Black Panther Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i also like the clean lines of the classic version.

IMG_9296.jpg

OMG! P1X4R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:banana:banana

Whats all this ??? Old beef between Statueforumers coming in here...CA CA.

I THINK BOTH BOWEN AND SIDESHOW'S ARE GREAT REPRESENTATION OF THE CHARACTER.ITS THE CHARACTER I CANT STAND.HATE HIM.

AND DAVE STEPHEN, CALLING A SCULPT BORING JUST CAUSE IT DOESNT HAVE SOME BLING BLING OR FANCY COLORS MAKES YOU A FOOL IN MY BOOK....:lecture

I guess you never read the Christopher Priest series?

Listen weiner cleaner, if you don't like my opinions put me on ignore. It's that simple.

What's with the texture on his costume? Is that some type of armor? Explain that, Einstein. I've never seen any type of texture on BP's costume. He wears a slick cat suit and he wore that up until the nineties, not just in the sixties, Brainiac.

I was really looking forward to this pf and it is a real disappointment. Again, put me on ignore if you don't like my valid criticisms. Plonk me, sweetheart!

BB

Yeah...definitely not getting the texture or the extra gold lines. VERY strange.

Now is it really terrible, no. You just dont like the new suit which is ok, to each his own. Also you said you have alot of sideshow collectables, I did not see many on your web site(well put together site from what I saw). You should start a new thread in the show your shelves area of this fourm.

I LOVE the Modern costume! In fact, I prefer it to the classic, but...this is not it.

Whats all this ??? Old beef between Statueforumers coming in here...CA CA.

Actually, it has nothing to do with Statue Forum or Statue Marvels. It has everything to do with Black Panther comics, which some of us actually read! The Christopher Priest Black Panther is one of my all-time favorite Marvel series. Threads, like this, make me sad, because there have been such great Marvel comics out there, that so many of you have missed. :(

I guess you never read the Christopher Priest series?

Nope, and will never read it...Hate the character with a passion. And for many reasons; Marvel making the Black Panther an invincible character who can beats anyone just to sell more comics to young African American comic readers, is being one of them.

Heres an example of what the black Panther should never be able to do...

746918-bpss_super.jpg

Nope, and will never read it...Hate the character with a passion. And for many reasons; Marvel making the Black Panther an invincible character who can beats anyone just to sell more comics to young African American comic readers, is being one of them.

Heres an example of what the black Panther should never be able to do...

746918-bpss_super.jpg

Yeah...I agree. That page is ridiculous. The Surfer can pretty much rip anyone's head off, anytime he wants, including the Hulk's!

As far as having an invincible, cool as _____, black super hero...forgive me...I don't see the downside. And, take this from a suburban white boy, who grew up in the 70s...two of my all-time favorite characters are the Black Panther & The Falcon. In all honesty, partly because of those two characters & my upbringing, I never looked down on black folks. To me BP & The Falcon were just as cool as Cap & Iron Man. Too bad that more of my age group didn't "bond" with these characters. I'd hear the word, n*gg*r, a lot less often. Thank God, today, white, suburban kids are raised in a much less racist environment.

i also like the clean lines of the classic version.

IMG_9296.jpg

I simply love that Bowen statue. Its one of my favourites from that phase. Base really adds to it.

Not a fan of the modern design maybe there will be a variant with a more classic feel (possibly a comiquette).

Listen weiner cleaner, if you don't like my opinions put me on ignore. It's that simple.

What's with the texture on his costume? Is that some type of armor? Explain that, Einstein. I've never seen any type of texture on BP's costume. He wears a slick cat suit and he wore that up until the nineties, not just in the sixties, Brainiac.
I was really looking forward to this pf and it is a real disappointment. Again, put me on ignore if you don't like my valid criticisms. Plonk me, sweetheart!

BB

I dont know for sure what Sideshow intended, but I can say that YES, it is some sort of armor. Black Panther's suit is crafted out of vibranium. Vibranium is a unique marvel metal that when hit with any kinetic force it absorbs a portion of the kinetic energy causing the blow to be lessened and sending out a ripple across the surface of the metal.

