Big Chief Studios - Moriarty (Sherlock) 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as futzing goes, that's a pretty bollocks effort.

Now I realise why their futzing is so terrible - it's the crappy coat he comes with.

Mine has arrived and here are a couple straight-from-the-box, iphone pics:

IMG_7139.JPG

IMG_7140.JPG

From what I'd seen so far, I was ready to be very disappointed with this figure. Turns out, I'm just averagely disappointed.

The sculpt and paint are better (don't take the iphone pictures as any kind of yard stick). The paint is a vast improvement over their Sherlock. However, in hand, it's still nowhere near as good as the images on the first page of this thread. Still flat.

The clothes are going to take a LOT of futzing. The coat especially. They're not great quality either. A step down from Sherlock and Watson.

The body on mine is TERRIBLE. He can't stand up on his own and one leg is loose, the other tight. Also, because he has a bad body and he's wearing a shirt, jacket and coat - arm articulation is next to nothing. I will have to change the body.

The accessories made me smile - the pocket knife, apple, teacup and saucer and gun etc. My one also came with an extra pink shirt and another tie - can't remember if they all come with that or they're early exclusive items.

As with all BCS items I own - the box art is SUPERB. It's the best part of their range, IMO.

BCS are frustrating because if they lifted their quality on the sculpt and clothes, they'd be a real contender. As it stands, I personally feel they're still subpar figures. It's on the right track though. They either need to lift the quality further or lower the ridiculous prices.

Overall, I'm glad I have it, but do feel I paid way more than I should have by preordering. Not to mention the fact that it took over 15 months.

Last edited:
Wow, yeah those clothes look like they're going to be nearly impossible to futz properly. You'd probably be better off just removing the coat and buying an entirely new suit and body for him.

I think the sculpt is a great likeness, but the head is in a smaller scale than the first two figures. Since he's the same height as Watson, it's really noticeable. His head is tiny compared to Watson's.

That's tough about the body needing to be replaced. I'm guessing he's on a short body and recently I've been scouring eBay for those to complete a line up of Luke's - and I've found them very hard to get hold of.

I just noticed that the backdrop is the hospital rooftop. A second head with his mouth wide open about to blow his brains out would have been a great exclusive.

^ It does look a nice piece (especially with the figures displayed on it). If I had the space for it, I'd certainly pick one up at that price :)

Back