Big Chief Studios BBC Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the iminime figure painted by SilentSurfer. I think he brought a bit more of the likeness out. I'm really eager to see Rahmier84's repaint of the BCS Sherlock, so we can really appreciate the sculpt in all of it's glory.

Awesome pics! That stare can kill! :lol

I'm really eager to see Rahmier84's repaint of the BCS Sherlock, so we can really appreciate the sculpt in all of it's glory.

Me too, a repaint is what I'm betting on, Trevor's sculpt is top-notch (the hair not as well defined as the iMiniMe version is the only drawback IMHO, which is minor).

Last edited:
I´m trying real hard to convince myself that the one from BBC is actually better than the one from Iminime...
But I just can´t! My eyes refuses to lie to me.
How are you guys doing?

I think the Iminime custom is of higher quality and the sculpt is more realistic but looks less like the actor.
I also think the tailoring is better but the choice of materials for the coat is wrong and throws it off as well. Sherlock does not wear a thin trenchcoat.

(I also prefer the silky purple shirt of the BCS Sherlock and have the tie open specifically so that shows... but that is very much personal preference)

So who wins? A better quality figure that looks less like the actor with the wrong coat, or a slightly more cartoony looking sculpt and an overcoat with a more correct look but that is too thick at 1/6 scale ? :D :D

Congrats to the 20 people that scored one of those customs and were happy to pay US$450 for it.

Stock figure from iMinime. No mods. Just added 1/6 violin.

133854qtfzs9cloff69c9e.jpg

133935cuaikbruu3kupadk.jpg

133957opqeup81q9gfz7gc.jpg

I just saw that on Facebook today! I guess the blog is too new to check on. Lol. I knew Mycroft was coming from hints, but it's great to see the sculpt! I'm probably sold on Moriarty, but I'm definitely getting a Mycroft!

Mycroft?!?! But why? Moriarty maybe, but I really would have liked to see another version of Sherlock and John like the improved limited run they did with their 10th Doctor. Or would really have liked them to announce a 9th Doctor Eccleston.

Hopefully they make The Woman next. I'm not sure I'd buy anyone else other than those five total. And that's three more than I thought I'd buy before I got Sherlock and Watson. I mean... Mrs. Hudson is great but I'm not sure I NEED her in 1/6 scale. :)

Hopefully they make The Woman next. I'm not sure I'd buy anyone else other than those five total. And that's three more than I thought I'd buy before I got Sherlock and Watson. I mean... Mrs. Hudson is great but I'm not sure I NEED her in 1/6 scale. :)

Molly and The Woman and Mary.

I'm kind of amazed sales of Sherlock and Watson are strong enough for a Mycroft figure. I was under the impressions sales were soft, due to the fact that they didn't sell out and that they dropped their "exclusive" distribution and offered them through Diamond.

Personally I thought Moriarty was pushing the boat out, so Mycroft is a bit of a surprise. Though, I suppose, they may well be banking on the fact that having one of the co-creators of the show being represented (and doing a signed edition) will take the overall appeal that one step further, beyond that of just being an 'ordinary' supporting character. Either way, I suppose that explains why Gatiss was tweeting about his cancelled Doctor Who CO figure a little while back.

Also, perhaps Big Chief's releases, despite the time it often seems to takes to sell out the whole batch, are actually doing a lot better in terms of profit margins that any of us suspect...

Back