Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'll be at this event and I'm looking forward to seeing this in the flesh so to speak. :)

And the blue suit version will no doubt come with a signature as well.

I never got the CO blue suit figure. Not so fussed anymore that I didn't.
I've been thinking if I'd want a fez 11, and frankly, I wouldn't. So I hope they won't go down that route. A second 11 is a done deal after selling out in 4 months, but it really hope they go for a Snowman or later look, when he got all Victorian and Doctory.

Buying a 2nd 11 will, for me, come down to timing, price, and what's included. He would, of course, need a new expression.

Well, I stand corrected Mau, thanks for that :hi5:. It's a relief actually, MCM is made up of some folks from the old WOLF 359 days and their conventions were packed to the gills. Even the aforementioned sardines would have been uncomfortable!

I agree, being obliged to attend Expo every year (Japanophile daughters), although October's was a little easier as they had booked out the whole place.

I might be being cynical, but I wonder whether the need to get the event 10s to the UK and out in time for the celebration had anything to do with rushing the shipping on the non-event 10s. It would have been ideal if they shipped the non-event ones out at the same time as they sold the event ones, given that you have had quite a wait. Can't have everything, I suppose.

I must be getting tired or something. BC are having 100 of these Doctors available to sell on the 22nd. Meaning they had planned these guys in advance - fair enough. They are not able to accept final payments just now for figures that we have preordered (300 of us) and won't process any of that before the first/second week in December.
Now, if BC bring 25 of these ex figures each day to the event thing prior to allowing final payments to be made or even have our figures available for us to have, then that's just out of order.

You'd imagine an exclusive to come later or at least around the same time the base product reaches their loyal customers who have waited about a year for this. While I don't have a giant issue with this it kind of feels like a kick in the time rotor, if you catch my drift.

You know what? It wasn't done in a perfect way, but I think they were just trying to come up with a way to market and get attention.

No, it isn't fair that these people get their figures first, and no, they should get accessories which we don't, but there was no intention here but to get a little attention and help their fledgling brand.

You know what? It wasn't done in a perfect way, but I think they were just trying to come up with a way to market and get attention.

No, it isn't fair that these people get their figures first, and no, they should get accessories which we don't, but there was no intention here but to get a little attention and help their fledgling brand.

Yeah, I honestly can't get upset about the fact that some people will have a Tennant a couple of weeks before I do, especially as I much prefer the shirt and tie on the standard version; and I agree with Niceman that they are just trying to maximise profit. Good.

If someone is upset that's their prerogative, but personally I'm just looking forward to seeing the in hand photos next week. If this figure wasn't out next week then we wouldn't get those. The company has also given me an opportunity to own this figure early by taking a hit on the shipping and having them air freighted; but has permitted me to wait until two months after Christmas if funds are a problem.

I call all of that good customer service and find it hard to get angry about it. Maybe I'm just easily pleased.

I will probably sign up for the 50th 10th Doctor lottery but I won't be bummed if I don't get it. In reality the next 11th will most likely be from this episode and I would like them to match (even if the hair doesn't) but I'm not dying for it. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before someone commissions the suit from someone or even an accurate head.

I wasn't getting mine for another couple of weeks anyways as I have to wait for the return trip to China ! Now, if they would let my order ship from their warehouse I'd be a happy bunny. It would actually be in their best interest to do this for me. I pay usual postage anyway, but the Shenzhen to Shanghai postal cost is like, a quid!! Just slap an address label on the shipper and I've got it the next day.
Nah, I guess I'm not annoyed at the marketing, just really want to get this guy and his buddy.
Already planning to take my TARDIS Into work over the Christmas hold and spend time on it doing all the detail stuff that isn't on it. Also, with 4 coming with another head, I'm looking through various shows for opportunities to build a second 4 right away.

Yeah, I took a couple just now.
I worked on it ages ago. I have all the CG plans for a kit prepared, designed and ready to go. I have just been ultra busy with work related projects. I only had 1 out of my 6 weeks holiday last summer as I was in every day.. Yup, it's that busy. Anyways, heres a few pics.

It's getting there.
The windows and the like, I used print outs with the intention of preparing real parts, and the doors are held on with tape!! The top lamp was a make shift whilst I worked on a flashing module.. All this will be done when I find some time. By the time I complete it, BC will have an amazing one for sale. Haha!

Haha. I thought about that after I wrote the post.
I will aim to use the workshops during the Christmas holiday. I have the windows all designed and ready for laser cutting with appropriate materials. Yeah I'm going to get stuck into it, ready for 4 and 10 !! Lucky it's bigger in the inside.

Back