Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see that BR 2049 at least passed ALIEN Covenant's worldwide total this weekend. Covenant had the higher profit margin obviously but at least BR put more butts in seats.

Scott is still kinda sorta planning one more after Covenant. It probably won't have much of a budget though. All he cares about is David though so it probably won't need much.

I doubt WB would ever allow BR to be tainted by Scott's current schlock.

Besides in Covenant they specifically call themselves out as the "first large scale colonization of another planet" way out in the year 2104 while 1982's BR reveals that off world colonization has been so prolific that blimps advertise it 24 hours a day and huge apartment buildings like the one Sebastian lives in sit largely vacant due to such large scale interplanetary migration all prior to *2019.*

I think the only connection we'll see will be along the lines of David's "wink wink" line of telling Michaels "That's the spirit!" when she attacked him echoing Batty's identical line to Deckard.

Also, remember that Dallas worked for the Tyrell corporation.

Don't get me wrong, keep both separate, unlike Aliens, BR is still pure.

Are you talking about the little note Cameron put in Dallas' bio during Ripley's hearing? I take it as a reference made just for the fun of it (like the Red Skull's line about Hitler searching for trinkets in the desert) and not an official "link" between the two franchises. I guess it would have been cool if somehow *only* the first ALIEN was connected to Blade Runner but the ALIEN franchise as a whole is such a mess that I'm glad the timelines and android tech don't match up with BR.

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/de...-blade-runner-2049-s-box-office-struggles-187

Denis Villeneuve is still digesting Blade Runner 2049's box-office struggles

"The thing is that the movie is doing very well abroad, I mean, in Europe, strong success, in United States, it performed great in New York and big cities. Honestly, I don’t know because we had the best critics. I’m still digesting it. I had the best critics of my life, I’ve never had a movie welcome like that, okay? At the same time, the box office in the United States was a disappointment, that’s the truth. Because those movies are expensive, and it will still make tons of money but not enough. I think the thing is that it’s maybe because people were not familiar enough with the universe, and the fact that the movie’s long. I don’t know, it’s still a mystery to me."

"That’s the first thing one of my sons told me: “Papa you honor the first movie until the very end.” Because the first movie had the same fate," Villeneuve said. "The original Blade Runner when it came out wasn’t a success, and through time it became was it is today. I was not looking for that. But what I really am at peace with is the fact that the hard core fans that love the first movie really welcome this one, and that for me it means the world."

I really am at peace with is the fact that the hard core fans that love the first movie really welcome this one, and that for me it means the world.

Can't bank on fan love. They'll turn on you in a second.

Back