I believe the impact causes a shimmer effect. So, perhaps the texture is supposed to demonstrate that the suit is made of vibranuim and not simple cloth. Its also safe to say, that no comic artist would/could take the time to constantly draw a textured rippling suit, and its just easier to go all smooth black.

BB

No need to revert to name calling. I stated earlier that I preferred the cleaner look produced by Bowens over this and that I was happy with that being my BP. He is not a character I would want multiple pieces of.

I simply do not like reading that a sculptors work is "crap" or Looks terrible". Again I understand your not happy with the costume choice but if you know anything about SS they will be producing a Dio, a comiquette and an LSB on this character. I am sure one of those will satisfy your needs.

Next time drop the name calling.:cool:

Now is it really terrible, no. You just dont like the new suit which is ok, to each his own. Also you said you have alot of sideshow collectables, I did not see many on your web site(well put together site from what I saw). You should start a new thread in the show your shelves area of this fourm.

I haven't updated my site in several years. I've been too busy with other projects but there are a bunch of SS products I've liked and purchased including:

Thor PF
Iron Man PF
Cap Am PF
Namor PF (except the face- LOL ______-______-______)
Cap Am lsb
Daredevil lsb
Thor lsb
Sabretooth lsb
She-Hulk 'quette
Black Cat 'quette
Other Marvel stuff to numerous to mention
Tons of Universal Monster products; 12", pf, 1:1 scale busts, etc.
Jaws
Many Planet of the Apes figures
Many Star Wars 12", Tusken Raider pf, etc.

I'm a Sideshow collector with an opinion.

BB

I dont know for sure what Sideshow intended, but I can say that YES, it is some sort of armor. Black Panther's suit is crafted out of vibranium. Vibranium is a unique marvel metal that when hit with any kinetic force it absorbs a portion of the kinetic energy causing the blow to be lessened and sending out a ripple across the surface of the metal.

I believe the impact causes a shimmer effect. So, perhaps the texture is supposed to demonstrate that the suit is made of vibranuim and not simple cloth. Its also safe to say, that no comic artist would/could take the time to constantly draw a textured rippling suit, and its just easier to go all smooth black.

If no comic artist ever took the time to draw the texture of his "armor" then how do you know what it looks like?

Black Panther wears a black catsuit leotard that is traditionally shown with blue highlights.

I really was looking forward to a BP PF or comiquette to sit alonside my other Marvel PFs. He is a very cool looking character and you can't go wrong with the classic look. I'd even be okay with the modern version if this looked like the modern version!

They should have given us the classic catsuit figure and a variant or exclusive with attachable bling and cape.

It's obvious by reading this thread that there isn't too much excitement for this piece. Many that say they like it then say they won't buy it. LOL

BB

No need to revert to name calling. I stated earlier that I preferred the cleaner look produced by Bowens over this and that I was happy with that being my BP. He is not a character I would want multiple pieces of.

I simply do not like reading that a sculptors work is "crap" or Looks terrible". Again I understand your not happy with the costume choice but if you know anything about SS they will be producing a Dio, a comiquette and an LSB on this character. I am sure one of those will satisfy your needs.

Next time drop the name calling.:cool:

Well, he is a character that I want multiple pieces of, hence the strong opinions.

I have the utmost respect for all of the artists that create these collectibles. It has more to do with the decisions and choices that are made at the corporate level. Someone overseeing this figure had to decide on what costume to portray and how to depict it. I fully understand the artist/sculptor is answering to someone.

I have a bunch of Marvel Comics with the Black Panther in them and he's NEVER looked like this. I'm sorry but that is the truth.

And if you are not interested in this character, to be honest, your opinion has little merit. I can assure you I will never complain about how Venom or Carnage are depicted in any sculpted form.

BB

I can understand your passion for the character. I was disappointed with the Bullseye comiquette and am still waiting for the Spider-man that will end my search for the one.

But you do have a tendency to dismiss other opinions and artists who have many fans on here.

Back