Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #12 Peter Capaldi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446839057.389739.jpg
My amateurish attempt at posing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My 12 is seeing more of the world than I have. England to France to India and currently in China :lol

Thanks for that but I'm not that good a positioning figures , I do not have space for a detour stand in my house to display them, so my figures are alternating currently on the mantle piece ...not good but better them being left in boxes I only have six figures altogether majority are hot toys but these big chief ones are my prize figures , personally I don't like the big chief studios ten figure and I know that's going to be controversial but , figure collecting is like everything else subject to opinion

Anyone not want their cardigan? :wink1:

Hopefully it'll be parted out and sold somewhere.

anxious to get 12 inhand, looks great in the pics so far. def considering gettin some stuff for change to s9 look. tho i imagine they will do a fig yeah? with guitar and shades etc yeah? gots to.

i get they are busy i do but i hope i dont have to chase after them to ship my 12 i ordered recently. i remember back when i ordered a 4th doc that was instock week later i literally had to complain on the Fb page and the fan group to get it to ship, seemed very much like they didnt even notice i had ordered until i made a stink on it. lol.:rotfl

anxious to get 12 inhand, looks great in the pics so far. def considering gettin some stuff for change to s9 look. tho i imagine they will do a fig yeah? with guitar and shades etc yeah? gots to.
l

I hope so! I would love a 'rock star' Doctor figure!! I nearly used my spare Twelve head to do my own but ended up going for the space suit look instead.

Got him and love him. Although the right arm at the elbow falls out rather easily. It popped out while posing in the famous Capaldi pose. Also the glove is near impossible for me to get on, struggled with it for the spoon pose for about 20 minutes before giving up and just throwing his Sonic in his hand. I do love the overall look of the figure.

Two questions though:

1: If you open the TARDIS doors all the way, is there an easy way to close them? :lol I might have opened them a bit too much...

2: Is there a store that parts out these figures? I definitely want to get a blazer and shoes to try and kit bash the current look of The Doctor with the Capaldi regeneration head.

Got him and love him. Although the right arm at the elbow falls out rather easily. It popped out while posing in the famous Capaldi pose. Also the glove is near impossible for me to get on, struggled with it for the spoon pose for about 20 minutes before giving up and just throwing his Sonic in his hand. I do love the overall look of the figure.

Two questions though:

1: If you open the TARDIS doors all the way, is there an easy way to close them? :lol I might have opened them a bit too much...

2: Is there a store that parts out these figures? I definitely want to get a blazer and shoes to try and kit bash the current look of The Doctor with the Capaldi regeneration head.

Interesting (and possibly dumb) that the glove is actually a glove and not a swap out hand.

That was surprising to me too. At minimum I expected like a loose cuff that had a glove change out hand. Getting the glove over the three layers of sleeves was annoying and I gave up on it. I tried pushing them back but then the elbow joint would pop out and I got seriously frustrated. :lol

Contact BCS about the screwed up elbow. Get a replacement.

Speaking of bodies, what's a good surrogate one for the ones BCS uses that's not a True Type?

I was watching the latest episode and paying attention to the jacket detail to compare. I noticed that it has a single red cuff button that isn't on this version. Wonder if that was an oversight or it changed this season

Edit: Found a pic

11254050_442067062618604_1676604025_n.jpg

It changed this season from what I've read. Also the lining is different from series 8. Series 8 was solid red and series 9 is a 2 tone red/black.

12 is looking pretty great! Nice pics:clap

Quite frankly , if some people when they get a figure feel the need to get the magnifying glass out and nit pick to that extent that a button is way to far to the left then it's time to stop collecting and find another hobby . Where it's the case like stains on a figure , and I don't mean the so called stain on the jumper of 12 , im talking about hot toys Amazing Spider-Man 2 where it was clear it was a factory fault , then I can understand it

Just took a quick look at mine (and some crappy cellphone pics) and while it's certainly not the most exciting figure ever, I am pretty happy with him overall. :)

View attachment 221577

I do have a few nitpicks though:

-- the eyes aren't sculpted or painted with nearly enough depth or detail (especially for someone like Capaldi), and appear way too flat and Hasbro-ish from many angles.
-- I'm not really crazy about how the neck flares out where the head meets the neck, which is especially apparent in the pic below:

View attachment 221580

-- and lastly, on mine the lower button on the sweater is sewn on way too far to the side, as you can see below. I shouldn't have any problem re-sewing it myself, but it's still a bit annoying.

View attachment 221581

This amount of nit picking , not the previous quote

This is a fantastic figure and in no way have I felt the need to get the set square out and measure all the way round the figure

Back