Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got around to watching this today and loved it.

Either I'm retarded or there aren't any atm ;_;

Holy ****.

I was surprised to notice the miniature buildings in it. I was thinking, no that's got to be CGI made to look like miniatures as some kind of retro nod.

They stood out as being physical, yet in one shot not quite real. Unlike good CGI which isn't physical, yet passes itself off with greater realism.

I want my own Joi. She really appealed to the internal white knight :lol T'was heartbreaking when she 'died'.

Agreed and as the most incorporeal AI character in the film I found it fascinating that she was the most "human" with regard to putting convictions above self-preservation. Until she inspired K to do the same of course.

I don't really know how to put my thoughts together on this one. Reading back through the thread you chaps did a much better job than I can seem to.

I remember being disappointed when I heard they didn't get Vangelis back for the music but I must say Zimmer and whoever he collaborated with here did a great job.

^really kicking in at 0:42, damn. Very much in keeping with the BladeRunner vibe and yet entirely new.

^completely evokes...yearning..for something that can't be

and then these that I think run directly into eachother in the film:

^ of course the original Blade Runner theme that couldn't have been reprised at a better time. It was great restraint actually to wait until the end of the film - temptation might have been to use it straight from the off (or at least as soon as you get the first cityscape shot reminiscent of the original film).

You're definitely preaching to the choir a-dev. :duff

BR 2049 couldn't exist without the original, yet at the same time it helps me appreciate the original even more. I just can't decide which I like better and therefore just lump them together as rare one/two punch of near cinematic perfection. What's nice is that 2049 is separate enough that you don't really have to binge them together to appreciate it.

Back