Big Chief Studios BBC Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's because we Aussies don't pay customs charges on any personal (non-business) imported purchases that have a total cost (item plus shipping, converted into local currency) of less than a thousand Australian dollars. Which is a blessing when we pay some of the highest shipping costs in the world. Swings and roundabouts, as they say. Mind you, go over the threshold amount and you'll feel the custom charge bite just as hard as anywhere else, believe me. Still, for us collectors, that custom free import threshold really is a gift.

True, of course .... but I think people (in some cases at least) are talking about courier company fees, not gov/custom charges/duties.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Our politicians are just waiting for an excuse to lower the threshold, ie, once they find a model that'd make the collection of taxes/duties worth the expense of implementing it :(

Definitely ...but they're always going to struggle with it because everything gets marked as gift anyway. Even when I ASK sellers to mark things properly (cause why wouldn't you here?) I see it arrive marked as gift with little or no value, just because they are so used to doing that for all their sales.

everyone has made great points! I think the nail being hit on the head is the slight difference between seasons for Cumberbatch's look. If I had a spare $600 laying about, I'd HAPPILY get both... but since that ain't a thang... I'm very happy to have BC's. I am currently attempting to insert wires into BC overcoat... I shall keep you all posted!!

Bottom line... SO happy there's a lot of Sherlock love out there!!

Dude.. someone already corrected you that it was $450, not $600. :gah: :lol

Does this piece have to be imported from the uk or will a us retailer be carrying it soon?

Okay, I've never actually done a body swap before, so a quick question to the experts, if I may. How difficult is it to attach a Big Chief head to a truetype body? Is there anything special I need to do or be aware of before thinking about making such a switch?

Keep in mind that I haven't actually purchased the new body yet, so I have no idea at this point whether my question is bleedingly obvious, or actually has some merit to it. :lol

Many thanks to anyone who can throw any basic tips my way.

Thanks. Had no idea if the connectors were the compatible, or if they would require some form of modification first. Many thanks.

3a594a20fc5b3d56e45727e27ea3633e.jpg

I'm pretty sure that if you did a proper side by side comparison, with packaging, accessories, having both figures properly futzed and asked some laypeople which one was the $450 figure and which one was the $200, most would say the BCS was $450.

I'm pretty sure that if you did a proper side by side comparison, with packaging, accessories, having both figures properly futzed and asked some laypeople which one was the $450 figure and which one was the $200, most would say the BCS was $450.

Ehhhhhhhhh...

Sorry, even with the BCS version crumpled up like an old crone with badly adjusted clothing, I still think it looks better. Chiefly, because it looks like Cumberbatch. That's not to knock the craftsmanship on display with the other. The coat looks nice there and less raincoat like than before (although maybe the fuzziness of the image helps) but I think it just proves that different people see likenesses different ways. I know there are people who think the custom likeness is superior... but I'm just not one of them.

Even with my years around collectibles, I have to say the level of passion and devotion displayed in this thread is something rare to see, and very admirable, some strong strong love

Chiefly, because it looks like Cumberbatch.

Spot on Jon! All the rarity, paint, tailoring and inflated prices in the world can't get over the fact that if you want a figure that looks like the character there's only one available and that's BC's version.

Even with my years around collectibles, I have to say the level of passion and devotion displayed in this thread is something rare to see, and very admirable, some strong strong love

Definitely. BCS started a business in a recession to bring us characters from beloved franchises that no one else will touch, which have turned out be very close in quality to figures produced by companies with much longer track records who are based in the Orient... what's not to love!

Back