of course it's safe." Was it safe? It foreshadows him betraying them later on. This **** gets better and better. :lol

Oh yeah, so maybe it had to do with whatever it was that the Oracle told her at some point.

The film starts with Trinity talking to Cypher and he tells her that she wasn't supposed to be there...and then he asks her if she likes Neo and that she likes watching him. I forgot about that.

Then she hears clicking because they were bugged thanks to the guy that betrays them

That tiny convo basically tells u about the whole plot in very few words and leaves crumbs for you to catch while you are not even aware of it.

I think he even asks if she think he is the one and shes like it doesnt matter what i think. Putting the doubt that he might not be the one
and showing us shes afraid to accepting the words of the oracle.

That scene is super filled of info that stays in the back of yoyr head and slowly unravels asyou find out more about the matrix and the characters.

Another super important tiny scene is the agent asking the cop why he sent his men and the cop is like " we can handle one little lady" and the agent is like your men are already dead

But you dont know she has powers or why shes so dangerous
And when she kills them it makes you question the reality of this world. It tells you something is off about her and about this reality. Slowly eases you to the matrix not being real

Imagine how much we lose if the trinity scene didnt open the movie.....jesus.

Last edited:
I think he even asks if she think he is the one and shes like it doesnt matter what i think. Putting the doubt that he might not be the one
and showing us shes afraid to accepting the words of the oracle.

Yeah, she says Morpheus believes that he is the one, and that her opinion doesn't matter.

So what are people's thoughts on how K can lie/disobey?

Mere value drift? The fact that he had real memories implanted that affect his core operating program?

Interested to hear any other interpretations.

You mean like opening Star Wars with Leia vs Vader?
Well, everyone keep tellin' me that the whole trilogy was planned from the start...
So yeah, opening a Skywalker centric story with Luke's sister and their father makes sense. :lol

Blade Runner 2049 picked up two Baftas, Special Visual Effects and Cinematography.

Nice that Denis was nominated in the best director category as well, though I can't be that unhappy that he lost out to Guillermo Del Toro for The Shape of Water (both did a brilliant job worthy of recognition).

So what are people's thoughts on how K can lie/disobey?

Mere value drift? The fact that he had real memories implanted that affect his core operating program?

Interested to hear any other interpretations.

The Baseline test is what keeps them obedient, K, thinking he's not a Repicant at that point, failed his baseline and was able to lie.

Blade Runner 2049 picked up two Baftas, Special Visual Effects and Cinematography.

:rock

Back