biker scout & speeder upgrade

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damn what awesome Biker Scouts and love the bike repaints. Keep seeing all these awesome scout riders and bikes and I get excited working on mine but then wary mine won`t cut the mustard along all these awesome figures on this site.
It`s taking that step on repainting the bike that worries me the most lol.

Re-painting the Speeder is a LOT easier than it looks , big Guy ! The simple way is to dis-assemble the bike ( very straightforward ), base coat with a black auto primer spray can and then add your top coat . If you don't own an airbrush , you can "mist" this with a spray can ( just a matter of finding a good match ) or even do it the old fashioned way with a wide , flat brush . Just make sure you use thin coats to allow the black undercoat to show through in areas of shadow and wear . It's not rocket science , just take your time and above all , enjoy it !

Tayima model paints do a nice brown spray that I used for mine
Once u decide to go for it you won't regret it
It looks so much better repainted as it loses some of thT toy appearance

Having said that I need to re do my
Engine etc

Thank`s thundergod and sithlord13. Oh I`m not regretting the idea to repaint them after seeing the amazing jobs you guys have done on in this forum. Moreso it`s that initial step lol
I don`t have an airbrush but the spray mist sounds like an idea.

So what colour brown or grey spray paint is best then?

Whoaaah... Really want to have one of these custom..
Anyone would like to sell one to me :p

Btw.. What's the best ttm for this custom? I have 1 spare TTM14 would it fit?

Whoaaah... Really want to have one of these custom..
Anyone would like to sell one to me :p

Btw.. What's the best ttm for this custom? I have 1 spare TTM14 would it fit?

Check out ebay , speeder bikes are not uncommon and relatively cheap . Unfortunately , they tend to be the Luke or Leia versions . Building up your own Trooper is an option , though at the moment , sourceing all the parts might be problematic !

Check out ebay , speeder bikes are not uncommon and relatively cheap . Unfortunately , they tend to be the Luke or Leia versions . Building up your own Trooper is an option , though at the moment , sourceing all the parts might be problematic !

Yeah.. I'm planning to build scout trooper custom from hasbro one, and tomy helmet, but just want to make sure wheter TTM14 (gambit) would suit it.. Since i have 1 extra TTM14 on me.. And what other extra stuffs do i need?

But if anyone would like to sell their custom made scout trooper it would be much better :p

Read some different opinions on various threads about the size of the helmets. Some say, Hasbro's too big, some say Tomy's too small.
%27%27SW%20in%20Concert%27%27%20Biker%20and%20Lightning%20Bear.jpg

Here's a movie still. What are your opinions?

I think it`s going to boil down to what you like rather than peers (due to two camps of thought).
Alternativley you could use BOTH after all humans have different size heads.

Yeah.. I'm planning to build scout trooper custom from hasbro one, and tomy helmet, but just want to make sure wheter TTM14 (gambit) would suit it.. Since i have 1 extra TTM14 on me.. And what other extra stuffs do i need?

But if anyone would like to sell their custom made scout trooper it would be much better :p

The TTM14 should work just fine . You probably need to replace the "cummerbund " and pouches , but Vivisect ( who made some excellent fabric pieces ) is not available at the moment . Maybe you could get away with the Hasbro pieces with a little tweaking , but you'd definately need a new bodysuit . Some think the Tomy helmet superior , but I personally think it's too small . But as stated above , that's a matter of taste . ( Although I am right ! ):lol

Back