Walmart 12" Hasbro Speeder Bike Makeover

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddylee

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Picked up the Walmart Hasbro 12” Speeder bike some time ago and decided to give it a makeover. From what I can see, it looks similar in size to the Sideshow Speeder Bike, maybe just a bit shorter on the back end. Otherwise it looked like it could be a good upgrade compared to the old Hasbro 12” Speeder Bike I used for my Sideshow Biker Scout.

Here are the modifications I made.

- Replaced handlebars and foot pedal frame with old Hasbro bike parts with additional modifications
- Cut out the engine area from the new bike and kitbashed using old Hasbro bike parts such as the tubes, intake, etc.
- Removed the gap between the forks and main body of the new bike and added additional details in the forks
- Broke apart the brake flaps and attached the flap hinges from the old Hasbro bike
- New paint and weathering
- Replaced the plastic molded cloth roll and added straps
- Took the hinge from the old Hasbro bike stand and mounted it to the sideshow figure stand using an acrylic rod.

Not a bad alternative to the Sideshow Speeder Bike and the bike set cost me $10! I was really impressed with the proportions and quality of the details. Some pics of the bike taken from Walmart’s site and the final modded bike below. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• SB01.jpg
    SB01.jpg
    581 KB · Views: 229
  • SB02.jpg
    SB02.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 225
  • SB04.JPG
    SB04.JPG
    381.8 KB · Views: 220
  • SB05.JPG
    SB05.JPG
    472.7 KB · Views: 220
  • SB06.JPG
    SB06.JPG
    429.8 KB · Views: 216
  • SB07.JPG
    SB07.JPG
    435.5 KB · Views: 219
  • SB08.JPG
    SB08.JPG
    474.4 KB · Views: 216
  • SB10.JPG
    SB10.JPG
    411.8 KB · Views: 215
  • SB11.JPG
    SB11.JPG
    391.9 KB · Views: 214
  • SB12.JPG
    SB12.JPG
    378.7 KB · Views: 215
  • SB13.JPG
    SB13.JPG
    363.6 KB · Views: 221
  • SB15.JPG
    SB15.JPG
    403.6 KB · Views: 212
  • SB16.JPG
    SB16.JPG
    452.6 KB · Views: 214
Nicely finished! But the Walmart bike is really just the brown main body, and all the finer details/engine/mechanics are the hasbro?

The 12" bike was one of the best pieces Hasbro ever did in that scale.

Nicely finished! But the Walmart bike is really just the brown main body, and all the finer details/engine/mechanics are the hasbro?

The 12" bike was one of the best pieces Hasbro ever did in that scale.

This is the new speederbike a tad smaller and far less detailed than the original Hasbro speederbike that came in the diorama package. Well done with he makeover!

I like that there are details that are correct on this version which sideshow missed, like the bent engine flaps and the bowed stabilizers on the two arms with the steering vanes.

This is the new speederbike a tad smaller and far less detailed than the original Hasbro speederbike that came in the diorama package. Well done with he makeover!

I like that there are details that are correct on this version which sideshow missed, like the bent engine flaps and the bowed stabilizers on the two arms with the steering vanes.

I did a major customization of the Hasbro bike, but the one thing that bugs me is the brown main body parts are too big, and there's not much you can do about it. This new Hasbro speeder bike looks like the engine parts, handlebars etc. are junk, but the brown main body parts looks great size/proportion and detail-wise.

I'm thinking I'll just do what buddylee did - tear off all my customized engine, handebars, skids etc from my modded Hasbro and glue them onto the smaller brown body of this new bike. Not as big of a job as you'd think - I know these bikes back-to-front now.:lol

I did a major customization of the Hasbro bike, but the one thing that bugs me is the brown main body parts are too big, and there's not much you can do about it. This new Hasbro speeder bike looks like the engine parts, handlebars etc. are junk, but the brown main body parts looks great size/proportion and detail-wise.

I'm thinking I'll just do what buddylee did - tear off all my customized engine, handebars, skids etc from my modded Hasbro and glue them onto the smaller brown body of this new bike. Not as big of a job as you'd think - I know these bikes back-to-front now.:lol

Looking forward to that too!

There is one thing that's not too obvious from most pics...the bike body gets very narrow were the seat is to accommodate the 5point of articulation figure when he is in the "standing on the pedals" position ...

Looking forward to that too!

There is one thing that's not too obvious from most pics...the bike body gets very narrow were the seat is to accommodate the 5point of articulation figure when he is in the "standing on the pedals" position ...

Yeah, I noticed that - will have to do some surgery using the Hasbro seat.

What's interesting - that every version of the bike gets wrong - is that the seat isn't black, it's brown. It's pretty much the same color brown as the body of the bike, yet every single toy, model or collectible over the years shows it as black.

Back