Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #12 Peter Capaldi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. 12th of the 12th for a 12th. Pity the signature thing hasn't been sorted out yet. I'm still hoping they can arrange it.

I really do hope that a signature edition happens, it'll feel odd not having one after getting that for Matt, David and Tom's first figures.

That thus far it must be said that I haven't seen very much Who stuff that he's actually signed, so it is possible that he may not be very keen on doing so for the most part. Some actors can be a bit odd like that, so who knows...

I'm not saying that's the case here, just that, as Who fans, we are often rather spoiled as far as actors doing signed stuff goes, whereas that isn't necessarily the norm for all actors, even those doing 'geek friendly' shows such as this.

Just popped back over to BC site to re-read their statement about the ignature expedition. It reads very much like their OSA negotiation going on, probably evolving around money! Methinks if the signature plaque is issued, it will be in the £30-40 mark, pushing the signature edition of the figure to over £200 ($300+). The BC figures are proving to be somewhat pricey, but hey, you gotta luv em.

I really don't know how I'll be able to afford this, but I must have all the nuWho Docs. I currently have different payment plans set up, which go on until October or so (7B 11th, Commander Shepard and Deadpool). Plus my monthly comic subscription.

Ah, monthly comic commitments... I remember those days. Back at uni, I had so many regular orders at Forbidden Planet tat they were coming in faster than I could read them...
And I whole heartedly agree that the BC figures are must haves. Come next week, I'll have, the second 11, the 12, the 1st, two extra HSs and a TARDIS on preorder from BC. It'll probably take all year to have them released tho.

Much as I love the other Doctors, at the price they're going for I think I'll have to confine my collection to just the new series.

And this Capaldi figure looks absolutely fantastic. Yeah the costume may be a bit simple, but it still looks really cool and sharp on him, and the figure does a great job capturing that.

Ah, monthly comic commitments... I remember those days. Back at uni, I had so many regular orders at Forbidden Planet tat they were coming in faster than I could read them...
And I whole heartedly agree that the BC figures are must haves. Come next week, I'll have, the second 11, the 12, the 1st, two extra HSs and a TARDIS on preorder from BC. It'll probably take all year to have them released tho.
The worst thing is that, with all the taxes and stuff, I end up paying 4.60 € for a 4$ comic and 3.40 € for 3.20 $ one. And since I'm mainly a Marvel guy, all of my books go for 4s. Add the double shipping titles, the annuals, the extra issues and all that, and I end up paying 50-80 per month.

The worst thing is that, with all the taxes and stuff, I end up paying 4.60 € for a 4$ comic and 3.40 € for 3.20 $ one. And since I'm mainly a Marvel guy, all of my books go for 4s. Add the double shipping titles, the annuals, the extra issues and all that, and I end up paying 50-80 per month.

Dude just torrent them if people post them save yourself a ton of $$$ unless you like the physical copy.

Just popped back over to BC site to re-read their statement about the ignature expedition. It reads very much like their OSA negotiation going on, probably evolving around money! Methinks if the signature plaque is issued, it will be in the £30-40 mark, pushing the signature edition of the figure to over £200 ($300+). The BC figures are proving to be somewhat pricey, but hey, you gotta luv em.

It is what it is. As it represents probably the only chance I'll ever get to have these signatures to begin with, given where I live, and how rare it is that most of these people do international conventions (and the extreme cost of things in the rare cases where they do), it's still worth having in my book, even if it ends up being a little pricey. So here's hoping it works out.

Dude just torrent them if people post them save yourself a ton of $$$ unless you like the physical copy.

Oh I do torrent everything that comes out every wednesday, as I like to stay informed, but there are a couple of series that I want to keep for the physical collection.

It is what it is. As it represents probably the only chance I'll ever get to have these signatures to begin with, given where I live, and how rare it is that most of these people do international conventions (and the extreme cost of things in the rare cases where they do), it's still worth having in my book, even if it ends up being a little pricey. So here's hoping it works out.
I was, and still am hoping to have all 9 Doctors signatures with their action figures. I think that would be an amazing way to present, and own them. In the past I've had a few autographed photos, and I did meet Mr Pertwee in Edinburgh where he signed his Years video, and a novel for me. Now if only I could get my hands on those again ( I left them in a loft of a friend back in England, a decade ago). So, back to BC. Having this autograph collection also scores, as they are a set, in a collection that I never thought we'd ever see back in the day.

I'd be surprised if there isn't a signature for Capaldi - this is the first time I've seen a doctor's facebook account share anything from BCS, but Peter Capaldi's did about this pre-order.

I'm not really happy about the Signature Edition being sold as an upgrade. IMHO it should have been held off until a definitive answer was found and then included in the PPO like the others.

I think they just really wanted to do the whole 'pre-order 12 on the 12th of the 12th!' thing. But I agree, would've been nice if they'd have waited.

I'm not totally sure I see the difference? If you want the figure no matter what, you can pre-order now. If the signature works out, great, you can get the upgrade. If you don't want a figure unless you get the signature, I guess that might be the only issue? If you're worried they sell out?

Back