Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh! This is probably the only time I've felt justified being jealous!

I missed the pre-order cut off and the 2nd chance waiting list they put me on is probably larger than the number of figures they made. This figure's already on ebay with a $1200 buy-it-now price. I'm a huge fan but I'd like to eat in 2014 so that's out. :|

That's insane. I mean, they did say they were going to do a blue suit version, which was a very cool outfit.

You'll prob get one tomorrow CB, they're still processing through them as far as I know.

As for Tennant's hair, it changed a lot through his run. This is in no way DotD hair, which isn't really spiked at all. There's bit floppy, with spikes and spikes but floppy was only DotD.

It reminds me more of the promo shots for when he started. I really should watch it all again but I can't bring myself to wade through the crap parts.

2. Please make sure all figures going forward are available for pre-order in each of our respective countries. Having to pay extra due to hideous exchange rates shouldn't have to happen for us to own these figures. Please help us out in the future.

I may be wrong, but wouldn't that just be the same price either way? If you have all currencies at the same level (Say, €200, £200 and $200) then it wouldn't be fair, since then since I'd pay less than Americans and more than Brits. They'd have to cost the equal of the price in pounds either way.

This is a series 4 figure, I'd say. End of Time era, specifically. In series 2 Tennant had flat hair, series 3 focussed more on his blue suit and series 4 had the sticky uppy hair.

I may be wrong, but wouldn't that just be the same price either way? If you have all currencies at the same level (Say, €200, £200 and $200) then it wouldn't be fair, since then since I'd pay less than Americans and more than Brits. They'd have to cost the equal of the price in pounds either way.

:exactly:

It's an odd thing that sometimes it works out cheaper and sometimes more expensive. I'll usually get an SSC exclusive and even with the VAT and FedEx fees, it usually still works out cheaper or equal to the price it's usually selling for over here. Usually.

It's probably a first for most 1/6 collectors stateside. Importing from the UK. They're not used to all the fees that go on top of it. They now feel our pain! :yess:

I'd rather see BCS get a 'lil more money out of it that they can put into future products. And if that means just having to buy from their store, I'm all for it.

But I am biased. :yess:

Besides, the next Ten will be available from retailers. Be thankful :rotfl

That's insane. I mean, they did say they were going to do a blue suit version, which was a very cool outfit.
Yeah, I'd fork over $275 tops which would include my idiot penalty for not being decisive when the pre-order was still going on. Same guy has the 4th figure at $650 on buy it now which is still outrageous. Must be looking for cash to buy Christmas gifts or something.

I'm hoping someone changes their mind and decides to sell off their order ID at or near pre-order price then I could just import it to my account. Long shot and no idea where anyone would even advertise that but... :slap

This is a series 4 figure, I'd say. End of Time era, specifically. In series 2 Tennant had flat hair, series 3 focussed more on his blue suit and series 4 had the sticky uppy hair.

See, I'd have said S2.

doom1.jpg

Series-2-Deleted-Scenes-doctor-who-18454498-1600-900.jpg

It's flat, but has spikeyness to it. It's not as flat as DotD.

There is only one End of Time Doctor!

David-Tennant-as-Doctor-W-001.jpg

:lol

But the tie doesn't match up. Must rewatch all of it. Must investigate further. The tie must be right. IT MUST BE!

I need something better to do with my life. :lol

No. Typically products are priced out and subsequently offered based on their corresponding market values. For example the Dalek Chase set retails in the UK for £39.99. If I were to purchase that item directly from the UK market, the set would cost me approximately $65.00, plus a sizable ship cost, all due to a 60% mark up based on the current exchange rate. When the same item is offered to the US, that price is set based on the North American market, which ends up being a list price of about $49.95.

When Big Chief initially released the 11th Doctor, the US distributor had the figure available for about $160.00 versus the cost of purchasing him from the U.K. for almost $290 with shipping.

When you are talking about economics, there is no such thing as "fair." Depending upon what country you live in, the exchange rate may provide you with a big advantage, or a big disadvantage.

It's that bloody tie that's so similar to the one from S2, if it didn't have the red patches. The tie makes it S4 as does the water pistol.
I still think the head is more comparable to S2 though.
Still great though.

well, i was pleasantly surprised today when i got home. the 10th doctor has arrived and i wasn't even expecting him so soon. i guess they don't send out shipping notifications or tracking numbers.

my base seems to be a dud though, as it does not light up at all.

I imagine it's more just trying to hit all the right notes for "Tennant-ness" than being a representation from a particular story.

Did BCS say they're going to make another version of the 10th Doctor?
I know the first one wasn't sold in stores and it was only thru their site.
I hope they release it soon.

If I remember correctly, they said that another David Tennant would be made available later and these 50th Anniversary figures were to be website exclusives.

This may change, but that was the original plan.

I received no email and my account showed processing right up until a few hours before they were delivered. So I wouldn't use those two as any sort of indicator.

I received no email and my account showed processing right up until a few hours before they were delivered. So I wouldn't use those two as any sort of indicator.

Same here, still processing even though they're on their way here. No need to worry.

Mine still says TBC and Processing...and arrived this morning 208 of 300 of the Sig Ed!

Very happy with mine, 5 O'Clock shadow is a bit heavy, but I can live with it. Photos ASAP :yess:

Back