Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This can't be good...
Last time he tried to make a sequel to his own cult classic it ended in development hell because he was over-picky yet senseless.

Re: Ridley Scott to direct new Blade Runner film

God save us all is right. A sequel to a masterpiece work of art. Crossing my fingers that it'll be somewhat decent.

Of course it will fall short- but at least Ridley is doing it...shudder at thought of 2010 The Year We Make Contact..ughhhhhh

Yeah...
Shame this seems to come first in detriment of a Prometheus sequel. Blade Runner needs no sequel, it's a masterpiece and I have very little faith in Scott's capabilities nowadays. On the other hand, maybe the Prometheus sequel gets handed over to a different director who can make a good film out of the loose ends Scott left.

If you read the two released scripts and read some of the interviews Prometheus has no mysteries.
Scott tried to pull a David Lynch.
Lynch write complete script that are clear, then when he shoots he remove scenes, dialogues, disorder chronology.
Scott probably réalised that he gave too much away, he mudded it to make it more mysterious.
It just feel incoherent now.

We might have thought that in 1998/9. We quickly realised to lower our expectations in 2002 and 2005 though. Not that that helped much.

I never have high expectations. This way I'm never disappointed. And no, I'm not a prequel apologist. I just enjoy them for what they are....lower quality Star Wars films.

~~On topic though. I'm surprised the Blade Runner sequel is still breathing. I would've thought for sure that it would've been cancelled by now.

A Blade Runner sequel is such a bad idea, and without the nostalgia factor of having the original director doing it, it seems even more pointless. They need to put this thing back on the shelf and leave well enough alone.

I'm not sure how I feel about prequel concepts anymore. On paper it sounds fantastic, but it just seems that they can never live up to what is promised. Other than the Thing (which many people hate) I can't think of a prequel that really delivered what was promised in the beginning.

I'm not sure how I feel about prequel concepts anymore. On paper it sounds fantastic, but it just seems that they can never live up to what is promised. Other than the Thing (which many people hate) I can't think of a prequel that really delivered what was promised in the beginning.

Yeah kinda liked The Thing prequel I have to say. I actually found it a little scary.

Yeah kinda liked The Thing prequel I have to say. I actually found it a little scary.

I've not seen it yet but I really should give it a try as the original The Thing is, & has been since I was young, my favourite horror movie of all time.

I've not seen it yet but I really should give it a try as the original The Thing is, & has been since I was young, my favourite horror movie of all time.

See it. It was a good film

Blade Runner 2

Harrison Ford to Return for ‘Blade Runner’ Sequel Directed by Denis Villeneuve

Blade Runner Sequel: Harrison Ford to Return, Denis Villeneuve will Direct | Variety

Prisoners” director Denis Villeneuve is in negotiations to direct Harrison Ford in the “Blade Runner” sequel for Alcon Entertainment.

The announcement was made on Thursday.

Written by Hampton Fancher and Michael Green, the “Blade Runner” sequel will take place several decades after the 1982 original.

Ford recently said the script was the “best thing he’s ever read.” He will reprise his role as Rick Deckard in the film, which originally took place in a dystopian 2019 Los Angeles.

Ridley Scott will produce the sci-fi thriller alongside Alcon’s Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson.

“We are honored that Harrison is joining us on this journey with Denis Villeneuve, who is a singular talent, as we experienced personally on Prisoners,” Kosove and Johnson said in a joint statement. “Hampton and Michael, with Ridley Scott, have crafted a uniquely potent and faithful sequel to one of the most universally celebrated films of all time, and we couldn’t be more thrilled with this amazing, creative team.”

Villeneuve is also the Oscar-nominated director of “Incendies.” He most recently helmed Jake Gyllenhaal in “Enemy.”

Re: Blade Runner 2

So I guess they're using the original theatrical release as the basis for this follow-up, and not the version where it's implied that Deckard is a replicant?

Re: Blade Runner 2

Although not entirely onboard with this, I trust Villeneuve to be the right guy, other than Scott himself, for the gig. He's definitely one of the most interesting filmmakers working today. I loved both Prisoners and Enemy.

More excited about these news than Blomkamp directing the new Alien movie.

Back