Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #12 Peter Capaldi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's kind of funny the things we pick up on that we dislike. All those things don't even bother me, yet the magnet drives me nuts haha

This is my first Who figure and love it, very impressed, I think they are getting better each release so i have heard - Got 10th Doctor (may get him repainted as the Tennant HS looks a little soft) on the way and ordered the 10th Doctor's Tardis too. Probably will end up getting them all. Nice to collect another line that i grew up with - Peter Davison is my Doctor, would love him.

Nice photo! Really liking that display base :)

Tennant was put up for pre-order end of February, while Capaldi was put up for pre-order last December, so we've actually been waiting longer for the Twelfth Doctor, so if they were doing it by Doctor it only makes sense that he'd ship first.

And yes, I agree that it is a bit disappointing that they don't combine shipping, particularly for internationals, given the extent of the costs involved for shipping on what are already very expensive items, even compared with others of their type. But ultimately I can live with that very minor annoyance given that I always factor in individual shipping to each piece I buy, and go on the assumption that it will be shipped individually (unless it is a single order for multiple pieces, of course). It would be nice if they helped customers out more by offering combined postage for items shipping at the same time, but these days I don't really expect those levels of customer service, for reasons too long and convoluted to go into. Doing so, and helping customers out in a way that benefits them does tend to buy a lot of loyalty and make a company stand out amongst the pack as one of 'the good guys', rather than just another "give us your cash, here's your stuff, now go away" type operation, though sadly, few companies really seem to care about such things these days in my experience.

What I personally find far more annoying though is if they do what they did with my last order, and send my items together, effectively combining shipping, only to still charge me the full individual postage costs for both pieces, and keep the not small saving on shipping for themselves. Which, when I brought the matter to their attention they just steadfastly ignored it, and at the time I had bigger headaches to worry about, so after a couple of attempts I gave up asking or expecting a reply on the matter.

Now technically they can get away with doing that, but personally I still find that kind of thing rather shady, and not exactly customer friendly, so personally I hope my items are shipped separately this time around, given that is what I was charged for. I can live with the reality of the high cost of shipping, given where I live, that's just how it is. But being overcharged for a delivery method that has been altered just so it allows someone else to profiteer and pocket some of that shipping charge as effectively free money, that is just too bitter a pill for me to swallow, and still come away smiling. Just have to wait and see what happens, I guess.
My mistake, I thought Tennant came first! Whoopsie. Anyhow, that's sucky that they would double dip on you like that, and seemingly they didn't do that this time, fortunately. Either way, I think they could likely bundle two for about $50, which considering the overnight nature of the shipping, is reasonable.

I'm not so impressed with 12 actually. I had been planning to part out the jacket, pants, shoes, and possibly the shirt to make the hoodie look, but after seeing this, I'm not so sure about that.

Loving all the pictures! It sucks about the magnet stain though. Mine hasn't shipped yet (probably because I payed for shipping on monday) but my Ten did. I have a hoodie and shirt waiting to do a series 9 conversion.

It's kind of funny the things we pick up on that we dislike. All those things don't even bother me, yet the magnet drives me nuts haha

Well with the magnet I was able to loosen up the fabric and rub out most of the faded look, so it wasn't that big a deal to me.

And of course on display under the right lighting, the other issues shouldn't be as much of a problem either.

Well with the magnet I was able to loosen up the fabric and rub out most of the faded look, so it wasn't that big a deal to me.

And of course on display under the right lighting, the other issues shouldn't be as much of a problem either.

Interesting. I'll have to give that a try. How did you loosen? Just pull at the red part?

Twelve arrived today!! :yess: Mine too has the afforementioned 'magnet stain' on the cost unfortunately, but apart from that it's a great figure IMO and I really like him!

View attachment 221527

I think I prefer this headsculpt over the one that came with the Eleventh doctor too...

View attachment 221528

This is my first Who figure and love it, very impressed, I think they are getting better each release so i have heard - Got 10th Doctor (may get him repainted as the Tennant HS looks a little soft) on the way and ordered the 10th Doctor's Tardis too. Probably will end up getting them all. Nice to collect another line that i grew up with - Peter Davison is my Doctor, would love him.

View attachment 221540

Just took a quick look at mine (and some crappy cellphone pics) and while it's certainly not the most exciting figure ever, I am pretty happy with him overall. :)

View attachment 221577

I do have a few nitpicks though:

-- the eyes aren't sculpted or painted with nearly enough depth or detail (especially for someone like Capaldi), and appear way too flat and Hasbro-ish from many angles.
-- I'm not really crazy about how the neck flares out where the head meets the neck, which is especially apparent in the pic below:

View attachment 221580

-- and lastly, on mine the lower button on the sweater is sewn on way too far to the side, as you can see below. I shouldn't have any problem re-sewing it myself, but it's still a bit annoying.

View attachment 221581

12 is looking pretty great! Nice pics:clap

Incidentally, I just received my tracking for Tennant, saying that it'll ship out tomorrow and arrive on Monday. :)
Did yours say it was under "consignment 1" prior to this? I have no shipping update yet. I also almost never get emails from big chief (not even to spam), so I have to check my actual order page to see, is that where you got your update?

I received mine and really happy with him. Mine has the magnet mark, but it isn't too noticeable unless you look closely. Love the mini Tardis.

Did yours say it was under "consignment 1" prior to this? I have no shipping update yet. I also almost never get emails from big chief (not even to spam), so I have to check my actual order page to see, is that where you got your update?

I just checked my order page and it still doesn't show anything, but I did get an email this morning with a tracking number (which is different from the last tracking number, so I know it's not for my Capaldi).

Took some more pics, and I gotta say it looks pretty damn sharp on the shelf. :)

Although getting him to stand on his own or in any kind of natural pose can be awfully hard with those boots, with the way they're curved at the bottom (unless you want to bend the lower legs forward at an extreme angle, which I didn't). I finally had to wedge something into the back of the boots just so I could put him in this simple pose. Lol

IMG_1261 (462x800).jpg

IMG_1252 (444x800).jpg

IMG_1267 (480x800).jpg

The sculpt is definitely a step up from their first two figures, I'd say. :)

IMG_1270 (614x800).jpg

I just checked my order page and it still doesn't show anything, but I did get an email this morning with a tracking number (which is different from the last tracking number, so I know it's not for my Capaldi).
Interesting. Well hopefully mine gets ready to go tomorrow and gets there by Monday. You would think international overnight would have weekend delivery haha.

Interesting. Well hopefully mine gets ready to go tomorrow and gets there by Monday. You would think international overnight would have weekend delivery haha.

I still can't believe this get's shipped overnight to US customers, but to Australia they select 10 day shipping and charge around 40% more for the privilege. My 12 isn't due to arrive until Friday next week and still no sign 10 has shipped.

Love him! Anyone have a good suggestion for the hoodie? I can't find a good one anywhere!
image.jpg
image.jpg

IMG_8562 copy.jpg

IMG_8568 copy.jpg

Am loving the figure! Face sculpt is bang on and I love all the little details with the costume - the cufflinks on the shirt, the bottom button on the cardy positioned to be unbuttoned just as Capaldi wears it (harking back to how Tom wore his houndstooth waistcoat...)

And the coolest thing is I can now do this!

IMG_8577 copy.jpg

Love him! Anyone have a good suggestion for the hoodie? I can't find a good one anywhere!

Yeah I'm wondering that too. The only one I can find anywhere is just the Tony Stark Mechanic hoodie, which looks decent in the pics but I'm not sure if it would work for this figure or be too bulky...

Back