Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I didn't update my address correctly the first time. Shipping came out to $36. For a total of $267.60 with shipping, ouch.

Just paid for my #10 P+P and balance.

I am mega stoked now!

@ bruhkis

some people get more love or have more luck than others

I like to think that if I have picked up the request for help, that I would usually be a person that contributes ASAP. I don't play favourites, if I have noticed it, I will respond.

Tony at BCS just posted this over at GB so I thought I would repost it here as it may be helpful:

As a new company we only have a very small team and do not have a dedicated customer service person to answer e-mails, so we are unable to answer customer service enquiries as quickly as we would like to. Unfortunately there simply are not enough hours in the day for us to do all the other jobs that are required to run the business. We have development of new figures, liaising with the factories on a daily basis, import logistics, packing and shipping of orders, accounting, marketing, approvals and any number of other things to do when running a business, along with the very important matter of customer service. Because of all these jobs unfortunately we have to prioritise and sometimes that means customer service will take a back seat.

We do however answer enquiries whenever possible, including weekends and sometimes even up until 3 am. We have gone without weekends, holidays and evenings to get these figures made and in to the hands of customers before Christmas. To those that think we do not care about our customers, this is simply not true. There is nobody more frustrated than us, that we cannot offer a smoother purchase experience at this point, as already mentioned we have given up the majority of our free time since starting BIG Chief, we are providing the improved Amy head free of charge (shipping to be paid), to those that want it for their Amy figure and we are flying in product at great expense to ourselves, in order to make sure the product is shipped in time for Christmas. The best place to keep updated with information is currently facebook, but as we develop the website we are looking to transfer people’s attention there with regular updates and an e-mail newsletter.

We freely admit that the current website and order process is not up to standard yet, but this is being and will be improved. We have mentioned in posts elsewhere that the main delay with website updates is finding a payment gateway to allow us to offer the layaway payments, in the US this isn’t a problem, but in the UK they seem to have a problem with the method of pre-order and receiving product a number of months later. We need to have the gateway sorted out before building the final back end. As an example of the problems we are dealing with, Worldpay said we would have a reply within 3 weeks from applying, yet after 3 months of answering questions and giving them the ins and outs of our entire business model, they decided to decline for the moment. We are however still discussing with them. As a business though, we cannot simply put a hold on everything until the new website is finished, so we have to proceed in the best way possible at this point in time.

We apologise for delays in answering e-mails, delayed product releases and a less than favourable buying experience, but we are doing everything humanly possible to get better, we are and will continue to improve. It has been pointed out here, that it is the nature of 1:6 scale collectors to easily criticise and condemn a figure on the basis of a couple of badly lit and poorly shot images. Unfortunately this is true, but rest assured both the 10th and 4th Doctors are a massive improvement on our previous releases (of both 11 and Amy) and people should wait until they have seen the figure in hand, or consider the views of a number of people that have, before jumping to conclusions. The 10th Doctor Dynamix figure is finally here, Sherlock and Watson are in production and a number of products are in development including the 1st Doctor, another 11 and the Weeping Angel. We are looking forward to an exciting year ahead and will continue to do everything we can to improve in all aspects of the business for 2014. All we ask is a little patience and consideration that we are not a long established company such as Hot Toys or Sideshow and work with only a fraction of the staff that they probably have for customer service alone.

Also, 10 and 4 left the factory on Saturday and were booked on to a flight for today. The figures will be with us next week and everyone plus extra help from family and friends will be sending out figures in time for Christmas......the BIG Chief elves will be hard at work.....as always! :)

Kind regards,

The BIG Chief Team

Just paid for my #10 P+P and balance.

My dad just got mine all sorted out. He said it was the postage that caused a problem. He was initially charged 30 pounds, then ultimately 10. The final payment was 326 pounds (plus whatever the deposit was. 20 or 25 each.).

any fellow wait-listers get any sort of word yet? :)

grats to all payed and sorted btw!

Just read that big post from BC. Confirmed on the 1st Doctor. That's cool.
Another 11. Unless it's in the post Snowmen victoriana outfit, I'll pass. And an Angel. I might pass on that, unless it is articulated.

Just read that big post from BC. Confirmed on the 1st Doctor. That's cool.
Another 11. Unless it's in the post Snowmen victoriana outfit, I'll pass. And an Angel. I might pass on that, unless it is articulated.

Funnily enough, I'll only get it if isn't articulated, ie, cheaper than a full figure. I just want one to go alongside my CO monsters. And then a true 1/6 dalek, please!

That's the second time I've read about the new Amy head as well.
Has there been anything on their FB page about it? I'd like to have that in hand, so I can take the Indiana Jones hat off of the figure I have ! Haha!

I'll be passing on the Angel, just because I've never really liked them. I'll just be in the line for the Doctors and maybe an odd Master, Dalek/Davros or Classic Cyberman. None of villains that appeared in nuWho though.

I could be persuaded if it was cheap. A non articulated angel would be ok, but I'd love to see a cool articulated one. Perhaps designed in rubber so that you could pull the dynamic poses . We will see.
A proper scaled DALEK is a no brainer. I'm in right away, whichever one they do. If they do one..

I'll be passing on the Angel, just because I've never really liked them. I'll just be in the line for the Doctors and maybe an odd Master, Dalek/Davros or Classic Cyberman. None of villains that appeared in nuWho though.

I'm in the same boat with you. Not that I dislike any of the new series villians, it's just they aren't that visually striking to me.

I could be persuaded if it was cheap. A non articulated angel would be ok, but I'd love to see a cool articulated one. Perhaps designed in rubber so that you could pull the dynamic poses . We will see.
A proper scaled DALEK is a no brainer. I'm in right away, whichever one they do. If they do one..

Although that might be easier, I think they'd be better going down the swappable heads and arms route. There's nothing else that moves on them, is there? Plus there'd be no tears, over time and use.

Thanks to Tony L (too easily forgotten as a big part of BCS) and the rest of the BCS team for that mass of information. Sadly I know that there will be some that will just see it as 'the same-old-same-old' which is a real shame.

The email once again confirms that these folks are in it for love of the subject and to get it into our hands ASAP.

Yeah, the angels are the ONLY ones i want to see with swappable arms and heads instead of articulation. possibly wings and a lower torso too.

A good breakdown

1 torso

2 Legs/ gown

3 heads

6 sets of arms.

The original idea was to have swappable parts. Hopefully that keeps up. I'd love to get one, but I'll only be able to do it if it's not exclusive to the BCS site.

Back