Premium Format Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format. Link to Buy in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is fraud. That's just the simple fact of it all. You're claiming something that wasn't broke was. It's a bad deal as I said for everyone that the pegs on the new bodies won't fit. The customer is losing out on an awesome statue and SS is losing out on $ they have to refund.

Josh, the only money ssc would lose is in the eventuality of insurance premium increases. They have insurance for all of their contracts. Remember, this a business. Additionally, as I've stated before here, I don't see how they can legitimately have 'replacements' for limited edition products. How does that make any sense? As an artist, if there are 500 prints, that's all there is. Period. This replacement scenario they started a few years ago is bollocks as far as i'm concerned. It used to be that if you had a damaged product and weren't happy, your only choice was to destroy it and get a refund, or live with it as is. Your unending concerns for ssc's welfare are unfounded I'm afraid...

Josh, the only money ssc would lose is in the eventuality of insurance premium increases. They have insurance for all of their contracts. Remember, this a business. Additionally, as I've stated before here, I don't see how they can legitimately have 'replacements' for limited edition products. How does that make any sense? As an artist, if there are 500 prints, that's all there is. Period. This replacement scenario they started a few years ago is bollocks as far as i'm concerned. It used to be that if you had a damaged product and weren't happy, your only choice was to destroy it and get a refund, or live with it as is. Your unending concerns for ssc's welfare are unfounded I'm afraid...

What does insurance have to do with any of this? :dunno These collectibles companies make extras in case an item breaks as to replace it and then the items are destroyed (you can see what I had to do with my Arwen head sculpts) Well, they've been doing replacements for as long as I've been collecting them, and that's going on for nearly a decade now.

What does insurance have to do with any of this? :dunno These collectibles companies make extras in case an item breaks as to replace it and then the items are destroyed (you can see what I had to do with my Arwen head sculpts) Well, they've been doing replacements for as long as I've been collecting them, and that's going on for nearly a decade now.

Dude, it has everything to do with your continual claims that they are losing money because of these QC problems. They aren't as I'm pretty sure that their insurance covers these issues. I've been doing this as well for a long time. Your reference, Arwen, is this year. When I had a QC problem with my ghost rider statue they said that they didn't produce extras and that my choice was to keep it or get a refund. That was years ago and these replacement options seemed to show up thereafter. Say what you will my friend, but this is what I know.

Well, you're speculating as much as I am on the insurance thing. However, I'm pretty darn sure I'm much closer to the truth. As far as replacements go I know 110% I'm right on that. Without both us sounding like, "yes they do" "no they don't" :lol I know they've been offering replacement piece or statues since I've collecting Sideshow items.

Last edited:
It´s the last item I´ll buy from Sideshow. They missed me as a customer.

Last edited:
Who is suggesting fraud? I'm not even sure where you are reading this. I noted they still have this piece in stock. Why don't they send a completely new statue out and let the guy keep the exclusive parts? I guess that would make a frankenstein of a piece. Plus for foreign buyers they are getting screwed by SS QC issues. A 50 dollar credit is a joke and a full refund impossible given the customs and shipping costs foreign buyers must pay.

So SS orders replacement parts from China and they mess those up as well so SS says, screw it, here's 50 bucks. That's a proper response in your opinion? Make it right. None of the issues are the buyer's fault. They need to sculpt pieces that can withstand shipping better, package products better, and deal with factor paint issues (the hardest of the lot) to deal with what must be skyrocketing costs from all of these mistakes.

In Spain this is fraud, I guess, even I thing Sideshow might be sued for that policy, if Total refund is not Statue + Shipping + Customs , I payed 428$ for the statue including shipping and customs, they offer me a 10% discount for a faulty statue, come on, it´s hilarious.

Anyone else received the mail with the "Non replacement" subject ?

Last edited:
I´m Spain this is fraud, I guess, even I thing Sideshow might be sued for that policy, if Total refund is not Statue + Shipping + Customs , I payed 428$ for the statue including shipping and customs, they offer me a 10% discount for a faulty statue, come on, it´s hilarious.

Anyone else received the mail with the "Non replacement" subject ?

Reading things how are you, makes you think and much seriousness as a company, that's not a solution for the customer.

It is outrageous that only offer you 50 dollars, a figure that has come defective.

I hope you are given the option of a full refund, but that if including customs fees in your country.

Not sure if this has been said before but to me the Black Orc of Mordor (with the Orc Hide Helm custom mod) looks like one of the wizzard-orcs from War in the North.

Not sure if this has been said before but to me the Black Orc of Mordor (with the Orc Hide Helm custom mod) looks like one of the wizzard-orcs from War in the North.

Can you post some pics please Boromir?

I would to see how he looks compared to these.

DSC01897_B.jpg

DSC01904_B.jpg

DSC01909.jpg

:duff
Bill

I took the 50$ and I will try to repair the statue myself, It´s the only choice to keep the ex, moreover the return process is a mess, begging to customs for a refund. Last statue ordered to sideshow ever

assquality.jpg

Last edited:
I took the 50$ and I will try to repair the statue myself.

I'm in the same boat myself Elfstone. :wave

What a mess. :slap

My Orc body repair looks okay, just need a replacement open mouth head and no one would ever know there was ever a problem.

Before:

SS_BlackOrc_Arm_Right.jpg

Now:

DSC01930_adjusted.jpg

Could not be without this piece in my PF collection.

Best of luck with your repair Elfstone. :wink1:

Bill

You guys are nuts keeping those broken pieces when you paid for new statues.

You have a fair point gagaliya :wave and if it were possible, I would have been happier with a replacement. :(

But that is not possible with this piece, due to issues with the ill fit to the base of the recast replacement pieces SS got made. :(

Even the reg body does not fit correctly to the Ex base. :cuckoo:

The way I see it, it's the only way I'm going to have the Ex. version without having to have to pay through the nose for it (on the secondary market). :(

I am getting a replacement head and the damage to the body I have repaired so you can't even see it. :)

So even though $50 is less than I think if fair, it's better than a full refund and no Black Orc Ex PF. :wink1:

Bill

I´m not going to buy another Sideshow piece, its business is done with me.

Never say never Elfstone :wink1:

I think Sideshow still have a lot to offer in the future. :pray:

Ringwraith on Steed for one and the Maquette/Statue 1/6 line is off the charts IMHO. :)

Bill

What's the drama about damaged statues?
Sideshow has one of the best, if not THE best, customer support.
When I had to get my replacements for Arwen it was no problem to get them and shipping was free + no tax.

What's the drama about damaged statues?
Sideshow has one of the best, if not THE best, customer support.
When I had to get my replacements for Arwen it was no problem to get them and shipping was free + no tax.

There seems to be an issue on this one.

Sideshow note below:

"Recently, we have received an allotment of replacement bodies for this piece. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, we have found that these new replacement bodies do not fit properly into the base for the figure. Because of this, we will not be able to provide you with a Black Orc replacement body. We understand the disappointment this may cause you and we want to work with you to make it right.

If you decide to keep your Black Orc Premium Format Figure we can offer you a $50.00 partial refund directly to the credit card on the order or we can apply the credit directly to any future or pending order. Just provide an order number or item that you want to order and we can get everything taken care of for you. "

Bill

Oh that sucks. But wouldn't it be possible to prepare the base to make the new body fit? If it's only the pin on the Orc's foot which doesn't fit you'd just have to drill the hole a bit.

Back