Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

Old Ford running makes me :lol

guex1Al.gif

Ford does seem to bail on his women and leave them with angry sons, doesn't he? Solo and Indy both.

'Visuals are pretty simple to get right...' ...!!!!? You are joking, right!?
...yes, might be simple if you're the worlds best cinematographer, Rodger Deakins.
...and if you'd rather see Rutger in it than Ford, maybe hurry up and come up with a new script for it where Batty comes back from the dead. Should be good.
;-)

Batty was a replicant.....so having another one of his model would not be a problem....

Ford just seems like he is playing the same role over and over now....he didn't seem like Deckard at all from the little I saw.

And yes, re creating the visuals from the original is simple because they were so original unique. Rainy, neon drenched streets , with hologram ads? What's hard about that?

I am more interested in the expanded world , like the dust storm areas and hopefully we get to see some of the other parts of the world from the books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious what he'll say about Rachel.

"Why do all my old girlfriends become fake, creepy faced, CGI creatures blessed with eternal youth?"

Music by Jóhann Jóhannsson
I'm loving the synthesiser sounds almost more than the visuals now.

Takes me back to watching the original on VHS... along with 'Dune'

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nah , it's really that simple, copying a set is a snap.

Coming up with that world in the original....was genius ....

You must be very successful. ;-)

He has a point, those visuals are easy to reproduce, at least in the art-design side, the atmosphere and everything else is what is tougher to pull off.

Even Ghost of a Shell managed to pull it off, albeit looking like Youtube Fanfic from time to time.

He has a point, those visuals are easy to reproduce, at least in the art-design side, the atmosphere and everything else is what is tougher to pull off.

From the looks of it, the atmosphere is different, but I'm only judging the footage in the trailer.

I wouldn't be surprised, but as long as Villeneuve injects his own atmosphere it'll be alright.

I wouldn't be surprised, but as long as Villeneuve injects his own atmosphere it'll be alright.

It's possible that it might be similar in other scenes. The film takes place 30 years later, so it makes sense for thing to change a little bit. Looking at the scenes in the trailer, I see more wide shots and empty/"simple" environments, whereas the original everything felt smaller, dirty, crowded, and claustrophobic. It's like everyone lived in a tuna can with rain and neon lights.

I hope the city and street are practical sets and not CGI.

It looks like it'll be a blending of both, but for the looks of the trailer, it's damn seamless.

Yea I am more eager to see the stuff we have NOT seen yet. Of course the obligatory neon umbrella and pet shop will be shown and a Tyrell like corporate office.

But the wasteland areas are what I am interested in. For those who read the book they know there is much more out there.

"Why do all my old girlfriends become fake, creepy faced, CGI creatures blessed with eternal youth?"

I knew it.
Shes in the trailer no?

Spoiler Spoiler:

roy batty model?
off world colonies?
is the story good?

I knew it.
Shes in the trailer no?

Spoiler Spoiler:

roy batty model?
off world colonies?
is the story good?

I know that scene from the fantastic Dangerous Days doc. If it's true that's where Bautista is appearing, it's a waste.

Back