Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NOECI0s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol :rotfl

Im well aware that to us the actress is still hot as f -

But in the context of the story and knowing how sweet and loving and innocent as the other joi was,
The pink joi comes off as unsettling. A little slutty even.
It made her feel cold and cheap,

Well, your forgetting that customers were the ones who decided how they wanted their Joi.

5zgghzt7x6i01.png

So maybe the pink one is the "default" look.

Well, your forgetting that customers were the ones who decided how they wanted their Joi.

5zgghzt7x6i01.png

So maybe the pink one is the "default" look.

But thats my point, the ad joi was too extremely done for a program u can customize, shes customized to the extteme in the ad.

Maybe all the other joi are like that, edgy, and sexy and slutty,
But maybe the joi we knew did "get a soul" or became more human and more compassionate from living with the guy...

Thats what i mean, maybe our joi went beyond what the program was meant to be.
Maybe she evolved in a way... the ad joi was just such a huge contrast

But thats my point, the ad joi was too extremely done for a program u can customize, shes customized to the extteme in the ad.

But maybe the joi we knew did "get a soul" or became more human and more compassionate from living with the guy...

I get what you're saying, but I don't think so. There's a deleted scene that features another Joi that looks like this:

97ovt42pgre01.jpg

All 50's out. I think it's a "eye of the beholder" and there's infinite possibilities. In the end it is a cyber-punk world, so it has to have cyber-punk designs such as the pink Joi. But it's fun to speculate.

I get what you're saying, but I don't think so. There's a deleted scene that features another Joi that looks like this:

97ovt42pgre01.jpg

All 50's out. I think it's a "eye of the beholder" and there's infinite possibilities. In the end it is a cyber-punk world, so it has to have cyber-punk designs such as the pink Joi. But it's fun to speculate.

I need that scene...

I agree with this !

Joi and Joe (K) we both on a journey to discover what it was to be more human. Joi , wanting to be physical with K hires the covert hooker, to give to K a human experience he never had.

I think it’s pretty clear that in the context of the story, BIG PINK JOI (BPJ) was in a way, a representation of how huge Joi was to K in life. She was his muse and in her willingness to sacrifice herself to be with him, taught K that self sacrifice for a cause IS what makes you the most human you can be.

The symbology of her HUGE body, is a physical representation of K’s view of her in HIS life. When she says generic stuff to him, he further realized how different his Joi was. I honestly feel at that moment , the musical ques are meant to show us that K had made up his mind in what he is going to do....which is to save Deckard, not kill him, and reunite him with his lonely daughter.

Even Luv seems to be bitter about Joi and K . Her quip about “enjoying our product” strikes me a s a jab at K and his attempt to have a human relationship with a program. It’s a level of bigotry similar to Wallace and how he feels about replicants. Which makes her character so damn ironic.

Great to have a group who can siscuss this film in such depth, there is a ton her to explore....

My wife, who barely grasped the entire story , cried when K died....

Her comment “ I don’t know why I am crying, that’s just so sad.”

She started to analyze the film after with me and why it hit her so hard at the end.

She also noted the irony of Roy dying in the rain and K saying in the snow. Which I had not put together....

I love the fact that Luv and Joi has to die to bring Deckard back to his child......

Just from a strictly pun/grammatical sense.

I agree with this !

Joi and Joe (K) we both on a journey to discover what it was to be more human. Joi , wanting to be physical with K hires the covert hooker, to give to K a human experience he never had.

I think it’s pretty clear that in the context of the story, BIG PINK JOI (BPJ) was in a way, a representation of how huge Joi was to K in life. She was his muse and in her willingness to sacrifice herself to be with him, taught K that self sacrifice for a cause IS what makes you the most human you can be.

The symbology of her HUGE body, is a physical representation of K’s view of her in HIS life. When she says generic stuff to him, he further realized how different his Joi was. I honestly feel at that moment , the musical ques are meant to show us that K had made up his mind in what he is going to do....which is to save Deckard, not kill him, and reunite him with his lonely daughter.

Even Luv seems to be bitter about Joi and K . Her quip about “enjoying our product” strikes me a s a jab at K and his attempt to have a human relationship with a program. It’s a level of bigotry similar to Wallace and how he feels about replicants. Which makes her character so damn ironic.

Great to have a group who can siscuss this film in such depth, there is a ton her to explore....

My wife, who barely grasped the entire story , cried when K died....

Her comment “ I don’t know why I am crying, that’s just so sad.”

She started to analyze the film after with me and why it hit her so hard at the end.

She also noted the irony of Roy dying in the rain and K saying in the snow. Which I had not put together....

Great points, i’ll keep these in mind on my next watch. you and crows are onto something.

