biker scout & speeder upgrade

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barryo

Dealer of Death
Reaction score
well i have the biker scout finished, for now. hopefully going to get a waist band from vivisect when he offers them again & going to replace the pouches with some cloth ones. i havent started the bike yet but will update this thread when i do.
anyway...........recipie:
body - slim true type
armor - original hasbro from the speeder bike set
helmet - tomy.......via patient zero.......shout out to PZ....:rock
pouches - hasbro snowtrooper (replacing eventually)
gloves - in my part box that i added some details to
boots - newline & added a strap across & painted (i liked ryan's so i stole his idea....:angelsmil)
pants - ssc anakin clone wars dyed black. got that idea from ryan too to add a bulkier look.
hood/mask - bought from toy anxiety
Picture031.jpg

Picture032-1.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture017-2.jpg

i had never thought of taking this project on until i saw some of you guy's custom scouts. then i just had to.............thanks for the inspiration my fellow freaks.......:rock

Last edited:
If I only had the space for a speeder bike.....A scout without bike wouldnt do it for me.

The trooper looks mighty fine...Thumbs up!!!

Awesome. It is great to see how everyone looks at each others bashes for ideas and then adds them to theirs. Looking good barryo. :D

Excellent job, barryo! :rock I'm jealous of all you guys and your cool custom Scouts. Hopefully SS will get around to one soon.

Of all the various Imperial troopers these guys have always been among my favorites. I love what you have going here, it looks great.

Do you have to alter either the head or helmet in order for it fit?

thanks everyone.
bottlerocket, i actually had to dremmel the head to fit the helmet. couldnt stand the idea of altering the helmet as opposed to the head itself. and while the biker helmet has the cool feature of a flip top visor, i will rarely/never display it up so the portriat doesnt really matter. thats the O.T. elitist in me not wanting to see the face of any troopers.......:lol..........:peace

so cool.

Gotta get some baggy slacks for my two.

After seeing Ryan's and now Barryo's I think that's a very cool detail that looks fantastic. I have an extra pair of both the Bespin Luke & Rebel Fleet Trooper pants. If I dye them will the thread dye also? If not I better pick up something darker.

After seeing Ryan's and now Barryo's I think that's a very cool detail that looks fantastic. I have an extra pair of both the Bespin Luke & Rebel Fleet Trooper pants. If I dye them will the thread dye also? If not I better pick up something darker.

That will depend on the thread, If the thread used is polyester which is more common than cotton thread it may not dye so well, if it was a darker color already it would be less of a problem. One thing that works great for dying things black is that liquid boot dye/polish that comes in the bottles with the sponge tip. It will dye even the thread, it has a bit of wax in it so after you dye it you will need to rinse it really good under hot water and let it dry, then repeat if it needs a touch up. This will work better than standard clothes dye, as sometimes lighter colored stuff takes forever to get a real black out of it, and even then it will look blue under certain lighting..

I found an eBay seller that has some great jumpsuits in different styles really cheap, I think they are dark blue but they should be easy to dye black.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-1-6-BDU...mQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cedd6de62b

https://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-1-6-BDU...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efc4bce4d

https://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-1-6-BDU...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efd406da0

Great work on the Scout (s) on the board , this guy has always been on my "grail " list of Hasbro's . One thing though , have you ever considered hiding the holes in the armour where the elastic is attached ? I did this with my Hasbro clones and it's easy enough . Just fill them with an epoxy filler like Milliput ( normal filler will just crack) and re-attach new elastic on the interior . Improves the look of the elbow and knee pieces no end . Again , great work .

Great work on the Scout (s) on the board , this guy has always been on my "grail " list of Hasbro's . One thing though , have you ever considered hiding the holes in the armour where the elastic is attached ? I did this with my Hasbro clones and it's easy enough . Just fill them with an epoxy filler like Milliput ( normal filler will just crack) and re-attach new elastic on the interior . Improves the look of the elbow and knee pieces no end . Again , great work .

i really had not thought of doing that but i might consider doing that in the future. thanks for the input & the idea.

little update for the scout..................
received viv's cumberbund/pouch set.......(excellent work btw.....:clap)
and sanded down the sandtrooper shoulder bells & replaced the originals.......(much better looking)
Picture045.jpg

barryo, your scout looks great! got a nice natural looking pose. i like it. pouches and soulder bells look good!

Looks amazing... gotta love Scouts!!.

Hey Ryan did you spray up your speeder? I am trying to do some but just can not get a good colour match!!!

Mark

i really had not thought of doing that but i might consider doing that in the future. thanks for the input & the idea.

Don't be too quick to do so Barryo , it's been pointed out to me that the biker scout actually HAS the holes in the armour for the straps ! :slap

Back