biker scout & speeder upgrade

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks everyone....:)

ryan i think you pretty much refined the look people strive for now.

thundergod, i actually did some looking myself & saw that the other armor was pretty spot on so i just wanted to change the shoulder bells only.

too kind barry. i think bill might be sending me one of these sets so my scouts gona be getting an upgrade here soon.

mark, i painted one of the speeders a while ago and just winged it on the brown i used. think it was a mix of a couple colors.

Yes , when I checked , the Hasbro armour IS pretty accurate . I'd done the "hole filling" on my Hasbro Clonetroopers and just assumed the Scout armour suffered from the same innacuracy . ( Don't worry , I sent myself to bed early with no supper as punishment ).:rotfl

After seeing Ryan's and now Barryo's I think that's a very cool detail that looks fantastic. I have an extra pair of both the Bespin Luke & Rebel Fleet Trooper pants. If I dye them will the thread dye also? If not I better pick up something darker.

I have a spare Bespin Luke uniform I can experiment on... I'm getting a biker scout next weekend so I'll likely need to try it out anyway.

edit: just picked him up
P1090176.jpg

and did a quick body-swap
P1090177.jpg

Last edited:
So, here we go. I have him on a TTL 2.0 with the dyed Bespin Luke gear. I gave him a balaclava from and old G.I. Joe and sewed some black material on the bottom of the shirt to hide the gap. The "hardware" is all from the original figure. Oh yeah, the glove-hands are from a HotToys figure.
P1090181.jpg

P1090182.jpg

the threads from the Bespin outfit didn't take the dye 100% BUT I went easy on the dye so that could have something to do with it.

The besbin suit looks good on him. I wouldnt worry about the thread, they use nylon/polyester threat that is strong and doesn't rot, but it doesnt take dye for anything. one thing that will usually work is using that liquid leather polish/dye in the bottle with the sponge tip, you can do the whole suit up with it then when it drys, rinse really good under really hot water, it will usually dye the tread along with the suit.

finally got around to weathering the speeder..............after about 2 hours here's what i came up with.............
1-2.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

i am so glad to have another project checked off the list.................unfortunately it really didn't put a dent in the list.........:(

note:..........im going to come up with something to cover the screw heads at the back/engine section.......that kinda looks out of place.

Great work Barryo , I'm getting ready to do the same thing with my speeder . Does it come apart easily !

thanks guys.
thundergod.........yes quite easily. 4 screws in the bottom, & 4 screws at the back. once the top part comes off there are 3 screws that hold the front forks in place to the bottom fuselage. oh & one screw for the front stabilizer. taking it apart makes the job a lot easier.

mmm....might have to give my spare bike a repaint, though painting with the thought of wrecking it is scary
just give it a go............think paint smart if that makes any sense. i just took a rag with brown paint & went over all the brown parts...........then scuffed it up a bit with sandpaper...........the rivets were done with a gold paint pen that turns out a brass color..........and the some parts like pistons with a silver paint pen. then after all that dulcoat it......thats what makes the big difference like it is really a used looking speeder. just envision it flying past branches and bushes and scratching the hell out of it........(well thats how i approached it.........yep im a weirdo......:lol)

That speederbike is superb looking barryo, I like the painted handles and the back flaps

thanks jkno........it was a fun project.

Back