Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #12 Peter Capaldi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10454910_10153725865751002_8296069629269068240_n.jpg

10945397_10153725866186002_5661409948265240472_n.jpg

10471569_10153725866226002_8127655793381462543_n.jpg

Love this guy. The only thing I see is that the red lining needs to come in a tad so it doesn't peek out when the coat is closed. But overall it just looks SO good.

I was going to say the same thing, they need to pull that lining in a touch, because having it peeking out from the edges is not a good look.

That sculpt though looks pretty damn great. And hopefully all these pieces will be done by the same factory, and to the same quality, as the Hartnell was.

The coat in general looks a bit 'puffy' not sure the choice of material is as good as it could be, some shots look a lot better than others though so maybe it's just down to lighting/camera work.

The coat does just look a bit "thick." I'm hoping they find a little better material as part of the production precess versus what we see here in the prototype. I think I notice it most in the lapel area, where the folded section sits kind of high above the neck. I think a thinner material might look better there.

I'm on the fence with this figure. I'm tempted to pick one up, but 1) cost in comparison to existing pre-orders 2) I have the extra Capaldi head coming with 11, I'm tempted to bash my own figure together. Maybe buy the parted out pieces later, or build the costume based on the Orient Express Episode.

I think it's a great looking figure and I'm glad I ordered it... but yeah, it does seem like we're paying a lot for what is a pretty basic figure with a rather simple costume.

I bought it and I don't regret doing so, but the value on this one is a bit harder to see than on some of the other releases, I must admit...

Especially when you compare to 11.2 which has this headsculpt (I assume it's the same one), a Smith headsculpt and a cyberman head.

I have the feeling that I will like the series 9 look of the doctor better then the series 8 costume. So I reckon I'll just wait for that.

I wonder how long until Capaldi gets a "new look". I'm getting a feeling he will keep his current duds, at least for this upcoming season. From there I suppose it depends on how long he sticks around as the Doctor. I know he's guaranteed at least two seasons, I've read that before.

I doubt his look is ever going to change that dramatically (like Tom Baker's or Matt Smith's did). Most likely we'll just continue to see slight variations of his current look with different shirts mixed in, or with a slightly different color of jacket or something.

Being a fan of the original Doctors, Capaldi clearly wants to keep his look as simple and spare as theirs was.

I just wish they had included the holey/starry shirt, that was my personal favourite so far (and one he keeps going back to, as well).

There is still time.
From all the pics that BC have shown, they worked purely to those early publicity pics of the first look.
The starry shirt used later in the series could end up being a late added bonus to the figure. The autographed pictures that accompanied the First Doctor figure were not announced till later in the day.
This figure is pretty basic, and the paired down costume makes him quite simplistic for the asking price. Adding in extras before it becomes available to buy would be a good idea.

The idea of adding additional clothing variants would make this much more appealing. I very much like pixletwin's hoodie idea, that would be a great add in. The catch is that it would have to be done well, I'm talking The Mechanic Tony Stark hoodie well. It would have to be a thin material, lest it puff his jacket out even more than it does on it's own.

And honestly, as crass and blunt as Capaldi is...I kinda wish he had a slight smirk in his sculpt like the new Matt Smith. Some of the Capaldi promo shots for the show have him with that expression.

Back