Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

Actually , having been alive during that time......we were much more concerned with Russia......China was not really on anyones map yet....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh, how things have changed. . . :(

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Actually , having been alive during that time......we were much more concerned with Russia......China was not really on anyones map yet....

So was I. We were talking about the future from 1982, that China would be the next great country for the next millennium, which Bladerunner anticipated. If Bladerunner was set in 1982, then you would be right about Russia being more important.

So was I. We were talking about the future from 1982, that China would be the next great country for the next millennium, which Bladerunner anticipated. If Bladerunner was set in 1982, then you would be right about Russia being more important.

Good point!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

George Orwell was only 2 years off 1982 when he wrote, "Nineteen Eighty-Four" (back in 1949).
He predicted a superstate government controlled by an elite group. Everyone is under high surveillance and manipulated by constant propogagnda everywhere.

Blade Runner is similar with its dystopian setting. Hell so is real life in many ways. Just need robots to reach 'replicant' standards!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Maaaaaan, that looks good. I hope the story doesn't suck.

Ford really looks invested in this movie....he almost gave a **** during the interview :lol

Most anticipated movie this year for me- looks brilliant- here's hoping...

Looks like sand infested scene after sand infested scene.

I did the Blade Runner experience on Friday and it made me even more pumped for this. You sit in this small theater room with the VR headset on. The graphics are pretty bad (they look PS2 tier), but you fly through LA in your spinner pursuing this suspect. It really does feel like you're flying over the city, especially when you're bumping into **** in your seat.

Then after you pursue him, the both of you crash onto the streets below and the Blade Runner staff take your headset off. Thr room you were in has opened via secret wall and you see the spinner you took down in the VR. The difference is, instead of being a CGI video game thing, it's an actual lifesize prop of the actual spinner from the film. You get up from your seat and you get to walk around the streets of what feels like an exact set from Bladerunner. It's the best part of the experience. There's rain, smoke, and ****ing lo mein noodles! As you walk around, there are actors walking around that look like they walked right out of the film. Weird ass vagrants, police arresting random people for being replicants, hookers, a chef, etc. etc. Two prostitutes came up to me and led me near the taxi trying to get me to **** them. I tried to see how far I could take it ("now much for an hour", "let's get out of here and go to the bar" and they never broke character. They were like, what are you in LA for and I was like "Bladerunner" and they ended up freaking out and ran away, claiming to be a Blade Runner. It was great. My friend did this facial scan thing with a crowd and ended up being identified as a replicant and was man handled by cops.

You're given this wrist band in the beginning of the line. If you scan it to computer terminals throughout the city, you can get cool stuff. I got to eat a box of lo mein with chopsticks like Deckard, got to go up to JOI advertisement that scanned my wrist and put my name all over the screens, which gives you a free shirt as well as drink actual shots of Johnnie Walker at BiBi's club. I honestly couldn't get over how immersive it was.

IMG_8340.jpg

That's awesome Fabio. Where was this at?

I did the Blade Runner experience on Friday and it made me even more pumped for this. You sit in this small theater room with the VR headset on. The graphics are pretty bad (they look PS2 tier), but you fly through LA in your spinner pursuing this suspect. It really does feel like you're flying over the city, especially when you're bumping into **** in your seat.

Then after you pursue him, the both of you crash onto the streets below and the Blade Runner staff take your headset off. Thr room you were in has opened via secret wall and you see the spinner you took down in the VR. The difference is, instead of being a CGI video game thing, it's an actual lifesize prop of the actual spinner from the film. You get up from your seat and you get to walk around the streets of what feels like an exact set from Bladerunner. It's the best part of the experience. There's rain, smoke, and ****ing lo mein noodles! As you walk around, there are actors walking around that look like they walked right out of the film. Weird ass vagrants, police arresting random people for being replicants, hookers, a chef, etc. etc. Two prostitutes came up to me and led me near the taxi trying to get me to **** them. I tried to see how far I could take it ("now much for an hour", "let's get out of here and go to the bar" and they never broke character. They were like, what are you in LA for and I was like "Bladerunner" and they ended up freaking out and ran away, claiming to be a Blade Runner. It was great. My friend did this facial scan thing with a crowd and ended up being identified as a replicant and was man handled by cops.

You're given this wrist band in the beginning of the line. If you scan it to computer terminals throughout the city, you can get cool stuff. I got to eat a box of lo mein with chopsticks like Deckard, got to go up to JOI advertisement that scanned my wrist and put my name all over the screens, which gives you a free shirt as well as drink actual shots of Johnnie Walker at BiBi's club. I honestly couldn't get over how immersive it was.

View attachment 355553

That is one of the most awesome things I have ever heard about for a promotion. I'm so jelly.

That does sound like an awesome experience!

Back