Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #12 Peter Capaldi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, shipping was a ***** on these. I'm wondering if I should go with a local retailer from now on since they're able to be sold in the US now

$33 for ONE figure shipped overnight international seems like a very good deal to me. But paying that twice when combined shipping would have saved probably $15...but no, I said I would shut up about this so I'm going to do that.

In terms of the figures being cheaper when you can get them directly from a US retailer, well, I'm not so sure about that. I guess if you can buy them in person you may save a few bucks --although you'd have to pay tax -- but otherwise, if there is any shipping involved, between the retailer mark-up and the shipping cost, by my calculations it would pretty much be the same as buying directly from Big Chief. (And if you're interested in the Big Chief exclusive items that's going to be an extra cost if you buy from another retailer.) The TARDISes are the exception -- they will definitely be cheaper from a US retailer since the UK to US shipping on those is BRUTAL.

$33 for ONE figure shipped overnight international seems like a very good deal to me. But paying that twice when combined shipping would have saved probably $15...but no, I said I would shut up about this so I'm going to do that.

In terms of the figures being cheaper when you can get them directly from a US retailer, well, I'm not so sure about that. I guess if you can buy them in person you may save a few bucks --although you'd have to pay tax -- but otherwise, if there is any shipping involved, between the retailer mark-up and the shipping cost, by my calculations it would pretty much be the same as buying directly from Big Chief. (And if you're interested in the Big Chief exclusive items that's going to be an extra cost if you buy from another retailer.) The TARDISes are the exception -- they will definitely be cheaper from a US retailer since the UK to US shipping on those is BRUTAL.

I forgot that US retailers don't have the exclusive included plus any markups. Shipping on the tardis actually isn't that bad considering how big it is

Special shipping rates for international customers: Europe £20.00; US £30.00 and Australia/Japan: £50.00.

Yeah I just doublechecked and it specifically says on their website that they don't combine shipping. Which makes me think they've probably gotten that question a lot! Lol

Honestly the $33 shipping does hurt for a second but I'm impatient and knowing I'll have these in hand within a couple of days makes me extremely happy. I've been waiting long enough. The TARDIS shipping is going to hurt a bit though admittedly.

Yeah it does help that I already paid the rest of the figure off months and months ago. Although still... $70 shipping for two 12 inch figures that barely weigh a thing still seems incredibly ridiculous.

Does anyone have any close up shots of the twelve ? Because the one announcing that he'd arrived at the big chief studios , the neck looks too long

Yeah it does help that I already paid the rest of the figure off months and months ago. Although still... $70 shipping for two 12 inch figures that barely weigh a thing still seems incredibly ridiculous.

Now be fair, these are pretty big boxes and weigh several pounds each. Yes, $33x2 does start to feel like real money when you know combined shipping would be cheaper, but the base charge is more than reasonable considering the speed and distance they'll be sent.

Just to compare, USPS charges almost $15 to send a small 10oz package from the US to the UK and you can be sure it will take at least two weeks to be delivered. Next to that, $33 for overnight delivery for a great big box seems like an excellent deal.

That's weird, I got a tracking number for the Capaldi figure, but none for the Tennant. Although when I click on it it still just shows as pending on the Fedex site.

Big chief did say that they would start shipping Wednesday , my Royal tracking number doesn't look like most Royal Mail tracking numbers ....confusing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back