Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #12 Peter Capaldi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This amount of nit picking , not the previous quote

If you saw my second set of pictures I made it clear that I'm still very happy with the figure overall. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to notice small issues and annoyances here and there or feel the need to point them out. And after paying nearly $300 for the darn thing after shipping, I think I kinda have that right. :)

If you saw my second set of pictures I made it clear that I'm still very happy with the figure overall. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to notice small issues and annoyances here and there or feel the need to point them out. And after paying nearly $300 for the darn thing after shipping, I think I kinda have that right.

No kidding. If it were a $30 figure, I wouldn't bring things up, but they aren't cheap

If you saw my second set of pictures I made it clear that I'm still very happy with the figure overall. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to notice small issues and annoyances here and there or feel the need to point them out. And after paying nearly $300 for the darn thing after shipping, I think I kinda have that right. :)

:goodpost:

Just look at the picking of the $300 HT Vader. Put this and that Vader next too each other and I think we both know which people would gush over more.

I am having more trouble getting him to stay standing up than any other Big Chief figure for some reason. And that is even with some display putty on his feet. I tentatively have him like this for now, but he has toppled over a few times already:

12th_zpsw4s3i5gz.jpg

And this might just be my favorite accessory of all time:

IMG_20151106_115252_zps2barppdp.jpg

Yeah to get him to stand on his own in any kind of natural way, you really need to insert something into the back of the boots to get them to tilt forward a bit first.

Even if you are only considering dropping that kind of coin on a piece you have that right. And it is something that very much should be expressed and discussed.

Staying quiet and lowering expectations never helped improve standards on anything over the long term.

Isn't the main problem with the cardigan the small fact he never really wore it as part of his costume? Promo pictures yes, actual show not really. BCS was awfully defensive about that when I said something about it earlier in the thread... :lol

(That being said, the one I got also has a snap way over so it looks all wonky when it's supposedly buttoned up.)

I'm doing the series 9 Doctor so pretty much the only thing I'm using for him from this release in the coat and one of his hands ((I'm using the head for something else entirely), although I'm going to go back to my custom ring since I don't think the one molded on the hand is as, how can I put it? As ridiculous looking as the one in the show.

And thank you to Godparticle upthread for posting the close-ups of the S9 sleeves. I'd noticed the red buttons this year, but I didn't know he was only showing three buttons per cuff. Since the series 8 coat has five per side, I'll need to take a couple of them off.

attachment.php

Isn't the main problem with the cardigan the small fact he never really wore it as part of his costume? Promo pictures yes, actual show not really. BCS was awfully defensive about that when I said something about it earlier in the thread... :lol

(That being said, the one I got also has a snap way over so it looks all wonky when it's supposedly buttoned up.)

I'm doing the series 9 Doctor so pretty much the only thing I'm using for him from this release in the coat and one of his hands ((I'm using the head for something else entirely), although I'm going to go back to my custom ring since I don't think the one molded on the hand is as, how can I put it? As ridiculous looking as the one in the show.

And thank you to Godparticle upthread for posting the close-ups of the S9 sleeves. I'd noticed the red buttons this year, but I didn't know he was only showing three buttons per cuff. Since the series 8 coat has five per side, I'll need to take a couple of them off.

attachment.php

Personally I think that if your going to buy a figure and then just notice a number of things you don't like , you need to decide if it matters that much if it does ...just send it back ...simples

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally I think that if your going to buy a figure and then just notice a number of things you don't like , you need to decide if it matters that much if it does ...just send it back ...simples

Simples? What? Why would I send it back? If you think I'm not perfectly happy with what I got, I'm afraid you've completely misread my post. I've been waiting almost a year for the Doctor's crombie and for the short-hair sculpt and I'm thrilled to finally have them. And just so you know, I knew perfectly well when Twelve went up for preorder last December that that the cardigan wasn't right, but I didn't care then and I certainly didn't care after series 9 started and we got the space hipster.

BCS is a company that makes great products, and I've heard frpm numerous places how lovely people like Gregg have been when friends of mine have spoken to them. It's just a shame there's such an ugly side to their fandom - but that, frankly, is their fault.

Love 12! I did do a total redress of 12 and he looks great that way. Haven't done it to 10 but he might not need it. Body is tight, thankfully. Stands stay together but just barely. I wish I had a second open left hand. I love it on Capaldi but also love it as the "Walking"'hand with the TARDIS. Still, the "giving Clara the sonic" pose is also fun.

BCS is a company that makes great products, and I've heard frpm numerous places how lovely people like Gregg have been when friends of mine have spoken to them. It's just a shame there's such an ugly side to their fandom - but that, frankly, is their fault.

Your only saying that there is an ugly side to their fandom, because you yourself have been banned from their Facebook fan page , and have taken it join yourself every chance you get to , misquote and slag them off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love 12! I did do a total redress of 12 and he looks great that way. Haven't done it to 10 but he might not need it. Body is tight, thankfully. Stands stay together but just barely. I wish I had a second open left hand. I love it on Capaldi but also love it as the "Walking"'hand with the TARDIS. Still, the "giving Clara the sonic" pose is also fun.

Ohmygosh! His attack eyebrows are spot on :blissysmi I'm still thinking whether to get this for myself for Christmas or not as I missed out the opportunity to get the exclusive shrunken TARDIS - and that goes 40% of my reason for buying it :(

Jon your 12th looks great! Thanks for sharing. I'm having a hard time seeing all these pictures of him and not having this in hand yet. The only reason I've been able to hold out is due to having in hand the version that came with the new 11th. I currently have mine with a black coat, but there's no comparison to the beautiful red lined coat that this version comes with, not to mention the rest of the outfit as well.

Got mine today. How the hell do you get a wrist peg in that tiny hole in the miniature TARDIS to attach the hand? I assume that's what you're meant to do anyway :lol

Fantastic photos:clap The paint apps look like a step up from previous figs.

Back