Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are all without context but, things that I noticed at

5:09 Chris Eccleston in clay.
6:33 Khan, Scotty and Uhura also in clay.

And an enormous Thunderbird 2 about half way through.

That was very interesting.

As for the other work in progress, this company produces stuff for a number of other companies, like Character Options, so those sculpts could be for absolutely anyone.

At 1:24 there are some reference shots of Sixie too.

Sorry Pix, I'm being a bit dense today (lack of sleep)....Sixie?

That was very interesting.

As for the other work in progress, this company produces stuff for a number of other companies, like Character Options, so those sculpts could be for absolutely anyone.

Yes, there is no context to put these against, so where we will see them again is anyone's guess. Nice to see them though.

Last edited:
I'd love anything to do with 9. My kid was off school today with her asthma and we sat down this morning and watched the first three episodes of series 1 - the first time she's seen them. It's fair to say they blew her mind! Scarier, funnier and just better than anything we've had for years, and she LOVED the Ninth Doctor.

Sixie = Sixth Doctor, Colin Baker. There was reference pics for him next to the oven. Though it could have been for a minibust, like the Eccleston piece seemed to be.

I'd love anything to do with 9. My kid was off school today with her asthma and we sat down this morning and watched the first three episodes of series 1 - the first time she's seen them. It's fair to say they blew her mind! Scarier, funnier and just better than anything we've had for years, and she LOVED the Ninth Doctor.

See, I missed the whole 9th Doctor era. I was raised on 3rd Doctor, just about made the transition to 4th Doctor, then was well and truly put off by the 5th Doctor. I didn't get back into it until the kids came along and we gave 10 a try. Now we are playing catchup whenever there are repeats on the telly. 11 has been my favourite to date, but I am pretty pleased about the choice of Peter Capaldi for 12. I have liked him as an actor for years and I think he will make a good job of it. I just hope they style him well. Being an older chap, he is going to have to work harder to be as impressive a trendsetter as Matt Smith.

See, I missed the whole 9th Doctor era. I was raised on 3rd Doctor, just about made the transition to 4th Doctor, then was well and truly put off by the 5th Doctor. I didn't get back into it until the kids came along and we gave 10 a try. Now we are playing catchup whenever there are repeats on the telly. 11 has been my favourite to date, but I am pretty pleased about the choice of Peter Capaldi for 12. I have liked him as an actor for years and I think he will make a good job of it. I just hope they style him well. Being an older chap, he is going to have to work harder to be as impressive a trendsetter as Matt Smith.

I think 9 himself might be an acquired taste to some people, because he's not like any other Doctor - though I love him. And some people might object to the broad humour of some of the material (though again not me). But the stories in his one season as Doctor (Series 1) were on the whole brilliant with some all-time classics there - Rose, The Unquiet Dead, Dalek, The Empty Child/ The Doctor Dances, Bad Wolf/ The Parting of the Ways. Well worth your time and money.

Just seen the photo of the Production sample clothes and they look STELLAR. Really love the way the coat hangs off Tennant and for a figure wearing a shirt, jacket and overcoat the silhouette looks fantastic - no suggestion of bulkiness. Can't wait to put this on a shelf.

Could anyone who knows how to do these things post a large version here?

Could anyone who knows how to do these things post a large version here?

Don't say I never give you anything.

1378889_10152642826976002_1064847607_n.jpg

Don't say I never give you anything.

Wouldn't dream of it! Thanks Mau!

EDIT: Futzing will make an already beautiful figure absolutely amazing. And I just noticed how one eyebrow is raised, lending interest to an otherwise 'neutral' expression. A piece of sculpting genius.

It does actually. At this stage of the game, I don't they could make this look any better. I am super impressed.
So glad I got in there with a preorder. Felt a little bit of angst after seeing the Amy production pics, but after futzing my 11, my confidence is regained !

looks great so glad i got a signiture edition on preorder just wished i had not forgot about Tom Baker and missed the chance of a signiture edition.

looks great so glad i got a signiture edition on preorder just wished i had not forgot about Tom Baker and missed the chance of a signiture edition.

You forgot??

How could you? :wink1:

That's a pity. At least You got in on the signed Dave figure. Of the two it's hard to say which I'd prefer. Both look awesome, but I think I'd rather have Toms sig.

You forgot??

How could you? :wink1:

That's a pity. At least You got in on the signed Dave figure. Of the two it's hard to say which I'd prefer. Both look awesome, but I think I'd rather have Toms sig.

That's a shame. Sorry you didn't get the chance. Knowing the popularity of these two Doctors in particular, I snatched both so consider myself lucky enough to have done so.

I got in there for both as well.
I think we are still on board for getting these this year.
It would be nice if BC could ship mine directly from the factory!
However, I'm guessing that the signed plaques are in the UK and get loaded in there.

Indeed it does. I've been having doubts recently, just due to how expensive it is, but I really don't think I'll give it up. There are so many other items I'd like to buy, but can't because of this. As soon as I have the figure, I'll know it was worth it. :p

Apparently Al Dewar of Character Options has been publicly attacking Who fans as stupid on his twitter feed. Wow. Now that's bad Customer Service.

Back