Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #12 Peter Capaldi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered!! :yess: Shame no signature edition but a great looking figure nonetheless!!

Any mention of when it might be out?

I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed, to be honest.

Personally, I don't think they've done all that great job on the outfit. The accessories seem a bit thin on the ground as well, and it feels even more so given that so many of them are do-overs of pieces we've gotten in past releases, some multiple times (even though they are appropriate inclusions). There doesn't seem to be a name plate - I know it won't be signed, but I still would have liked the consistency of having a name plate to go along with all the others. After all, Hartnell's release got one, so if this one misses out that kind of bugs me. And so, overall, in both value for money and excitement terms, this release just feels a bit light on to me as a result of all of that.

And add in the fact that they have so few pics up (none of the accessories are shown, for example), and the ones they do have up aren't particularly flattering, there's no mention of even an estimated release date, and they don't even seem to be bothering to answering simple questions about the release on facebook either, and I guess I just find it all a bit hard to be very enthused about this at the moment, despite really liking Capaldi's Doctor. I honestly do wish I was more excited about this release, as it would certainly make spending the money easier, but alas...

I'll probably still buy it, as a lifelong fan and a collector both, I'm a damn sucker for this Who stuff, but apart from Amy (which I passed on), this is the first Who release in the 1:6 line that has seriously given me pause, and that I didn't buy as soon as it went up. There's a much better than average chance that they'll still get my money eventually, but I can't say I feel in any real rush right now...

I'm extremely excited and I got him ordered! I know what you're saying accessory-wise, but the thing is it's hard to think of too many things for him after one series.

Maybe I'm just in a melancholy mood. I am rather disappointed that they didn't do the '2Dis' as an accessory, or a memory worm from Time Heist. Or even the silver briefcase and atomic shredder(s) from the same episode. And if they really wanted to push the boat out, then the destroyed old school Cyberman head from Death in Heaven would have been pretty awesome, and a nice counter piece to 'Handles'.

I mean I wasn't expecting a full set of the backpack device, communication device, invisibility watch, chronodyne generators, and overcoat from The Caretaker or anything, but a little more would have been nice.

But, hey, maybe that's just me. And I'm happy that others seem happy enough.

Maybe I'm just in a melancholy mood. I am rather disappointed that they didn't do the '2Dis' as an accessory, or a memory worm from Time Heist. Or even the silver briefcase and atomic shredder(s) from the same episode. And if they really wanted to push the boat out, then the destroyed old school Cyberman head from Death in Heaven would have been pretty awesome, and a nice counter piece to 'Handles'.

I mean I wasn't expecting a full set of the backpack device, communication device, invisibility watch, chronodyne generators, and overcoat from The Caretaker or anything, but a little more would have been nice.

But, hey, maybe that's just me. And I'm happy that others seem happy enough.

I like the little TARDIS but now that you mention the overcoat from The Caretaker, that does sound a little better. Damn missed opportunity :(

I don't care for the shrunken TARDIS, so I went ahead with the Deposit+ Balance edition. Weird thing is, I had to try 3 times for Worlday to accept my payment for the deposit. As for the fig, I'm loving Capaldi so far so I'm not that bummed about the fact that the acessories are so few, since the fig itself is the main attraction. I'd have liked a signature though...

EDIT: He also comes with the glove and spoon from the Robin Hood episode. It's not in the desc but the pics show them.

10300080_10153586313766002_5326958439296948042_n.jpg

10868203_10153586086516002_977090971431390624_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd...._=1426535840_7ba79e6c3abd457050cb8da92d02d232

10486138_10153586086751002_6875923143598496674_n.jpg

10850232_10153586086746002_5079705353978562825_n.jpg

Pics from the Big Chief Facebook page.

Personally I'm not too sure. It all feels a little baggy for someone who is a grey haired stick insect.

im sold and will get one but in no hurry at moment. most of the PO's have been instock when they ship yeah? only 10 has sold out before shipping i think?

The signature editions of the Doctors have been the only things in the line to really sell out quickly (with Tennants selling out in record time), everything else has been around for a while. So even though he's the current Doctor, I think folk will have a decent amount of time before even the 'exclusive' edition sells through. At least based on past evidence, anyway.

Of course I have been known to be wrong on occasion, so...

Ordered and paid for. Now... The wait.
Well, in January we get the 1st Doctor, then at some point the 4th Doctor and the 11th Doctor head sculpts. The summer will see the TARDIS, and probably the 11th Doctor figure. So maybe September - October for good old 12. So, lots of BC Who stuff to look forward to during the upcoming months.

I must admit, the lack of accessories following the 11th Doctor Series 7 (which I passed on as I only need 1 11) has given me serious pause. It's a lot of money for a basically barebones fig. Not sure whether to get it or wait and hope for a more deluxe package ala 11 v2.

I understand the urgency to make 12 but I wish they'd done 9 instead and waited another season to get a more options for 12's accessories and costuming.

I'm surprised at the general lack of interest in 12. Preorder last night, and do few orders.

I'm surprised at the general lack of interest in 12. Preorder last night, and do few orders.

I don't dislike 12, but I hate the stories he's been given. I really struggled to get through this past season. So I'm just not interested in the figure tbh. Sucks. I used to love DW.

Ordered. I think it looks really good and while it doesn't come with a ton of accessories it comes with enough for me, I'm not big on accessories anyway. Yeah, these figures are expensive but Doctor Who is a smaller property, at least for high end collectibles so they're not selling in numbers anywhere near Hot Toys or Sideshow so I can forgive them. It's not like there's much choice for Doctor Who 1/6 figures anyway.

Eccleston would be nice but I would rather they not rush it and do it when they think they can nail the sculpt. He's got a unique face and the short hair I could see him being difficult to pull off. McCoy would be the one I want to see next, even though Troughton is my favorite Doctor. McCoy would translate well to figure form, I think.

I don't dislike 12, but I hate the stories he's been given. I really struggled to get through this past season. So I'm just not interested in the figure tbh. Sucks. I used to love DW.

I found that I really liked the look of our new Doctor, after Smith left. I thought we'd get a new Pertwee, as that's who he reminded me (and just about everyone else) of.
I liked the first story, but hated that they had to bring Smith back at the end to 'remind' the audience (let's face it, that's who he was talking to) that this grey haired guy was still him, the Doctor. It demonstrated, to me that there was a lack of faith in this decision.
Then the series started properly, and although there were a couple of good episodes ( not necessarily good Who tho), I felt the season was flat, lacking in any substance. The conclusion was dreadful, and i was disgusted at the treatment of the Master's character becoming female, and snogging the Doctor. At that point, I'd like to punched Moffat (a supposed fan) square in the face.
This is the only season I have not preordered on blu ray as soon as it became available. I actually have no desire to ever watch the season again.

All this said, I do like Capaldi's look, and genuinely believe that he could do the character great justice if he were given decent material to work with.
Part way through the season, I said to my mates, that if I was him, I'd have walked away from the show from embarrassment.

I think I would have been more excited if I didn't already have a Capaldi head coming with the Series 7 Smith figure, and a kitbash I'm very happy with just waiting for that headsculpt to go on it.

I guess that's true as well. I have mine all built and waiting in the wings.
FP are stating a March release of the 11th Doctor from S7. Now, that's a figure I was, and am excited for. That has lots of possibilities for display purposes.

Back