Big Chief Studios BBC Sherlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i agree pixletwin. it looks like a stylised version of Sherlock. i love it i do, i would buy no question but not at the prices flippers want, no way. so will be very happy to get BCS ver! that sans coat and shoulder-less looking body seems vastly superior.

and on that topic, kinda want to email them before i order and ask them if they can please check to make sure the one they send me doesnt suffer from the dread paint rub on the nose....

went to a Japanese grocery store that has a lil bookstore attached, got a vol of the Sherlock manga! so cool. untranslated but i read there will be a usa release. art rocks!

any retail store owners know how far into sept until Sherlock is instock?

Since the BC/Iminime comparisons are already kicking in this thread, I thought I would post these pics of SilentSurfer's paint on the sculpt.

I thought my BCS figure was a $500 garbage but now looking at SS work on Curly Fu I'm ready to incinerate it :lol

I was very tempted by the Iminime Sherlock. There is no question that even the standard paint is far superior to the factory paint on the BCS. The likeness is very different, but I have to say on par with Trevor's for BCS, both are excellent sculpts.

I'm tempted myself to get a BSC sherlock and send the head in to get it modded and repainted, still waiting to see if iminime will make a full on release. But posting those SS pics here man, it just punches all the BSC sherlock owners in the gut! :lol

That's because we Aussies don't pay customs charges on any personal (non-business) imported purchases that have a total cost (item plus shipping, converted into local currency) of less than a thousand Australian dollars. Which is a blessing when we pay some of the highest shipping costs in the world. Swings and roundabouts, as they say. Mind you, go over the threshold amount and you'll feel the custom charge bite just as hard as anywhere else, believe me. Still, for us collectors, that custom free import threshold really is a gift.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Our politicians are just waiting for an excuse to lower the threshold, ie, once they find a model that'd make the collection of taxes/duties worth the expense of implementing it :(

I'm tempted myself to get a BSC sherlock and send the head in to get it modded and repainted, still waiting to see if iminime will make a full on release. But posting those SS pics here man, it just punches all the BSC sherlock owners in the gut! :lol

The SS/IMiniMe version might have a wonderful paint job but at least the BCS version looks like Cumberbatch. Theirs doesn't - there is a passing resemblance, but the sculpt, which we all thought was incredible unpainted, obviously doesn't capture something about Cumberbatch as well as Trevor's/ It's from the top pf the nose upwards, like I said and others have said, it looks like a figure of a professional Cumberbatch lookalike rather than the real thing. It just doesn't capture his unusual features. The BCS one does. Reall y happy to own a figure that looks like the character its meant to be rather than one that doesn't, no matter how nice the paint job!

A good idea, not sure about the going rate for repainting the head, any idea? And yes a wider release of the iMiniMe version would be awesome.

A good idea, not sure about the going rate for repainting the head, any idea? And yes a wider release of the iMiniMe version would be awesome.

A good professional one should be in the neighbourhood of $150 to $200 depending on the artist.

tax and other fees kabayan 500$ smh so many times with a broken leg and nose rub. I have it all

Oh man that really sucks. Do you still live in the Pines? I wouldn't trust anything by Philippine mail. Those guys treat mail as if they were soccer balls! :horror

Oh man that really sucks. Do you still live in the Pines? I wouldn't trust anything by Philippine mail. Those guys treat mail as if they were soccer balls! :horror

yes and I'll never leave :lol. I never really have a problem with ordinary mail. It's the couriers that automatically screw me.

what are the chances of a wide release of the iMiniMe version? thought it being a exclusive would stop that form ever happening etc

I would definitely pay more for the wide release taking into the account of a royalty.

Back