Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #10 David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to say thank you to Big Chief for keeping us updated on their products.

I just updated my account information on the website and imported my existing orders so that I can view them now from the website.

Honestly, the instructions supplied by Big Chief for getting set-up on their website, and making payments is pretty simple. There is nothing more complicated or time consuming here than the amount of time it takes to place an order on your average website.

It's not a problem of course you're a millionaire pop star who pre-sells tickets to concerts more than a year in advance, then it's ok...?

Well, they do have set dates on when the concert is and it rarely happens there's a shedule change. And a lot of the ticket sales money goes into transport bookings and stage extras, the more tickets sell in advance, the more special the concert it. I speak from experience with this.

Sort of apples and oranges.

Either way, thank you for the update. Hope to see everything working smoothly in the future. :hi5:

Well, they do have set dates on when the concert is and it rarely happens there's a shedule change. And a lot of the ticket sales money goes into transport bookings and stage extras, the more tickets sell in advance, the more special the concert it. I speak from experience with this.

Sort of apples and oranges.

Either way, thank you for the update. Hope to see everything working smoothly in the future. :hi5:

Unless of course they die :-(

Or get drunk and don't turn up - Arctic Monkeys

Or arrive 2 hours late and cut the show short - Rhiana

:)

Unless of course they die :-(

Or get drunk and don't turn up - Arctic Monkeys

Or arrive 2 hours late and cut the show short - Rhiana

:)

Yeah, but 10 is a little more than 2 hours late.....

I kid, I kid! :rotfl

We're all very excited to get these figures and don't mind jumping through one or two more final hoops at the end! They look amazing! :clap:clap

Although some of the hoops that had to be jumped through have been kind of silly, they've not been too difficult, at least. More than a couple people on this board and others have helped clarify when things seemed a bit unclear, too, which helped. And I've had good luck with BCS customer service. I do long for the day when they have a system as easy to use as Sideshow. But, hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Haha, I liked the more than 2 hours late point!
Everything does arrive eventually, and we are getting not one, but two Doctors for the price of....two!! So looking forward to these guys.
I've just to get my dad through the web site, which he hasn't managed to get sorted out yet.
Yesterday I sent him some quotes from you guys to see if that might help.
Of course, once these are shipped, we will have nothing to look forward to, unless we get a new preorder figure on the 25th !

Thanks for the update BC. Hope I can still use Paypal to pay for Tennant - much as I love my wife, sometimes I like to buy things without her knowing how much they cost...

Finally got the money together for Tennant and moved my account over - it wasn't hard although you feel like an archaeologist looking for emails almost a year old. I read here that you're supposed to email BC and they send you an invoice for the outstanding amount - right?

Will be pleased to finally finish this process!

I also wanted to point out to the BC guys that there are a couple of spelling mistakes on their stuff - 'surame' for 'surname' on the web form and 'activition' for 'activation' on their email. They brought out the sub editor in me, and I thought I'd mention it as spelling mistakes on the web always ring alarm bells with people (scammers make spelling mistakes). I have offered numerous times to sub edit your publicity materials for free, so there's no excuse!!!

I had a dream last night that both Tennant and Baker came in the post. I was happy. I woke up. I was sad. :lol

:)monkey2)

Ah yes, but only if we can pay for them.
My dad just emailed again and said cannot log into the site using his account. He has contacted BC to seek instruction!

Ah yes, but only if we can pay for them.
My dad just emailed again and said cannot log into the site using his account. He has contacted BC to seek instruction!

He needs to make a new account. See my post from yesterday. It gives pretty good instructions. :duff

Cheers.
I cut n pasted that into an email and sent it off just now.

Yes! Use those instructions. Even I managed to move my account using them. Just waiting for BC to invoice me now, the money's burning a hole in my Paypal account...

I got a reply from my dad, and he says he couldn't do it. I don't know what it is he's doing that's not working. I'm going to gave to do it for him I think!

So I setup a new account at your website and imported my Sherlock and 4th doctor preorders - great! But then I tried to import my 10th doctor preorder and it bombed - probably because the only record I received from bigchief for my preorder deposit is email saying that I have a "Voucher Code" which the new site does not recognize as a preorder ID. Little help here?

thanks-

I promise you guys it's not a ploy. As you know we have been developing the new website for some time. The problem is signing to a new payment gateway provider. The issue being the fact that we offer our customers payment plans. It would seem that whilst such a service is not a big deal in the US, in the good old U of K it is. The hold up is getting them to understand that we offer our products for pre-order several months before release. Whilst we are working hard to improve manufacturing and delivery times, this kind of product is largely hand-made and so takes time. It's not a problem of course you're a millionaire pop star who pre-sells tickets to concerts more than a year in advance, then it's ok...?

As I am sure you can appreciate whilst we want to make our new website informative and fun, it is essentially a store to sell our products. As such we have to first get signed up to a gateway provider, then build the store and site around their system.

We are doing our best with the interim system, far from perfect as it is, and implementing services as we go. Some of which will continue to be used once the new site is up and running, some of which won't.

Rest assured however that if you have already set up an account in the new system, you won't have to do this again. If you set up your account under the old system, you will be required to set up a new account and import your orders.

We have a post ready to go live right now, but are holding off pending some final checks etc.

More soon...

BCS

Back