I just found it odd that they will make pink joi so different in contrast
That must mean something. Specially the black eyes. You dont give her black eyes for no reason. Theres more meaning there.

Also the 50s joi from the deleted scene could have had a much colder personality as well.

I'm surprised to hear that so many people think that K's Joi has a soul. To me it is painfully obvious she doesn't especially with the "everything you want to see/hear" slogan that pops up several times throughout the film. The Hologram of Joi on the bridge that calls him "Joe" definitely validates that. The look on K's face says it all, it's like he somewhat knew the entire time but he didn't actually come to terms with it until that very moment. I noticed that earlier in the film during the rooftop scene joi also tells K that "she's so happy when she's with him," and he simply responds with "you don't have to say that" as if there's a part of him that knows it's all fake. At the same time it's neat how that molds K into who he is at the end of he film. It's two big let downs In a row a for him. First realizing that he's not the child of Rachel and then realizing that Joi's love never was "real."

That is indeed quite the question. And probably is the central question of the whole movie.
My interpretation is(And has always been), that Deckard *is* a replicant. Just my opinion, based on the unicorn evidence. I have often read your posts on this subject but i am hesitant to engage on the subject, simply because it's a matter of opinion, and i don't mind having a differing opinion. It makes us all unique after all, but allows us to enjoy different perspectives. I have enjyed reading your reasoning and why you hold your opinion.

I have no problem with people subscribing to the idea that Deckard was a replicant. I just personally don't think that the film supports such a notion. Yes there's that one oddball shot of the unicorn but even that is so artsy and abstract that it doesn't really spell anything out. I like the idea that Rachael is the unicorn; a mystical replicant worthy of protection as opposed to retirement and that Gaff simply understood what she represented to Deckard.

In any case, my idea has always been that Deckard is kept in cold storage till replicants get loose(Or worse. They keep sending Deckard after Deckard until all the replicants are dead. We DO hear that there were six, and one got fried, then four get retired. My thinking was always that they sent Deckard, he died killing the first one, then they uncrated another Deckard for the rest).

Actually Bryant says that two got fried running through an electrical fence which just left Batty, Pris, Leon, and Zhora.

The LAPD don't want to get their hands dirty, or are simply unable to deal with replicants on their own terms, so they send in Deckard.

What of Holden then, the first blade runner who tested Leon? Based on your statement above do you believe that he was a replicant too? And Gaff? I'm not really challenging your take on the film I'm just curious as to how Holden and Gaff fit in with your supposition that the LAPD can't or won't get their hands dirty with replicants and therefore use replicants of their own (which are curiously much weaker than basic pleasure models like Pris.)

And both of them saved Deckard as their dying actions so that he could be reunited with a woman he loved.

I'm surprised to hear that so many people think that K's Joi has a soul. To me it is painfully obvious she doesn't especially with the "everything you want to see/hear" slogan that pops up several times throughout the film.

Joi not having a soul is painfully obvious only if you cherry pick the lines in the film that support your interpretation and ignore the ones that don't. Because it's also stated point blank that "dying for the right cause is the most human thing we can do" which K's Joi *does.* If being everything her owner wanted to "see and hear" was the end all/be all of Joi's programming then why would she recommend that she be unplugged? You can't be everything someone wants to see and hear if you're dead/deactivated. But she wanted more than that for K. She wanted him to feel that she was real, and that her love was also real. That goes way beyond the slogan under the hologram.

Only reason she was creepy was cause of the black eyes. And being 50 feet tall and nude I guess. But she's a sexbot. She was never "real"....her tears, her emotion, he dedication....just 1s and 0s. If i liked anything about the plot, that would be it.

Even though I didn't like the movie I never said it wasn't eye poppingly gorgeous. That big Joi scene included.

don’t discuss it too deep bois, I just received an infraction from this thread. (even though i didn’t break any rules) seems somebody doesn’t like our convo in here and keeps reporting posts.

edit: ah I see otto is here now, now I know who’s reporting.

That nude Joi gif probably didn't go down too well with the mods. :lol

well it was from adoptedscott (who isn’t even a mod in this section). her rule is to keep it pg-13 (even though you can see butts and boobs in a pg-13 movie).

so by that logic, i’ve done nothing wrong.

this place is falling apart, the mods (the ones that haven’t gave up) don’t know what they’re doing, unfortunately.

Last edited:
don’t discuss it too deep bois, I just received an infraction from this thread. (even though i didn’t break any rules) seems somebody doesn’t like our convo in here and keeps reporting posts.

edit: ah I see otto is here now, now I know who’s reporting.

The conversation was still on topic and the gif was fitting to that. Proof that Blade Runner conversation is above most people. People should stick to their Star Wars and DC bashing.

Back